jd5775

Best Train Era Minifigs?

traintech1.jpg

What train era had the best minifigs in your opinion?

I personally like the early 90's 9v minifigs, where the workers had the red and white chevron pattern and the train conductors had the blue suits.

I personally like the early 90's 9v minifigs, where the workers had the red and white chevron pattern and the train conductors had the blue suits.

Yeah, I agree with you. I've got a bunch of these blokes too:

trn049.jpg?0:thumbup:

I just realized I never even paid attention to minifigs in Lego Trains... I mean, I have my favourites among Lego choices for uniforms for police, firemen, astronauts, etc. but in the case of trains I don't even feel the need for consistency. Maybe for the on-board stewards, but not for the locomotive drivers and the men-at-work. Any would do :)

I think that the new ones (since 2004 I believe) are the best ones. But ofcourse that's my opinion. I like them more because those came with my first train sets, and I like the combination of the colors.

Yeah, I agree with you. I've got a bunch of these blokes too:

trn049.jpg?0:thumbup:

I have a ton of these guys, to me, these were the best. :thumbup:

I also love the train worker of which Brickaroo has posted a picture. Whether he has a red or white helmet doesn't play a role for me. I find the torso looks excellent.

@ Brickaroo, The Red Brick, Polish Guy & legotrainfan:

-Classic Smile > Check.

-Simple Design > Check.

For me the same. These figs may not look too realistic, but look more lego-ish. It's the same thing I have with TNT: although the tile looks less realistic, I think it's better than the 'real' one. Strange comparison, isn't it? :blush:

In the '80s, there were only classic smile faces in LEGO Town, Trains and Ships. In the early '90s, new faces came, but still the standard smile could be recognized, although it was fitted with sunglasses, a moustache or a headset. That's why I like that era. Classic smiles were easy to mix with the less classic ones (which happened in some sets as well). In the modern era, the classic smile and torso looks already aged (although there is a face that comes close to thre original smile).

So, for me it's simplicity. The nineties for me, with the eighties a close second. :classic:

Edited by Richie

Definitely. No question about it.

I agree with everyone. I believe the early '90s chevron worker look is best. The newer torsos minus the Train logo are identical to the construction ones. :hmpf_bad:

I don't know what the mini-fig is, but it's the one from the Railway express set, those railway men are my favorite, not to mention my first train set.

Edited by CarrollFilms

This one is the best train minifig, well for the grey 12v area :tongue: :

but020.gif

Although this one is also one of my favourite:

trn131.gif

Edited by AFOL12v

Although this one is also one of my favourite:

trn131.gif

Totally have to agree with that. Looks much better (cleaner?) than the Emerald Night fireman! And by the way, to be perfectly honest, I must admit I've developed a liking for Conductor Charlie here...

trn075.gif

I for one find that he looks much more decent than this weird-looking geezer:

trn080.gif

My favorite out of the locomotive figures I have and have seen would be the Maersk minifigs..... Out of the train minifigs I have...the Maersk minifigures have very beautiful blue outfits and have orange vests that can be taken off if need be. Ill admit there is a yellow <--0--> torso...maybe a train enthusiast? laborer? minifigure,,,,,, I assume its older, that I want very badly...

Edited by LovinLegoSince97

90's era train minifigs look great, but I do like the guys in orange vests. Can't quite put my finger on why. I think it's a good idea to have a mix of the various train guys around any layout, as it looks like they could be from different railway companies. One for the trains, one for the stations, one for track maintenance, etc.

I'd like to see some nicely detailed railway guys as part of the CMF line. It would convince me to buy more packets!

90's era train minifigs look great, but I do like the guys in orange vests. Can't quite put my finger on why. I think it's a good idea to have a mix of the various train guys around any layout, as it looks like they could be from different railway companies. One for the trains, one for the stations, one for track maintenance, etc.

I'd like to see some nicely detailed railway guys as part of the CMF line. It would convince me to buy more packets!

Yep, that is how I organize my minifigs... Maersk (3) figs deal with the locomotive, I have someone who looks more like an engineer controlling the Maersk locomotive, (7) orange Lego locomotive guys handle track maintenance, my train station, & my motor less 3677 engine, and (5) Oil guys & (1) mechanic to deal with engine trouble, any mechanical problems and fuel systems. :laugh:

I have never really thought about which ones are best. I have a random selection of old and new maintenance people. All my station staff where the same dark blue uniforms that you get nowadays. As for engine drivers and operators I think they all need their own character and quite like the one that comes with EN, but a mixture is best, I can't really say I prefer one over the other.

but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif

but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif but011.gif

Yes I love the 80's guys best. Thats propably because its what I played with in my childhood and they always looked so good in big numbers working on the railways in the Lego catalogues from that time.

My favorite out of the locomotive figures I have and have seen would be the Maersk minifigs..... Out of the train minifigs I have...the Maersk minifigures have very beautiful blue outfits and have orange vests that can be taken off if need be. Ill admit there is a yellow <--0--> torso...maybe a train enthusiast? laborer? minifigure,,,,,, I assume its older, that I want very badly...

Yes, would say this Guy is my favorite as well!

I seem to be in a minority and I'm surprised that THIS GUY isn't more popular. He was available during my dark age but I've bought a few since.

I only have the modern ones, but I like that for Maersk ones they included a separate mold for the hi-vis vest. I had not seen that before. It would be cool if TLG were to make some torso's with hi-vis yellow/green vests in addition to orange.