Sign in to follow this  
Toa_Of_Justice

MotoMan Revamped

Hello everyone,

You may remember my old transforming robot MOC, MotoMan. After receiving some constructive criticism and inspirational Brickshelf links, I attempted to improve my original MOC. Please let me know what you think of...

00_logo.png

mmv2_robot1_eb.png

Click on any picture (except the logo text) to enlarge it.

mmv2_robot2_eb.png

mmv2_robot3_eb.png

mmv2_robot4_eb.png

Check out what's under the "hood!"

mmv2_robot5_eb.png

Land vehicle mode:

mmv2_wheels1_eb.png

mmv2_wheels2_eb.png

mmv2_wheels3_eb.png

Air/space vehicle mode:

mmv2_wings1_eb.png

Check out the fold-out boosters and maneuvering flaps!

mmv2_wings2_eb.png

LXF File (Robot mode) - LXF File (Land Vehicle mode) - LXF File (Air/space vehicle mode)

Brickshelf Gallery (when public)

Note: You may need to rename each LXF file with an .lxf extension and save it as "All Files," otherwise it may save as a .zip folder.

:thumbup: Thanks for Popular Science and Jake Loniak for the original inspiration, and Superkalle for LEGO Universe Mode.

-Toa Of Justice

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Wow, that is a huge improvement from your first version, I'd say this is a 100x better than the first one. The use of those curved slopes in the head, body, arms, and legs give it a streamlined look and adds another level of sleekness in the overall look of MotoMan. Great job Toa_of_Justice! default_thumbup.gif

Any plans of doing this in brickform? That would be sweet.

Now this is much, much better than the first one was. Admittedly, the transformation is just as simplistic, but I'm not going to make a fuss over that now, considering you said later in the original topic that it's more of an afterthought than an integral feature - not to mention that you have greatly improved every other aspect of the model. The proportions are much more appropriate, and all the extra details you've crammed in help make it look interesting instead of bland. Also, I like how the wheels are integrated into the feet, and the little fold-out fins and thrusters are a nice touch. Oh, yeah, and the wings make pretty damn good "pauldrons" in robot mode.

All in all, a huge improvement - keep building! If you tried something with a more intricate transformation, I'd be particularly interested.

Thanks for the comments! :grin:

Any plans of doing this in brickform? That would be sweet.

I'm not sure if I can do that. First of all, this MOC was made in LEGO Universe mode, so there are probably a few parts that don't exist in the real world. Secondly, I prefer to keep my existing sets together, and I'd rather not spend money on BrickLink to get more pieces. Sorry if I disappointed you. :sad:

Oh, yeah, and the wings make pretty damn good "pauldrons" in robot mode.

Thanks. :classic: I was trying to make the wings fold back more, but it seems I made something better instead.

All in all, a huge improvement - keep building! If you tried something with a more intricate transformation, I'd be particularly interested.

Maybe someday...who knows. Inspiration for MOCs such as MotoMan doesn't seem to come up often enough for me, and if it does, time must be available. Another college term is just days away for me, so if I made another transforming MOC, it would be quite a long time from now.

-Toa Of Justice