i'd rather have a video on how to put in the extra parts that are mentioned in step 33 en 36...

Changing the LA's is a piece of cake....

@ZBLJ:

Thes instructions you have found are the originals.

Check page 41 en 45!

The parts of the service pack are used on these pages

Edit: you found it out yourself!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

So, with the 8043 Service Pack installed, does everyone's Motorized Excavator now operate as shown in this 20-second

? :oh:

Edited by DLuders

So, with the 8043 Service Pack installed, does everyone's Motorized Excavator now operate as shown in this 20-second

? :oh:

No!! Mine operates the same before and after the service pack. Slow, but adequate. I still love the set.

Just Curious, if anyone In Canada has received their service pack yet?

I have not yet received mine, and was wondering if anyone else is still waiting?

Just Curious, if anyone In Canada has received their service pack yet?

I have not yet received mine, and was wondering if anyone else is still waiting?

You're not alone, I'm still waiting for mine.

You're not alone, I'm still waiting for mine.

I'll go even further... Has anyone in North America (except for Blakbird) received the service kit yet?

- Tomahawker

Yes, I got my 8043 Service Pack on September 27th. I live in Spokane, Washington. Perhaps TLG is supplying the replacements on a "first-come, first-served" basis. I contacted Lego Customer Service in early August 2010 when the problems were first identified on this Eurobricks forum.

Yes, I got my 8043 Service Pack on September 27th. I live in Spokane, Washington. Perhaps TLG is supplying the replacements on a "first-come, first-served" basis. I contacted Lego Customer Service in early August 2010 when the problems were first identified on this Eurobricks forum.

It seems that way. I'd imagine there's thousands of service packs to be sent out, so I'll remain patient I guess/

Edited by Coaster105

I've been one of the first to make a complaint* about the 8043 Excavator; I even received one (?????) LA to deal with the problem.

Ofter various communications with TLG they put on their replacementpack list. But that was after a month of intensive writing and calling.

* my first email is from august 5th....

I'm still waiting for my replacementpack!

Note:

The B-model works (with added panels and even with the old LA's) like a charm!

dsc04555.jpg

I'm still waiting for my replacementpack!

I'm still waiting for a reply on the email I sent lego 14 days ago,

How hard can it be to sent me a reply?

If they send you a -personal- reply, it means they 've read your mail. And as they are having trouble getting trough their mail bulk, they haven 't send you any reply because they haven 't read it yet. At least, that is what I presume :tongue:

I 'v never got any reply to my mail whatsoever either...

But I got my service Pack just the same.. :thumbup:

Give them a call, if you haven 't allready ;)

I want to remark in general:

The TLG service is good, nice and friendly, reps, good service.

Remember: it 's 4 -extra- LA 's for free!

The difference isn 't all that clear.. or is it realy?

If they send you a -personal- reply, it means they 've read your mail. And as they are having trouble getting trough their mail bulk, they haven 't send you any reply because they haven 't read it yet. At least, that is what I presume :tongue:

I 'v never got any reply to my mail whatsoever either...

But I got my service Pack just the same.. :thumbup:

Never heard a word from them but recived the service pack today, So great service but next time just send an email so I know they recived mine and are working on it. (BTW, Really? 4 actuators and some small bits are gonna fix all the problems?, I'll have to build the model from ground up anyways so it may take a while before i can test it out.)

In the letter that came with the service pack they say they haven't had any complaints about the chaindrive on the 8051 bike not performing as good as on the older bikes.

Now I can be wrong here, But I swear I saw more people complaining about it getting stuck and all, On this forum or on the LowLUG forums.

Anyway, As far as I remember nobody recieved any fix for it so it doesn't really matter.

My Lego sets are for building fun and shelf show-off only, So it's not like it's bothering me.

Finally got my SP's today...stands to reason whether those little extra pieces do any good, can't really see how, just a couple of friction pegs w/ axle ends and a crossblock with axleholes and a 3L axle w/ end stop is supposed to help the rotating of the superstructure? Seems like just a couple pieces wouldn't fix the whole issue, almost seems like they should have modified with an XL-motor for the boom raise, but that would have drastically altered the design and would have been very expensive.

Same here...

Finally got my SP's today...stands to reason whether those little extra pieces do any good, can't really see how, just a couple of friction pegs w/ axle ends and a crossblock with axleholes and a 3L axle w/ end stop is supposed to help the rotating of the superstructure? Seems like just a couple pieces wouldn't fix the whole issue, almost seems like they should have modified with an XL-motor for the boom raise, but that would have drastically altered the design and would have been very expensive.

Those extra parts have nothing to do with the boom issue. They keep one of the gears for the drive system from falling off.

I just bought the set from TRU today, and have a nagging feeling that it's the old version.

Is there anyway to confirm this, without opening the box?

I already have one copy of the old version, and the boxes are identical as far as I can see, down to the barcode and the numbers surrounding it.

The numbers are "Item: 4560806" over the barcode, and 125778 under it. The barcode itself is 570201460135.

Regards, Arild

I found it odd that the Excavator is not listed in the new catalog. If it's supposed to be a flagship model, you'd think Lego would put it on the back cover or something.

Maybe they aren't pushing sales of it too much? I dunno.

I just bought the set from TRU today, and have a nagging feeling that it's the old version.

Until now there is no way in seeing if a 8043 set is the "old" or the "new" without opening the set.

Is there anyway to confirm this, without opening the box?

I already have one copy of the old version, and the boxes are identical as far as I can see, down to the barcode and the numbers surrounding it.

The numbers are "Item: 4560806" over the barcode, and 125778 under it. The barcode itself is 570201460135.

Regards, Arild

the new one ive just got from s@h

item# 4560806

barcode# 5702014601635

other # below barcode 125778

Edited by sted

the new one ive just got from s@h

item# 4530806

barcode# 5702014601635

other # below barcode 125778

Can you confirm that the item number is 4530806 ?

If that's the case, then we can use this to tell them apart. (My first posting had a typo in the barcode, the correct number is indeed 5702014601635)

The set I bought from TRU yesterday was the old version, so no help there.

Can you confirm that the item number is 4530806 ?

If that's the case, then we can use this to tell them apart. (My first posting had a typo in the barcode, the correct number is indeed 5702014601635)

The set I bought from TRU yesterday was the old version, so no help there.

nope twas a typo corrected above