Bonaparte

Survey: New parts and new colors

5 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Heck, their are a lot of sand colors we could get that would be awesome, but sand colors might be deemed "drab" and "not colorful enough". This is understandable for the kiddies, but what about us AFOLs who want something a little more realistic? Hopefully we'll get some of these colors in future modulars.

Agreed, but the latest Ideas set has a lot of sand green! (at least I think it's sand green...)

2 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Agreed, but the latest Ideas set has a lot of sand green! (at least I think it's sand green...)

It is sand green. :sweet:

16 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yet another reason why that set is so great!

Agreed!

It would be nice to have part no. 57999 (train motor wheels pictured below) in Dark Brown to pair with part no. 2871(also pictured below) in the same color from the 2016 Ninjago set no. 70589 Rock Roader.

4621116.jpg 6152295.jpg

I would also like to nominate the 1 x 3 x 4 doors (both left and right) in red, black and dark bluish grey. Orange would be nice too.

I'd like to see more tile parts with clips or bar handles, a bit like 30350 and 15712:

30350b.png   15712.png

...in a similar array of pieces that bars and clips appear on plates?

I'd be really happy to see the inverted tile 11203 modified in similar ways too.

Could we get a motor like 2986 for the PF system?

2986.gif?0

This would be so great for things that need to fit into a small package (trains for example).

34 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

This would be so great for things that need to fit into a small package (trains for example).

More thumbs up for this than I have fingers... To automate small vehicles or things like cranes all other motors are way too bulky.

21 minutes ago, Capparezza said:

More thumbs up for this than I have fingers... To automate small vehicles or things like cranes all other motors are way too bulky.

Also, smaller battery boxes like 4760 would be a nice addition to the PF system as well.

4760c01.jpg?0

Maybe even something as small as a battery box that would hold a single triple-a-battery? But in general, sized down PF components of many varieties would be great!

3 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

That would be great if that was made, Lego have to make a S-motor eventually!

4 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Also, smaller battery boxes like 4760 would be a nice addition to the PF system as well.

Maybe even something as small as a battery box that would hold a single triple-a-battery? But in general, sized down PF components of many varieties would be great!

A small box like that old one for 9V battery would indeed be welcome for things that do need much power (lights, small motors for accessories, etc.)

However one for a single AAA battery would not: AA & AAA are 1.5V, hence why you need to put 6 of them in a box ;)

Edited by antp

On 5/28/2017 at 11:44 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

As far as colors go, one particular blank spot in Lego's color spectrum I think needs to be filled is a solid reddish orange color (example pictured below) that sits in between Bright Orange and Bright Red. It would be the darker equivalent of Flame Yellowish Orange, which sits between Bright Yellow and Bright Orange on the spectrum.

color-0658-Orange-red.jpg

LEGO actually has had colors like that in the past! In the classic era there was Red-Orange, in the early 2000s there was Bright Reddish Orange (which was specifically meant as an intermediate shade between Bright Red and Bright Orange), and later on there was even supposedly a Flame Reddish Orange, though as far as I know no bricks have been found in that color — it may have only been used for printing.

Overall I get the impression none of these colors saw enough use to justify their continued existence. Especially today, it takes a lot to get new colors approved, and part of that is demonstrating that sets can get a lot of use out of them that they couldn't get out of other colors.

56 minutes ago, badgerboy said:

Quarter circle curved or "macaroni" slopes and macaroni cheese ;-)!

In a mixed Lego/Mega Blox bucket collection I found at a thrift store, there were some interesting 1 by 2 sloped macaroni type bricks in speckled red from some Halo set that came in the mixed bucket, something similar to what you are describing. I tried finding a picture searching different ways, but could not find it since I don't know what Halo set it came from. 

But yeah, sloped macaroni bricks of different sizes, slopes, and corresponding inverses would be most welcome. :classic:

21 minutes ago, manglegrat said:

I'd love to see 47753 Wedge 4 x 4 No Top Studs in LBG.

47753.t1.png

Can't get enough parts in LBG... :laugh:

What is color is LBG an acronym for?

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Light Bluish Gray.

Thankyou sir! :classic:

It's also known as Medium Stone Grey (e.g. on Lego's PickABrick site).

10 hours ago, manglegrat said:

Thankyou sir! :classic:

It's also known as Medium Stone Grey (e.g. on Lego's PickABrick site).

I like how some sites (New Elementary especially) use brackets for clarification i.e. Medium Stone Grey [TLG], Light Bluish Gray [BL] to note the colour. Some may know, but not another.

Always been contradictory/hypocritical to say that it has to be 'Lego' and never 'Legos' with certain sticklers going out of their way to lecture others as to why, yet when it comes to colors those same people lecturing others on official Lego terminology can't be bothered to use the official Lego-designated color names. There is no 'bley'. Medium Stone Grey, Dark Stone Grey, New Dark Red, Reddish Brown, Sand Yellow, Brick Yellow... its pretty simple stuff, Legos. 

What's wrong with bley legos*? :devil: :snicker:

(*or worse, lego's. But that's more a case of atrocious punctuation than of correct naming. :wall:)

22 minutes ago, rodiziorobs said:

What's wrong with bley legos*? :devil: :snicker:

(*or worse, lego's. But that's more a case of atrocious punctuation than of correct naming. :wall:)

Hahaha, the two less than correct terms when used together compliment each other quite nicely. Can never have enough bley legos. 

Well it is simple answer with non-TLG colour naming. While buying parts on BL you cannot find them in Medium Stone Grey, Dark Stone Grey, New Dark Red, Reddish Brown, Sand Yellow, Brick Yellow, etc... So people got used to non-official names, which sometimes are more clear than TLG's.

And the reason for these non-official color names is that Lego wasn't publishing their "internal" names back then, so people had to "create" names for the colors.