Bonaparte

Survey: New parts and new colors

40 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Is this a new color?

Is what a new color?

The vehicle looks white, the top looks dark turquoise + dark azure with some details in dark purple, the lines seem to be dark pink, or magenta, and a salmon-like colour that could be new, but could also just be the existing bright pink.

I do see a part that looks like a 8x8 round plate with gear teeth, in pink. Is that a new part?

I also wonder whether the curves at the very front bottom are the one of the existing arch pieces, or a new piece fitting in between the existing 1x3x2 and 1x6x3 arch. I assume they're the existing pieces, since the image is skewed and hard to see.

Edited by Erik Leppen

5 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Is what a new color?

I think those giant transparent pieces might be new in trans purple.

Looks like salmon is indeed back. Compared to the pinks in the picture without the box (Brickset), I'd say it's certainly none of the existing pinks.

4 hours ago, cimddwc said:

Looks like salmon is indeed back. Compared to the pinks in the picture without the box (Brickset), I'd say it's certainly none of the existing pinks.

It’s different than classic salmon (Medium Red). It’s a new color called Vibrant Coral.

1 hour ago, LucyCol said:

Looking at the Chinese New years sets The Dragon Dance Appears to have a new colour for the brick separator, or have I bee missing this for years?

Nope, new in teal for next year. It's also in a few of the Lego Movie 2 sets.

First time I've seen it discussed the 1x4 plate with 2 studs got a change. I got a couple from the Speed Champions Mini set I believe.

Pic from New Elementary:

lego-70828_Pop-Up_Party-Bus_IMG_2919.jpg

http://www.newelementary.com/2019/01/review-lego-movie-70828-pop-up-party-bus.html

Now it will look like tiles from the side when used as a separation/hold point for a 'modular' style connection. They were using 1x2 w 1 stud "jumper plates" in some official sets for that look.

Edited by koalayummies
Link fix

On 1/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, Takanuinuva said:

I wonder if the new spinner parts from the Ninjago Legacy could be used for custom wheels. Item on the bottom right.

Good thought actually! Here are the component parts on Brickset:

https://brickset.com/parts/design-40144
https://brickset.com/parts/design-40145
https://brickset.com/parts/design-59895

It could also be a neat way to attach wheels to some type of Technic-based steering or suspension!

2 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Good thought actually! Here are the component parts on Brickset:

https://brickset.com/parts/design-40144
https://brickset.com/parts/design-40145
https://brickset.com/parts/design-59895

It could also be a neat way to attach wheels to some type of Technic-based steering or suspension!

The holder part could also be use for robot hands. Maybe even to make a giant Squirebot

Edited by Takanuinuva

My personal hope now the colour is back in action is for minifig parts in Teal (er - I think the TLG name for it is Dark Turquoise..?), preferably City-adjacent but I wouldn't complain about Space. My sigfig contains a dark green shirt and blue jeans as a reasonable approximation, but there's just something about that colour that's very appealing and I'd easily swap the hoodie out for that.

As for part shapes... one thing I've wondered about a bunch is ID 2460 (Modified 2x2 Tile with Pin), but with a plus-axle instead of a pin. It would be quite useful for load-bearing SNOT technology, and if combined with ball joints ID 32474 or ID 53585, it'd make for a nicer, more elegant system-constraction interface than those modified 2x2x1 bricks that usually crop up in the one or two larger, too-big-for-Mixels-joints mechs a year.

From left to right:  Connector Peg L-Pin (Left-Hand); Connector Peg L-Pin (Right-Hand); Connector Through L-Pin (Left-Hand); Connector Through L-Pin (Right-Hand); 90 Degree 1M Beam; Peg Through Connector; Reverse Connector Peg L-Pin (Left-Hand); Reverse Connector Peg L-Pin (Right-Hand); Reverse Connector Through L-Pin (Left-Hand); Reverse Connector Through L-Pin (Right-Hand); String Tie End, Female; String Tie End, Male.

There may be ways to accomplish similar connections using more than one piece, but for ease of building, one piece would be better.  Also, there are definitely some advantages to being able to connect things in new, and inventive ways.

Colors: Any.

I believe that connectors like these could greatly expand what you can currently do with the existing set of connectors.  As far as the String Tie End, it's a royal pain to have to untie your hook from the string every time you want to change your model.   Why not tie a string between the hook and the String Tie End, and the other string to the capstan to the other String Tie End?  Then, you just snap the two ends together and you have one string.  The String Tie Ends are sized to fit through a standard Lego hole.

Lego.jpg

On 3/19/2019 at 12:08 PM, TheWebExpert said:

There may be ways to accomplish similar connections using more than one piece, but for ease of building, one piece would be better.  Also, there are definitely some advantages to being able to connect things in new, and inventive ways.

Isn't half the fun working out how to make these connections using the parts you already have, rather than wishing for new parts?

On 3/19/2019 at 8:08 AM, TheWebExpert said:

From left to right:  Connector Peg L-Pin (Left-Hand); Connector Peg L-Pin (Right-Hand); Connector Through L-Pin (Left-Hand); Connector Through L-Pin (Right-Hand); 90 Degree 1M Beam; Peg Through Connector; Reverse Connector Peg L-Pin (Left-Hand); Reverse Connector Peg L-Pin (Right-Hand); Reverse Connector Through L-Pin (Left-Hand); Reverse Connector Through L-Pin (Right-Hand); String Tie End, Female; String Tie End, Male.

Colors: Any.

I believe that connectors like these could greatly expand what you can currently do with the existing set of connectors.  As far as the String Tie End, it's a royal pain to have to untie your hook from the string every time you want to change your model.   Why not tie a string between the hook and the String Tie End, and the other string to the capstan to the other String Tie End?  Then, you just snap the two ends together and you have one string.  The String Tie Ends are sized to fit through a standard Lego hole.

Beyond that being a lot of new parts for pretty specific situations (which as mentioned above, could probably be avoided entirely by changing the build in most cases), many of them look like they'd be awfully fragile. The yellow and blue ones in particular seem like they'd snap under pressure, which is a big no-no for Technic parts.

Not sure if its been suggested here before but I would like to see the shoulder bag piece in black.

I would also like to see a new yellow head with both facial hair (beard and moustache) and a pair of sunglasses since (AFAIK) no such head exists.

And I would like to see this hair piece https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=87990 in black (it technically already exists in black but only in a nearly impossible-to-get Toys R Us Bricktober pack and an even more impossible-to-get Team GB Judo Fighter) but I want to see it in a regular release set.

I would really love to see the return of these two minifigure body parts.

Torso & Extended Arms

Hips & Extended Legs

I feel these two parts should have been used for Jack Skellington. They would also be perfect for potential minifigures of Professor Utonium & HIM from The Powerpuff Girls, Hunson Abadeer (Marceline's demon father) from Adventure Time, and many other fictional characters I can't think of!

We need this part in a 1x2 version. :laugh: It's exactly what I'd need for a model I'm working on which I can't find a solution for to make it perfect. :cry_sad:

19 hours ago, Kalahari134 said:

A Powered up pneumatic switch. So that pneumatics can be controlled by a Hub. 

An S motor for small builds. 

Wouldn't you be able to achieve the former with just an existing pneumatic switch and a Powered Up motor? I'm not sure what advantage a dedicated component would offer apart from possibly being more compact, something that the S motor you suggest would also allow on its own.