Bonaparte

Survey: New parts and new colors

I guess it was told already but it's really hard to find it now. Anyway:

Plant Leaves 6 x 5 in yellow, lime, orange, bright orange, olive, red, rerelease in white

Plant Leaves 4 x 3 in yellow, lime, bright green, orange, bright orange, red, white

A thought I had was if red bricks had a thin tan border around the face of one side,..they'd look like actual bricks when building a wall. Since the tan lines would give the appearance of actual mortar between the bricks.

That'd be pretty cool. A wall that actually looks more like a real wall.

..plus if they're only painted on one side, you could still use the other side facing out if you didn't want the 'mortar' to show.

something like this...

n471wl.jpg

when combined with others could look like...

zohjit.jpg

which would be really cool.

(If this exists already, apologies, I just haven't seen it)

Edited by Malikon

Something like that exists. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?q=masonry

I usually just find myself wanting parts in colors that have never been made or are rare. One I really wish they'd make is a straight counterpart to the baseplate from Bandit's Secret Hideout. Another obvious one is the 1x4 masonry brick I linked to. It only comes in orange ("medium dark flesh"). How stupid is that?

Edited by jodawill

I'd like a few thousand 1X2 Red and Dark Red plates with the borders you're thinking of.

I'd like a few thousand 1X2 Red and Dark Red plates with the borders you're thinking of.

You can get that effect by using jumpers to offset them.

I have been wanting a 2x2 round jumper plate for a while so i can put a 2x2 dish on top.

Yeah, I think a round jumper is long overdue.

Personally, I'd like a minifigure arm with a stud on the end. Something like the old robot arm, except without the mechanical details. That could make some really cool customs.

I was a little stunned yesterday to realize there is no green 1 x 1 brick with stud on one side. There of course is a green headlight/Erling brick, but the offset can make a difference when trying to do some SNOT work.

The stud on one side brick is available in lime green and dark green, but not regular green. :hmpf_bad: .

I was a little stunned yesterday to realize there is no green 1 x 1 brick with stud on one side. There of course is a green headlight/Erling brick, but the offset can make a difference when trying to do some SNOT work.

The stud on one side brick is available in lime green and dark green, but not regular green. :hmpf_bad: .

I think you can try a green 1x1 technic brick and a 1/2 technic pin.

6541.gif

4274.gif

I think you can try a green 1x1 technic brick and a 1/2 technic pin.

6541.gif

4274.gif

Only when the build is in Dk Green, not regular green, because the technic brick doesn't come in other greens eighter...

Cool thread by the way. I've been thinking about starting a similar one. I came across the frustrating problem of not having the right part in the right colour because of it not existing many a time... I get often frustrated by the lack of plates with an uneven amount of studs on one side... Ofcourse we have 1x1s, and hurray for 1x3s... But some 5s or 7s would really be helpful. I now know there is a 3x3 plate in grey, so I hope Lego will continue making these uneven studded plates, in lots of colours ofcourse...

It just came to me...

WHAT IF...

...one of the other brickcompanies beats Lego to it to release a patented brick like a 2x2 jumperplate as mentioned above..? Then this brick can't be released by our beloved TLG for another 50 years... Am I right? I think I am...

Edited by B Rick

Only when the build is in Dk Green, not regular green, because the technic brick doesn't come in other greens eighter...

Do you mean you can't get them new from PAB? Because the 1x1 technic brick has been made in green.

This topic should be merged with this one.

Also, about the round jumper, would you like something like this ?

2x2jum11.jpg

...one of the other brickcompanies beats Lego to it to release a patented brick like a 2x2 jumperplate as mentioned above..? Then this brick can't be released by our beloved TLG for another 50 years... Am I right? I think I am...

They all make copies of Lego's recent parts, so it would be difficult for them to attack or else they would have to explain all their other parts...

They all make copies of Lego's recent parts, so it would be difficult for them to attack or else they would have to explain all their other parts...

Hmmz... You've got a point right there. I haven't checked out parts of other companies that well so I don't know whether or not they've copied recent parts... Are they exactly the same? I did notice (slightly) differences between Kreo's copies of the 'same' Lego part... But as I said, I didn't check it ou thoroughly. I did had a chat with a Lego-specialst last week about patents and he told me that Lego stays ahead of competitors by releasing lots of parts that the competitor companies cannot produce because of patents and legal rights...

Patents and legal rights is a really big thing for companies. It may be far fetched but could it be possible that Lego has sold, or made some other agreements with those other companies to 'copy' certain parts since the patent was over recently..?

Do you mean you can't get them new from PAB? Because the 1x1 technic brick has been made in green.

I checked out the part you're referring to on brickset . com, and it seems that the only green that part came in is Dk Green.

Could it be that the green you are referring to has been discontinued, like for instance Dark Red? (wich has become New Dark Red and really s different from the old one...)

Edited by B Rick

I checked out the part you're referring to on brickset . com, and it seems that the only green that part came in is Dk Green.

Could it be that the green you are referring to has been discontinued, like for instance Dark Red? (wich has become New Dark Red and really s different from the old one...)

No, the 1x1 technic brick in (regular) green is a common piece. I have several of them, and there are hundreds of them for sale on bricklink.

13938139355_2db1abf56e.jpg

Hmm, that's new to me. Rather good news I might add.

I regularly check on Brickset.com whether a part is available in what colour. What you're telling me means that there could be loads of parts I desperately need and think do not exist ...DO exist! :classic:

Do you have any idea from which set(number) this particular green piece came? Or could it be that Lego made a run of them just for the aftermarket..?

Cause below is what I had found on the brickset page:

lego_brickset_1.jpg

And when I clicked on the one green part (wich seems regular green btw...) I got it telling me it's Dk Green...

lego_brickset_2.jpg

Brickset's data comes from TLG's database, which doesn't cover Every Part Since the Dawn of Time like BrickLink's does. BrickLink will tell you what sets it came in. In this instance - http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=6541&colorID=6&in=A

Re dark Green confusion, Brickset uses TLG's colour naming system. BrickLink uses one that was partially invented by FOLs. There are many confusing differences - arguably the most confusing is that what BrickLink calls Green, TLG call Dark Green. What BrickLink calls Dark Green, TLG call Earth Green.

Edited by caperberry

^That's because the color naming is different between AFOLs and TLG also. Dark green for AFOLs is actually earth green for TLG, so completely different naming. I think peeron or someone has a chart that shows the comparison.

This topic should be merged with this one.

Also, about the round jumper, would you like something like this ?

I've found myself wanting this piece many a time.

Thanks LegoDr and Caperberry!

That is valuable information (at least for a beginner like me...)

So the green I found on brickset IS the regular green 62Bricks was referring to...

Brickset's data comes from TLG's database, which doesn't cover Every Part Since the Dawn of Time like BrickLink's does. BrickLink will tell you what sets it came in. In this instance - http://www.bricklink...&colorID=6&in=A

Re dark Green confusion, Brickset uses TLG's colour naming system. BrickLink uses one that was partially invented by FOLs. There are many confusing differences - arguably the most confusing is that what BrickLink calls Green, TLG call Dark Green. What BrickLink calls Dark Green, TLG call Earth Green.

Of course - I didn't think about the color name confusion.

What you're telling me means that there could be loads of parts I desperately need and think do not exist ...DO exist! :classic:

I was waiting since a few years for a 2x4 car wheel arches/mudguard part in green ( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=60212 / http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3788 )

I discovered that it existed in one set just after the set was retired! ( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=6910-1 )

I missed the set mostly because on some of the official photos (e.g. the one used on Brickset) the part appears as white instead of green :hmpf_bad:

It is quite rare on Bricklink, but luckily I recently found three of that set in a local shop :sweet:

I am missing some "basic" things like

1x5 plate and 1x5 brick

1x7 plate and 1x7 brick

Of course, you can use 1x2 + 1x3 or 1x3 + 1x4 instead. But in some cases, a single part would be easier to handle and would provide more stiffness/stability.

12 x Tan Slope 2x2 Double Concave for this :

13924579932_733c4ed3a9_c.jpg

I suspect however that some where produced. BL traced 3 of those.

I have wanted some red1x2x3 panels for quite a while and I do not care whether they have hollow or solid studs on top. Such a panel once existed in red with solid, but the element was discontinued. It has never been produced in that colour with hollow studs. I'd love to have some of them for a freight waggon.

Picture of the brick: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2362b