• Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor
  2. 2. Is this truly a set?

• Yes
    • No

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I was down at LEGOLAND California last weekend for LEGO Star Wars Days 2010, and one of the free collectibles I picked up was the commemorative DUPLO brick. To my surprise (apparently because people were trying to take multiple bricks) there were workers handing out the bricks, which were in bags complete with set numbers. Does this make it a set? You decide!

Name: Dup. Brick LLC Star Wars Days (short for Duplo Brick LEGOLAND California Star Wars Days)

Set Number: 4619558

Pieces: 1

Price: Free Promotional Item

Ages: 11/2

Minifigs: 0

Theme: Star Wars

Year of Release: 2010

The Package:

12813969221_SPLASH.jpg

Front View

12813969232_SPLASH.jpg

Back View

The bag is transparent and white with the usual notices and info on it. There is one new icon: A hand dipping a brick in water, with a temperature written beneath. I guess TLG recommends that you wash bricks in 40-degree-Celsius water.

The Contents:

12813969233_SPLASH.jpg

12813969244_SPLASH.jpg

So you open up the bag and out drops...just one piece. No instructions? Looks like we'll have to figure this one out on our own.

(this is where you pretend to be the class dummy)

The Build:

12813968181_SPLASH.jpg

Once you figure it out, here's a picture of the completed 'model':

12813968212_SPLASH.jpg

The build is...fairly boring, but what can you expect from a toy for 1-year-olds? The Happy Meal toys from McDonalds weren't much better, and they're for five-year-olds.

(this is where you're supposed to facepalm)

The Completed 'Model':

Here's a close up of the graphic:

12813968233_SPLASH.jpg

As you can see, the print depicts Boba Fett, who seemed to be the subject of the entire event. Boba Fett posters, Boba Fett Miniland Hunt, and even White Boba Fetts for Trivia Contest Winners. The minifig here is the 2010 edition, but it's extremely distorted, pixelated, and stretched out of proportion, much like the graphic on the 2009 Brick:

12813968244_SPLASH.jpg

Speaking of comparisons, here's a group shot of all the Commemorative Star Wars Bricks I have:

12813968245_SPLASH.jpg

From left to right, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. The event and the bricks date back to 2005, but I didn't start attending until '08. I picked up the 2007 brick from a friend who was letting go of his LEGO. Ah, there's nothing one likes more than getting someone else's collectible LEGO for free....

(this is where you smile and remember...)

Features:

The model itself doesn't have many features, but who cares! Pay attention to the packaging! It's a Ziploc! It's reusable! For example, you can...

12813968256_SPLASH.jpg

...use it to scoop up dog poop!

12813968257_SPLASH.jpg

Just don't let kids play with it - it's a suffocation hazzard!

Uh...*cough**cough* so, yeah. You could use it to store LEGO, but that's such an un-original idea.

Ratings:

Price/Piece Count: 10/10 Hey, you can't argue with free! Of course, if you went to LLC just for this one set, than you kind of lost out.

Bricks: 18/20 From a collector's point of view, this one brick is a must-have. 10% subtracted just because it's got very few uses in a MOC that a normal DUPLO can't fulfill.

Build: 0/10 Uh, there was no build.

Minifigs: 0/20 See above explanation.

Playability/Features: 3/10 Despite my ranting in the review, the bags really are useful, and some younger kids I know did have fun playing with these. Not much, but it's better than nothing.

Age Appropriateness: 5/5 When the package says "Age 11/2", it's a one-piece set's chance to shine. A pity not many fans pay attention to the age recommendation, so there's not many points to be had.

Reviewer's Tilt: 19/25 As a memorabilia-freak, I can appreciate this kind of thing. It's free, looks good in a display case, and could make a little profit on the aftermarket. It's not something many people can appreciate, though.

Grand Total: 55/100 or 55%

And finally,

12813968308_SPLASH.jpg

"It's so easy, a caveman could do it."

(this is where you're supposed to laugh)

Excellent Review Brickdoctor. It really made me feel like I WANT IT. Also very funny with the caveman bits and side sayings. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

No thanks. I would have no use for this, but I would keep it in the bag and sell it after 10 years.

Nice review Doc, it's a pretty interesting 'set', I've actually never heard/seen/known this one until now. It's a good 'collectible' which not everyone can easily get.

Excellent Review Brickdoctor. It really made me feel like I WANT IT. Also very funny with the caveman bits and side sayings. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Does that make this an outstanding review of a glorified sales pitch?

No thanks. I would have no use for this, but I would keep it in the bag and sell it after 10 years.

My thoughts exactly.

Of what I can see, I have to say What Build, it just a one big piece nothing more, nothing less. Anyways it do look good, like that they used Boba that year and like that they used the DUPLO, so they can give it to kids. The small sad part about it is trying to use that for MOCs, it's good for collecting yes but it be great if there was also a 2 x 4 Tile of it, so that it can be use for a nerd room in a house.