Sign in to follow this  
Modulex Guy

Modulex MOC: Castle de Modulex

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Since new EB member "Karyn" recently posted about Modulex, I realized I had never posted my castle that made its debut at Brickworld.

so here it is in all its glory:

P1050223.jpg

P1050221.jpg

P1050222.jpg

P1050225.jpg

P1050227.jpg

P1050218.jpg

P1050219.jpg

P1050217.jpg

P1050220.jpg

Enjoy. Comments welcome. :classic:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow. I am totally impressed. This is probably the best Modulex MOCs I've ever seen. I love the drawbridge, and the angled walls are cool too. I also like that you put buildings like the church inside the walls :thumbup:

I love it... working with LEGO is hard enough, you and Karyn and the other modulex users are just outstanding working within the limits of modulex!

I love little castles!

This is very cool! There are lots of nice details in this.

Also, can someone please tell me what Modulex is? Was it made by TLG, or does somebody else make it?

This is very cool! There are lots of nice details in this.

Also, can someone please tell me what Modulex is? Was it made by TLG, or does somebody else make it?

To begin with, Modulex was made by TLG in the late 60's early 70's, they then focused on planning boards and letter tiles, and today, architectural signage.

That is the super short history of Modulex.

Very old, and Very rare today.

Looks really great and its cool to see some Modulex.

So what are the main differences between lego and modulex?

Nicely done Polish Guy, I simply love the colorful design of the base to capture the greeneries and waterforms. And thanks for the short history of Mofdules, I never knew that before.

Cool castle! That's a lot of Modulex... :oh:

So what are the main differences between lego and modulex?

Ratio. LEGO bricks have a 6.5:5 width/length ratio, while Modulex is a cube with a 5:5 width/length ratio. This is done for ease of building to a scale.

AWESOME castle 'Polish Guy' - fantastic detail to such a small scale MOC - great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Ah thanks for that Siegfried thats pretty cool. Though I think if you were worried about scale wouldn't you choose another building material like wood?

Terrific job on the castle! You certainly do have a large collection of Modulex to be able to make this MOC! I like the trees and the detail you put into the baseplate. What color do you own the most of? What is next in your imagination?

I am planning on coming to Brickworld next year, so I hope we will meet up!

Karyn

To begin with, Modulex was made by TLG in the late 60's early 70's, they then focused on planning boards and letter tiles, and today, architectural signage.

That is the super short history of Modulex.

Very old, and Very rare today.

I never found out, What on earth is Modulex anyway? :sceptic:

Its tiny LEGO. :wink:

What color do you own the most of? What is next in your imagination?

I am planning on coming to Brickworld next year, so I hope we will meet up!

Karyn

The color I have the most of is Tan, then white, and the rest.

Brickworld: I'll be there, see you there. :wink:

This is a older photo of part of my collection since this I have added about 15,000 bricks and such to it. :wacko:

P1060135.jpg

and for those wondering on how big these are to LEGO, here you go:

LEGO 3003 brick on the left. Modulex on the right. :laugh:

P1060149.jpg

Edited by Polish Guy

It looks to me like you have both some Mx Ochre and some Mx lemon (or maybe light yellow) yellow bricks. I'd like to get a few more of the ochre. What would you like to trade for? Is there a way to message/email?

Karyn

It looks to me like you have both some Mx Ochre and some Mx lemon (or maybe light yellow) yellow bricks. I'd like to get a few more of the ochre. What would you like to trade for? Is there a way to message/email?

Karyn

I have some of both color, problem is, I do not trade...well, I'm stubborn as a mule when it comes to parting with LEGO. :wacko:

About messaging, you need 10 forum posts to be able to send private messages to other members, its under your profile tools to send messages.

To see this in real life just blew my mind Polish Guy! It was cool to hang out at Brickworld and for you to contribute the sweet blacksmith for our Western display.

Modulex On!

I have some of both color, problem is, I do not trade...well, I'm stubborn as a mule when it comes to parting with LEGO. :wacko:

I know what you mean about parting with Lego... and especially Modulex. I guess I thought I saw somewhere on your profile that you were interested in trading/acquiring more Modulex. Must have been someone else :)

And, I think this makes #10 for me, so hopefully now the messaging will kick in!

What is your next Modulex project?

Karyn

To see this in real life just blew my mind Polish Guy! It was cool to hang out at Brickworld and for you to contribute the sweet blacksmith for our Western display.

Modulex On!

Twas a great time at Brickworld! Till next time! :thumbup:

trading/acquiring more Modulex. Must have been someone else :)

What is your next Modulex project?

Karyn

It was me... I just had "Interest in buying" Modulex.

As for what is next... I dont know, must acquire MORE!!! :laugh:

Nice MOC, Polish Guy! :thumbup: How did you make the angled walls? Is that same technique possible with modern LEGO bricks?

-Toa Of Justice

It's easier with modern LEGO bricks.

In fact, the really impressive part of the Modulex MOCs is the fact they pretty much only have basic brick shapes, it's much more limiting and, to me, requires a lot more creativity.

From the looks of it, that angled wall is simply resting there and not being "held" by anything, but Polish Guy can correct me if I'm wrong.

It's easier with modern LEGO bricks.

In fact, the really impressive part of the Modulex MOCs is the fact they pretty much only have basic brick shapes, it's much more limiting and, to me, requires a lot more creativity.

From the looks of it, that angled wall is simply resting there and not being "held" by anything, but Polish Guy can correct me if I'm wrong.

The angled wall are held on by 1x1 bricks in the middle of the wall attached on an angle, and two Modulex tiles on either side connected in the towers. tricky building, but it works. :laugh:

Really nice work Polish Guy, what a neat castle! Modulex fascinates me; I've never seen a brick of it before in my life, but all the pictures look very interesting. I would find it strange building at such a different scale, you've done an admirable job here. :thumbup: Lovely design, very well done.

Very interessting! Thanks for sharing!

I dont think I´ve ever seen a Modulex MOC before. -Although I did play with a friends Modulex when I was a child. (In the 70'ies)