28 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

INDEXED

Here is my quick review of #7566 Farmer. I don't buy farm theme sets, but for $5, I couldn't resist.

I believe that this is the cheapest way to get a pig.

Onto the pictures!

Box shots - front, back & side:

4896716231_c9a0df8e41_z.jpg

Parts inventory:

4897310552_b30c9bb8ea.jpg

Farmer minifig - front & back.:

4897309652_843f2fb100.jpg

Farmer's cap is not the usual straight cap. A Ferrari F1 racing team truck driver poses for comparison =)

4896714969_0b8eb6d07e_z.jpg

Completed set... with a special guest. I wonder why the guest is smiling and has his bow out, hehe.

4896717883_6eba4a9c22_z.jpg

I noticed that the farmer's smile on the box front is different than the actual minifig.

4897313376_44f25f2319.jpg

Ratings Summary

Playability: 3/5 - Good for City collectors with a farm. The red sloped roof could be very useful for MOC'ers.

Design: 3/5 - A very basic set with 2 animals.

Price: 5/5 - Impulse sets are always priced to be instant purchases.

Overall: 4/5 - A good impulse set if you're looking to get a pig, dog, & minifig at a low price point.

Thanks for the review 'dingmh' - you're right about the head piece smiling, the one on the front of the box must have been a first draft eh ?

How do you rate it - like design, parts, playability, value for money and overall ?

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Wish I could find the b***dy thing!! :angry:

I've not been able to find this set & the 2 Kingdoms impulse sets anywhere in the UK (aside from Lego.com, which with added postage makes them quite expensive!)

Don't know why they're so hard to find in the UK, but they are!! :devil:

Thanks for this review! I was reading this earlier today and decided that I'd waited long enough to pick up this set, so I went out and bought it.

In my opinion, this is one of the best impulse sets yet. The pig is the obvious draw and practically worth the price of admission, so the minifigure, dog, and feeding area are a bonus! Compared to another impulse such as the Manta Warrior, the 7566 Farmer seems like great value.

Lego needs to produce more of these sets. And thx for the review.

I bought this set, only because of the pig. And real life pigs don't smell 'nice' :sick: .

Nice review! :thumbup: Everything looks nice except for one thing, the cap design. I just don't like it, and compared to the usual cap design, the older one looks much better, in my opinion. I want to get this set just for the pigs, so I can start a colonial farm MOC.

Thanks for the review! :sweet:

-

General Redwater

Edited by General Redwater

In the catalog it says this set is "Hard to find" so what stores is it available in? where did you find this one? I've checked Target, Walmart, Zellers, and Toys R us and no luck :sad:

Great review, dingmh. Your pictures are quite nice. :thumbup:

Even though I don't collect Town sets, I might have to buy this. It seems like a great value, especially with the pig. I wasn't aware that there's a new type of hat, so thanks for pointing that out. I find it odd the farmer's smile isn't correct on the box, since Lego doesn't tend to make that many mistakes with the box art. The catalogs are another story. :laugh:

Thanks for the review!

In the catalog it says this set is "Hard to find" so what stores is it available in? where did you find this one? I've checked Target, Walmart, Zellers, and Toys R us and no luck :sad:

I bought it at the Lego store in Calgary. When Lego lists something as "hard to find", I'm pretty sure it means that the item will not be sold in other retail outlets other than an official Lego store. Remember that you can order sets from at a Lego store, and they will ship it to your house free of charge.

At the Calgary Lego store, here's what I can remember off the top of my head that they had in stock that I have not seen in other retailers.

1) Shuttle Adventure - #10213

2) Medieval Market Village - #10193

3) Imperial Flagship - #10210

4) Level Crossing - #7936

5) Train Station - #7937

6) Passenger Train - #7938

7) Cargo Train - #7939

8) Public Transport Station - #8404

9) Fire Brigade - #10197

10) Emerald Night - #10194

Now here are some pics of the Calgary Lego store. Small PAB container is $10.99, and large PAB container is $19.99.

I recommend all Lego lovers to make the trip out to my neck of the woods!

4906892580_46908bb8e4.jpg

4906536335_f22778c086.jpg

4906886142_dbcd91caa7.jpg

4906300103_cf3667a454.jpg

4906535943_004192baa4.jpg

Great review, dingmh. Your pictures are quite nice. :thumbup:

Thanks for the props. I wanted to test out the iPhone 4's camera. I'm glad you like them.

Edited by dingmh

Toys 'R' Us is where I found mine, though they haven't kept it on the shelves very long. I just ordered one for my girlfriend from Shop at Home, which is probably your best bet (can any of the Farm stuff be found in any brick and mortar stores in North America besides TRU and LEGO Stores?).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

No kidding in the UK! I've NEVER seen one!

I went to Walmart yesterday and found these, bought a couple, but they had @ least 30 of them, plus @ least that many of the jester and the wizard impulse :thumbup:

I went to Walmart yesterday and found these, bought a couple, but they had @ least 30 of them, plus @ least that many of the jester and the wizard impulse :thumbup:

I checked out a Walmart last night and did indeed find the farmer, wizard & jester set as well. So I guess they're not available at the Lego shop only.

Farmer's cap is not the usual straight cap. A Ferrari F1 racing team truck driver poses for comparison...

I noticed that the farmer's smile on the box front is different than the actual minifig.

I love the fact that the brim of his hat is more curved than the usual hat brim. Someone at TLG has evidently worked on a real farm at some point. I did most of my growing up on a farm, and whenever someone would get a new hat the first thing they would do was to give the brim a serious curve, on the theory that it shaded more of your face. It's this kind of attention to tiny details that makes LEGO so awesome.

Did you notice that fig on the box also has the old style hat?

I love the fact that the brim of his hat is more curved than the usual hat brim.

It is just the new mold and isn't specifically for this set. It is replacing the 'straight' cap, albeit slowly in some colors as TLG is using up inventory.

It is just the new mold and isn't specifically for this set. It is replacing the 'straight' cap, albeit slowly in some colors as TLG is using up inventory.

Just to add to the confusion further, the caps on the series 3 collectable rapper & baseball player have yet another new cap design

this set is fantastic especially since they recently sold it as cheap as € 1,35 here in Germany. So I got all those pigs without having to buy yet another tractor. Now they are selling it at € 1,50 at Mueller's but that's still an incredible price, given that some people are trying to sell the pigs for € 5,00 on ebay.

Nice set I just also got it for the pig wish there where two pigs instead of the dog.

NOOOO INDIAN DON'T HURT THE PIG!!!!

Now that that's over, great review. I somehow have 2 pigs without even getting this set.... *huh*