Sign in to follow this  
HJR-Holland

MOC: AT-AR

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello folks,

I've never posted a MOC on Eurobricks before, but having lerned some skills of Photoshop, and having created a new Flickr account, time has come for me to show a MOC of mine.

I herewith present you my version of the AT-AR (All Terrain Advance Raider), from the Marvel comics of the early eighties:

4889729777_0beb37f3cd.jpg

4890309934_e1694d0fff.jpg

And this is a page from the 'original' comic:

4889729855_7f9f4d9f43.jpg

More pictures can be found here, on my Flickr account.

AWESOME MOC 'HJR' wonderfully detailed walker - perfect legs so simple yet strong enough to stand on it's own ! :vader:

Great work and I'm a conformist! 'HJR' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This is amazing! Is it fully playable? The legs look kind of fragile to me.

Edited by Corydoras

Wow, that looks perfect according to the source material. Nice work, especially on the under-cockpit details / shaping.

I don't personally like the foot connection... (looks too thin at that point) but that is the way it is on the source.

Wow nice looking walker! Sort of looks like an AT-PT, but at the same time looks like that AT-ST that we got in the battle of Endor set.

Hello!

I am a great fan of the "Classic Star Wars" comic series which is one of the best in my eyes. I instantly recognized the name in the topic title and hoped it would be this huge walker from the comic. An excellent representation providing the perfect spirit of the comic story. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Great MOC HJR, this is the first time I've seen this walker and you really did a good job capturing the overall look of the real thing (based on the ref. pic). Nice photoshopping skills too - very clean looking presentation. :thumbup:

This is a very nice build, very accurate to the comic! I really like the legs and front screen. I was wondering if you had any pics of the interior you could show us?

Great work! Very close to the original pics and it looks cool too.

This is something 'd like in my collection.

I like it. :thumbup: The UCS TIE hatch parabola piece adds the perfect amount of detail. The only thing I don't really like is how the legs are connected off to the side of the foot pads.

Hey folks, thanks for the great feedback!

Tha plans of building this have been there for a long time really (as with so many projects I'm afraid...). Next to the last version of LEGO's AT-ST, it's exactly 50% higher when its legs are on their highest, just like the 'real' ones (AT-ST 8m, AT-AR 12m)

Let me come back to a few questions:

Q: Is it sturdy?

A: Yes it is! I used 2x3 wedge plates instead of 2x4 ones, but the latter are absolutely better. It will also walk better on tree logs than an AT-ST... :wink:

Q: Is it fully playable?

A: I don't play with my LEGO, so I couldn't tell. The head spins around, the cockpit opens and it has multiple joints which can put it in several positions, and a 'secret' compartment holding blasters...

Q: The legs are too thin!

A: Yes. Tried bricks with hinges as with the 'old' AT-ST, but frankly, the AT-AR looks better having Kate Moss legs rather than Oprah's really :wink:

R: I recognized it!

A: That's friggin cool! Star Wars fans aplenty, but you have to dig deep in order to find the true EU vehicle fans. :sweet:

R: It's the first time I see one!

A: Well, there are a few more LEGO versions online really; it's not that unique. It's time Hasbro made a playable version out of it though, it's really a looker IMHO...

Q: Do you have pics of the inside?

A: Yes, but not online yet; it has an interior carrying two Stormtroopers, and below the belly there's a storage room for guns and binoculars...

R: The feet are great!

A: Thank the LEGO designer of the AT-AP for those :sweet:

I still have to fork out some glitches with Photoshop, and then I'll have some interior shots as well :sweet:

I think it looks alot like the iamge you supplied.

Nice job, I can't wait to see interior pics.

Looks awesome and you've captured the whole look based off of the comic book reference. Just excellent.

Any more pics of interior or other details?