Santhor

10199 Winter Toy Shop

Hi, I recently found out that I had more money to spend on Legos than I thought, so I decided to buy the Winter Toy Shop from last year. But Shop@Home (in the U.S.) didn't have it, and there were none on Bricklink that I could afford, the same with Amazon and Ebay. Does anyone know where I can get one priced at no more than $80 USD? Thanks in advance.

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

Hi, I recently found out that I had more money to spend on Legos than I thought, so I decided to buy the Winter Toy Shop from last year. But Shop@Home (in the U.S.) didn't have it, and there were none on Bricklink that I could afford, the same with Amazon and Ebay. Does anyone know where I can get one priced at no more than $80 USD? Thanks in advance.

-Santhor

If I knew, I wouldn't tell you :)

I am afraid It is the sort of set that is only going to raise in price. Plus only really good fans of LEGO would get it in the first place so it is unlikely to find a guy selling it for cheap out of ignorance like it may happen with other sets.

on toysnbricks someone said that lego's costemer service had eight left for sale! so you should try to call them, i would but i can't afford them right now.

Funny that it's no longer available in US when Shop@Home in Europe still has it.

80$ with or without shipping fees? Maybe some european member could buy it and then send it to you? I probably could, especially since I could probably buy it for less than 50€ but shipping would be around 20 or 25€.

on toysnbricks someone said that lego's costemer service had eight left for sale! so you should try to call them, i would but i can't afford them right now.

that's a fake post (a fake post on the interweb? no way! :lol:)... S@H by phone was closed down. besides, target, walmart and TRU sell the set online but sold out very quickly due to scalpers. i wouldn't be surprise if that post was by a scalper.

both target and walmart listed this set as "NEW". if it were discontinued, why both retailers would make that mistake. one i can understand, but both? also, target doesn't let you sign up for notification for discontinued set. case in point: green grocer. this set came up briefly on target.com in june, and you can't sign up for notification anymore.

seriously, this set should be restocked frequently leading up to thanksgiving. after that, it's anybody's call really. if i were you, i would try to get one between now and nov.

ignore the scalpers.

80$ with or without shipping fees? Maybe some european member could buy it and then send it to you? I probably could, especially since I could probably buy it for less than 50€ but shipping would be around 20 or 25€.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll have to look into your idea, but I don't want to spend more than $80 for the actual set. Like said though, I'll think about your idea of buying it then shipping it to me.

EDIT: I looked on Shop@Home for several different European countries, but all of them had it at a higher price, from 60 euros to 70, but in the U.S, it was only $60 (about 47 euros).

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll have to look into your idea, but I don't want to spend more than $80 for the actual set. Like said though, I'll think about your idea of buying it then shipping it to me.

EDIT: I looked on Shop@Home for several different European countries, but all of them had it at a higher price, from 60 euros to 70, but in the U.S, it was only $60 (about 47 euros).

-Santhor

Yeah, it actually costs around 70€ in shops here in France. But I'm member of a club that allows me to buy some sets with lower prices. 10199 would be 48€ if I remember well. Though, I believe it would be more than 80$ with shipping fees.

FWIW, it's still available in Australian S@H, at its usual price of $109 AUD.

Maximum 5 per buyer.

Thanks everyone, and I will just wait until November to try and get one. Thanks for the offer, Tiammath.

-Santhor

Thanks everyone, and I will just wait until November to try and get one. Thanks for the offer, Tiammath.

-Santhor

You're welcome. :classic:

-Santhor

I just bought one earlier this week from Walmart.com. They were the regular price ($59.99). They have sold out already but have it listed as "new" so I'm thinking more will be coming. Target also had them, again out of stock. I signed up to be notified when restocked. I recieved notice last Sunday but by the time I tried to place my order they were sold out again. Keep looking, I'm sure both will be restocked soon, though I don't know where the supply is coming from.

Thanks, I checked those places too, to no avail. I even E-mailed Lego customer service (or whatever) and they said something like: "We're not making those anymore, sorry...sets get old...replace them with new ones..."yadda yadda yadda. I found that odd, seeing as the Winter Toy shop just came out December 2009. I'll keep checking though.

EDIT: Was this Wal-Mart in the U.S?

By the way, I see you're new here. welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay!

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

both target and walmart listed this set as "NEW". if it were discontinued, why both retailers would make that mistake. one i can understand, but both? also, target doesn't let you sign up for notification for discontinued set. case in point: green grocer. this set came up briefly on target.com in june, and you can't sign up for notification anymore.

I have a very good feeling it will be released again. If I'm not mistaken, I think the same thing happened with the Holiday Train a few years ago- it was available for the last couple months a year and then it went away to be sold again the next year.

Considering Walmart and Target I'm sure we will see it again, as it seems to coincidental for two major retailers to accidentally enter an item into their system after it's been discontinued. :wink:

Just wait it out. :classic:

I have a very good feeling it will be released again. If I'm not mistaken, I think the same thing happened with the Holiday Train a few years ago- it was available for the last couple months a year and then it went away to be sold again the next year.

Considering Walmart and Target I'm sure we will see it again, as it seems to coincidental for two major retailers to accidentally enter an item into their system after it's been discontinued. :wink:

Just wait it out. :classic:

Thanks DarthPerson, that was my thought (it's probably going to be re-released), especially since it'd be odd to have the second set of the sub-series (try saying that three times fast) without the first to compliment it, if you know what I mean.

-Santhor

Thanks, I checked those places too, to no avail. I even E-mailed Lego customer service (or whatever) and they said something like: "We're not making those anymore, sorry...sets get old...replace them with new ones..."yadda yadda yadda. I found that odd, seeing as the Winter Toy shop just came out December 2009. I'll keep checking though.

EDIT: Was this Wal-Mart in the U.S?

By the way, I see you're new here. welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay!

-Santhor

Yes, it was Walmart and Target in the States, online only for both. I live in Canada but get a friend in Florida to purchase things for me that I can't get here (or are insanely overpriced.. as they often are). Good luck with your hunt. I'm sure it was one or two people who bought large quantities of the toy shop on Target for it to sell out so quickly, less than 15 minutes after I received the email. Too bad they don't limit these things. Thank you for the welcome, impressed with the wealth of information and enthusiasm! I've rediscovered Lego through my girls, now I'm addicted!

hey

i dont know how the situation in the us is, but here, in germany, ure able to order it directly from lego's shop at home. i just ordered one last week. its limited for 5 units/customer.

hey

i dont know how the situation in the us is, but here, in germany, ure able to order it directly from lego's shop at home. i just ordered one last week. its limited for 5 units/customer.

Here in the U.S, you can't buy the Winter Toy Shop from Shop@Home, Walmart.com, Toysrus.com, or Target.com.

By the way, thanks everyone for all the help, I just don't spend that much on Legos yearly, so I don't want to go paying double price for a set if I can wait two weeks to have it at normal price.

-Santhor

I'm in the same boat as you Santhor. I really wasn't into City last year but REALLY want this thing now (esp with the Bakery looming), and the last thing I want to have to do is go to the secondary market and pay above list prices. The fact that TLC has said "no, never, never" to you is not encouraging, but I'm still holding out hope that Target TRU, or (gulp) even WalMart will save the day.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Here in the U.S, you can't buy the Winter Toy Shop from Shop@Home, Walmart.com, Toysrus.com, or Target.com.

By the way, thanks everyone for all the help, I just don't spend that much on Legos yearly, so I don't want to go paying double price for a set if I can wait two weeks to have it at normal price.

-Santhor

Santhor,

Hope you check the forum often because Amazon.com in the States just listed the Winter Toy Shop at the regular price... $59.99 plus it ships free. Hope you can get one before they sell out.

Computershopper

Santhor,

Hope you check the forum often because Amazon.com in the States just listed the Winter Toy Shop at the regular price... $59.99 plus it ships free. Hope you can get one before they sell out.

Computershopper

Looks like it's sold out again...missed it yet again.

Looks like it's sold out again...missed it yet again.

Ditto. I can't believe a set at normal price sold out in half an hour. At this point, Lego would have to be crazy to not re-release it, what with how well it's selling.

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

Ditto. I can't believe a set at normal price sold out in half an hour. At this point, Lego would have to be crazy to not re-release it, what with how well it's selling.

-Santhor

I managed to snag it the third time around today (it's been available at least 3 times in the past 8 hours). I'd recommend just refreshing every so often ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ACUC0O/sr=1-1/qid=1281972860/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1281972860&sr=1-1&seller= ). $59.99

Edited by Edmond Dantes