Vindicare

What do you do?

We all have 'em...but what does everyone do with them? Those extra bits 'n pieces that's left behind.... Since I'm not a MOC'er, I just throw mine away because I have no use for them.

Throwing them away is not a clever thing to do. Store them up incase of missing parts in new sets, to add a little extra flourish to a plain set or just to make a little treasure trove using trans colour 1x1 rounds.

I save them, I MOC a lot.

We all have 'em...but what does everyone do with them? Those extra bits 'n pieces that's left behind.... Since I'm not a MOC'er, I just throw mine away because I have no use for them.

i save them with the rest of my parts - at the time i have about 40 sets that's not assembled, so i have a lot of parts.

also i'm on the way out of my dark ages, and it's my plan to start moc'in as soon as possible (i'm currently renovating my 2nd floor in the house, so i don't have the time - or room for it right now)

regardless if you're a moc'er or not, i think its stupid to throw the spareparts away, you may gonna need them sometime...

Since I'm not a MOC'er, I just throw mine away because I have no use for them.

There are many people who would love to get ahold of some extra little pieces, especially cheese slopes. If anything, save them in a ziplock and put them with the rest of your collection. You never know when you might need/want them and you might kick yourself later for throwing them out.

You can always throw them in my mailbox! :)

You throw them away?! :sing:*oh2*:wacko::cry_sad:*huh* I'm astounded! Those things can always be useful.

Heck, even if you never build anything of your own design but simply stick to the official models, you could always lose a piece and need a replacement (that's partly what they're there for, after all!).

Mine just get assimilated by the sorted parts bins.

I love extras I guess that's also the reason I love buying used pieces in random bulk rather than in complete sets, because it is guilt-less MoCing. To me it is VERY, and I mean VERY hard to destroy a set unless I hated it but it is also very hard for me to hate a set, so any opportunity to get pieces that do not have to be in a set is something I enjoy.

I consider extra pieces as a part of the set.

So I store these pieces in separated sachets labeled with set's number and name, or I use that to enrich the set itself.

Don't you know it's a sin?

You're gonna burn in hell.

LOL asd.gif

I consider extra pieces as a part of the set.

So I store these pieces in separated sachets labeled with set's number and name, or I use that to enrich the set itself.

Same here. I put the extra pieces in ziplocks and write the number of the set they were orginially in on a white paper sticker and put it on them. I'm not a moccer either, but I'd never throw them away.

Edited by legotrainfan

I use mine to feed the forum troll :wink:

You rang?

I add mine into my 'sorted' parts containers.

Unless I'm feeling particularly lazy, in which case they get put into the UNsorted box.

pfft. throw them away? are you nucking futs? :wacko:

I will keep them and sure u need it one day to MOD or MOC or to replace any damage or missing part. :sweet: I will not sleep well at night if i happen to lost any of it. :tongue:*oh2*

obvious_trollp2e.jpg

I have a feeling that this post is just to stir up disputes on the board.

It does not sound true to me. Thus my assumption of Interweb troll. :hmpf_bad:

I think almost all of us thought that there was at least a bit of trolling in the firs post of this topic! :wink:

But the question is interesting, anyway.

So.. let's forget the trolling (that brings a little fun!) and let's say what's the fate of our extra pieces!

I hope the first post was a Troll. If not, it makes me real sad. :hmpf_bad:

As for what I do with mine, we dump ours into the "let's have fun" box. Then we try and make things from the various extras built up over the sets we have bought.

We have made lots of little robots, micro cars, and other such fun. :laugh:

I put them together with my other loose bricks. I say, the more cheese slopes the better!

I use mine to feed the forum troll :wink:

Yup and it's time we stopped feeding them :laugh:

End of story.