Dr Rod

Death's Breath

Hi All,

Thought I might start a thread about my pirate ship MOC, "Death's Breath" (named after my ancient cat :))

Was made hastily for the SydLUG display at BrickExpo held last weekend in Canberra, Australia. Interior is not yet completed but will be in a couple of weeks.

The island in the background on the left is also mine and you can see Captain Zuloo's Grandeur there as well (plus an imperial flagship, Brickbeard's bounty and Black Seas Barracudda). The fort is by another SydLUG member (shnake1973 on flickr) and water by Robb from SydLUG.

Check my Flickr page for photos of the event: http://www.flickr.com/photos/intrastella/

Dr Rod aka Intrastella

post-9252-128150200149.jpg

Edited by Dr Rod

That's a great-looking ship! I like the sails a lot. I found a better picture of the ship in your folder: Death's Breath Pirate Ship

Do you have any more pictures of the ship itself, so that we could see it in more detail?

Anyway, this MOC deserves to be frontpaged on Classic-Pirates.com, expect it there soon!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Edited by Dreamweb

How beautiful. The ship looks terrific. The strip of red around looks nice and the sails are excellent.

The display is brilliant as well :pir-classic:

That sjip looks briliant, it looks like it is lining up to bring death on the imperial flagship. :pirate_skel1:

Out of interest, what event is this?

Was made hastily for the SydLUG display at BrickExpo held last weekend in Canberra, Australia.

Out of interest, what event is this?

Just a wild guess, BrickExpo in Canberra, Australia.pirate_tong.gif

Now for the ship, it looks great. I like the usage of the log-bricks on the tumble home. The sails are also really nice.

Nice!

The captain's cabin seems a bit high though.

Overall I like the color scheme, the sails and curved shape.

The name sounds nice and menacing too!

Awesome ship! Hope you finish the interiors soon :-)

P.S.: Can you pls add more photos of the front and the deck? Thanks,

This thread is over a year old, talking to the thread starter like this was posted yesterday likely isn't going to result in anything, a lot of times people don't keep their MOC's built for very long.

This thread is over a year old, talking to the thread starter like this was posted yesterday likely isn't going to result in anything, a lot of times people don't keep their MOC's built for very long.

Death's Breath is still intact but has been boxed away. Too many other things been built in the last year. Some day she will get completed, probably within the next year.

Oleg,

Dr Rod

Nicely done, very interesting that there's no poop deck (deck on top of the cabin). I like those sails, keep it up :pir-classic: