An example (probably the only one I can think of at the moment) would be the skeleton with the motorcycle. Originally it had a black helmet, which was later removed (page 28). The armour colour also changed to red, I think. That image looked pretty final, but then on the next page the box shows the original skeleton with helmet. I know the first time was a preliminary image, but still...

About the new sets, the small impulse-sized set is rather nice if you want to collect multiple ninjas, which I now plan on doing. It's a bit more practical than buying multiple individual ninjas or the other sets. The arena set isn't too special, though I like the left part which might go well with the dojo set.

Well, you have to keep in mind that a finalized pic doesn't necessarily reflect the set perfectly. Mistakes are often made even with finalized pics, particularly the out-of-box photographs. I'd recommend making judgments based on the box art, at least until reviews crop up that confirm what accessories the sets will come with.

Yes, you are probably right. The only problem which could stop me from doing this is the rest of the unwanted elements which are packaged altogether like those spinners, cards, etc, that is of no complete use to me, could easily drive the price upwards making it even harder for me to get the desired minifigs in decent quantities. I am only interested in their new weapons and the Ninja minifigs, not so sure about those skeleton counterparts though. :sceptic:

The only sets which seem "unreasonably" priced are the individual minifig/card/top packs and the "Spinjitzu Starter Set" which is basically the same but with twice as many minifigs/cards/tops.

Meanwhile, for me some of the skeleton parts are the main draw, particularly the "boots" and arms. The arms basically solve the problem we've had since the start of Fantasy Era with skeleton arms being too long, and IMO might even be preferable to the original skeleton arms that wobbled around. The boots are basically just a blend of regular skeleton legs with regular minifigure legs-- a brilliant design that will certainly have plenty of applications. Even the torsos are OK-- while I'm not sure how I like the increased detail, they still for the most part fulfill the key requirement of skeleton torsos, that being to "fit inside" a regular minifigure in terms of size. The part I don't like is the pelvis area, which is not only printed but is also stylistically at odds with the rest of the design... far too rounded IMO. Still, that doesn't stop me using the new skeleton arms and legs on Fantasy Era torsos, especially since there would seem to be two varieties of arms (one with the hand clip parallel to the shoulder clip and one with it perpendicular).

Even for non-fantasy applications where you don't want "living" skeletons, it never hurts to have some boots or other accessories to add some variety to your dead folks.

Does anyone know whatever happened to this set?

CLICK

I haven't seen any pictures or heard about it for a while. I hope that LEGO didn't get rid of it. It was one of my favorites. :cry_sad:

It looks pretty neat. I think it might be a promo set. I hope it will be easily obtainable since it is the cheapest way of getting a red ninja along with those new "knuckle" pieces as SpiderSpaceman calls them.

New knuckles? *huh*

Well, you have to keep in mind that a finalized pic doesn't necessarily reflect the set perfectly. Mistakes are often made even with finalized pics, particularly the out-of-box photographs. I'd recommend making judgments based on the box art, at least until reviews crop up that confirm what accessories the sets will come with.

Yeah, good point. I don't mind too much either way, it's just a bit confusing.

Does anyone know whatever happened to this set?

CLICK

I haven't seen any pictures or heard about it for a while. I hope that LEGO didn't get rid of it. It was one of my favorites. :cry_sad:

I don't know either. It seems that it might have been cancelled. I'm now interested in this set because it would probably work well with the dojo set, and also includes multiple wooden dummies (tan skeletons?).

New knuckles? *huh*

Like SpiderSpaceman said, look at the piece that's behind/above the red round 2x2 tile in front of this sub; it's like a double hinge.

I enjoyed the Classic Ninja line, and I had high hopes on this line... but I don't know. They seem really weird. I can't exactly put my finger on it. The only sets I'd consider getting would be the White Dragon set and the smaller single ninja sets.

I think that these sets are almost useless, they are way to over-sized and ugly :thumbdown:. If I do pick some of them up it will be for the figs only.

I think that these sets are almost useless, they are way to over-sized and ugly :thumbdown:. If I do pick some of them up it will be for the figs only.

What is "oversized" supposed to mean? They're no different than the sizes of sets in other themes. And there are several quite beautiful small sets: Ninja Ambush, Ninja Training, and the recently-discovered Drago Fight.

Perhaps you meant to say overpriced? I agree that the individual tops and starter set are all overpriced, even if there is a logical reason. I can't see much merit in getting one for the actual pieces unless they're not available in any of the larger sets. The larger sets, though, all seem to have reasonable prices.

Like SpiderSpaceman said, look at the piece that's behind/above the red round 2x2 tile in front of this sub; it's like a double hinge.

oh wow thats interesting, thanks for the clarification

Hi all. I'm new here. Just wanted to add my two cents and say that I love this Ninja Go! theme. I'm not necessarily interested in the game aspect, but have to praise LEGO for making such a fun, whacky theme with great model capabilities. Ninjas + Skeletons + Dragons + Motorcyles...I mean, it's great! Really looking forward to it.

I didn't like these sets at first glance, they seemed too cheesy and kiddy for me. Which is fine, seeing as how they're toys for kids, this just happens to not be one of those themes that appeals to the younger and older crowd simultaneously. However, if you think about it in non-lego terms...

A group of ninjas with elemental powers living in a dojo with their wise master do battle with undead skeleton warriors that drive huge bone-themed vehicles. This whole theme is an action cartoon from the nineties. As soon as I realized that I appreciated it much more. I just can't decide if having a few weird looking skeletons in my undead army is worth buying the sets.

the only thing i was interested in this theme was the black helmet, now i will completely ignore this ninja crap.

I didn't like these sets at first glance, they seemed too cheesy and kiddy for me. Which is fine, seeing as how they're toys for kids, this just happens to not be one of those themes that appeals to the younger and older crowd simultaneously. However, if you think about it in non-lego terms...

A group of ninjas with elemental powers living in a dojo with their wise master do battle with undead skeleton warriors that drive huge bone-themed vehicles. This whole theme is an action cartoon from the nineties. As soon as I realized that I appreciated it much more. I just can't decide if having a few weird looking skeletons in my undead army is worth buying the sets.

The fact that the skeleton arms and legs are still interchangeable with the older-style torsos means your undead armies don't have to be "weird-looking"-- just throw some boots on a couple of the skeletons you already own for variety's sake!

I'm still oh-so-hyped about the skeletons. I wish there were some reviews out so I could tell how they are in actuality. The arms are the parts that most excite me, since they work so much better than Fantasy-Era arms-- they've got plenty of connection points, a consistent aesthetic with LEGO skeletons whether from Fantasy-Era or NinjaGo, and overall proportions that are more consistent with actual minifig arms than the battle droid arms that were used previously. This is kind of odd since I can't really foresee using skeletons in many MOCs of mine-- I'm not much of a fantasy builder at all. But I have a profound respect for minifigures and all their variations, as well as the animals that go with them.

Some people have speculated that the new boots may also be used with figs in the Pirates of the Caribbean theme we're apparently going to get. If so, that's great, and I wonder what else we might get with that theme-- a skeleton monkey that's consistent with the aesthetic of LEGO skeletons would be amazing, and it would become so much more possible with these new arms.

Edited by Aanchir

You know these kind of remind me of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons :laugh:

By that logic the samurai warrior in the fortress set is Shredder

shredder_02.jpg

I don't think there's all that much to complain about with these; they are an excellent source of unique parts and weapons, and of course with a little modding one could make a very "historic" ninja set, replacing the skeletons and their crazy tech with standard minifigs.

Something I notice about the prelims of the spinners: none of them are wearing their headgear, probably because they come that way out of the box, but I believe the headgear will be included anyways since the cards showcase it.

What is "oversized" supposed to mean? They're no different than the sizes of sets in other themes. And there are several quite beautiful small sets: Ninja Ambush, Ninja Training, and the recently-discovered Drago Fight.

Let me rephrase my opinion a bit, I think that the sets don't match the figs and that the big attack machines, like the one below, have been given to much of a Mars Mission twist. Just look at it, does that resemble something Ninja like to you?

2263-1.jpg

2259-1.jpg

The one above is just crazy looking, Ninjas don't fight skeletons on motorcycles! I just feel that the Lego Company could have made the theme/game a little more historical accurate. Rather than having a bike they could have had a battle cart etc.

Perhaps you meant to say overpriced?

That too.

Edited by Ratshot

Ninjas don't fight skeletons on motorcycles!

That too.

Miners don't fight rock monsters

Divers don't fight a animal shaped atlantis warriors

And Wikings don't have horns.

It's Lego man, why so serious? I think the idea is wacky and it greatly fits Lego.

Ninjas in crazy awesome anime do. Jus' saying.

It is running on rule of cool, not historical accuracy. Kids are going to eat this stuff up.

The one above is just crazy looking, Ninjas don't fight skeletons on motorcycles! I just feel that the Lego Company could have made the theme/game a little more historical accurate. Rather than having a bike they could have had a battle cart etc.

Thats exactly why I find it so apealing. Finally a non conformist line that breaks the rules of traditional toy lines. Okay, slight exageration but you get the point.