Hey guys is it me or does that female minifigure have a classic face on in This Picture default_classic.gif

These are, again, preliminary pictures. So many things in the pics are not finalized, and the sets and figs can change a great deal before release.

I have to say after seeing the pics that this theme certainly didn't turn out to be what I expected. I love the imagination put into the new 2011 themes - TLG is taking some chances, finally!

This theme looks better than i expected. I really do like the skeleton helmet and the bone piece. It will be nice to have some ninja sets since I missed the theme when it came out. In the dragon set why is the skeleton wearing a jester hat?

LegoGalactus

aw those tops aren't offensive at all. and the theme looks quite decent imo

EDIT:

ok the dragon head is very bad. other than that, it's all ok by me

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

aw those tops aren't offensive at all. and the theme looks quite decent imo

EDIT:

ok the dragon head is very bad. other than that, it's all ok by me

The dragon's wings also look like they have some new piece-- like the large helicopter rotor piece, but flat. Maybe they are just the large rotor pieces, or maybe they're a new piece-- although if they were new you'd think their first appearance would be on an actual helicopter.

Also, the launcher in the dragon's mouth is a kind of a neat idea. Hard to tell from the picture whether it looks any good, but neither it nor the rest of the head bother me much in this picture.

This theme actually doesn't look too bad. I'm definitely going to pick up some of the smaller sets for the cool skeleton figures and the new weapons alone. I'm also liking the look of some of the forts... I might get those too (space and budget permitting) :classic:

Nausi sent the images over to me, I'm hosting them on Flickr for now. Get them while you can.

See the images of the 2011 NINJAGO line here:

On Flickr

Special thanks to Nausi who took pictures of the European retail catalog.

I'm gonna be all over these! :laugh:

Hey, if the small sets are impulse priced it would be awesome, each character comes with three weapons. The ninja weapons come in bronze and gold and the skeleton weapons are very interesting.

In TLG's defense, it seems to want to create hype as one of those silly games, but then it will also introduce the kids that get into those games to the larger sets and that's more like LEGO's territory.

I really dislike the skellie heads and the bent arms(hands facing to the sides???) but the rest of the new parts are pretty boss. That dragon head is the coolest dragon head I've seen since the classic dragon. The castle ones were too darn <insert that tiresome argument> and silly looking.

since lego discovered they can make cheap parts in China its all gone down the hill for me.

the parts are too specialized (and yes i believe parts can get too specialized) and the minifigs have turned out silly in almost every theme.

Ninjago is another theme for lego to show what they can design with less money and less imagination.

If they had more imagination they would have used the piece pallet they already have and not try to make such realistic parts.

I remember the time when just a brick could represent and mean so many different things but now everything has to be spelled out for kids today.

Maybe thats just where the company is going but im afraid om not going with it...thank god for lego exclusives!

Also the design of the buildings is a huge step back. they look like something that came out of lego dark times the late 90s!!

I am interested by the skeleton armour. The weapons are another bonus. Those sets look like nice parts packs too.

We were all decieved, by being shwon the worst set of the theme first. :laugh: Some of these new skellie guys look ridiculously awesome. I'm also spotting a bunch of pearl gold weapons in the individual figs. :thumbup:

The dojo is pretty cool-- love the white ninja-- but otherwise I don't think this is the theme for me. I was REALLY hoping for nunchaku, but ah well. Congrats to all the guys that are excited for these guys.

The dojo is pretty cool-- love the white ninja-- but otherwise I don't think this is the theme for me. I was REALLY hoping for nunchaku, but ah well. Congrats to all the guys that are excited for these guys.

Didn't you see? There are nunchaku. They're made from the new short chain piece (visible in the dojo in dark gray), but in gold, plus two handles which are either new pieces or the telescope piece from Pirates.

Didn't you see? There are nunchaku. They're made from the new short chain piece (visible in the dojo in dark gray), but in gold, plus two handles which are either new pieces or the telescope piece from Pirates.

Lightsaber hilts.

Although it's very strange it has great potential, and if not taken seriously as a set, then it is a great place for parts. Personally that bone piece is just calling out to me; same with the skeleton armor. :grin:

I will say that the skeleton with the huge molded spiny head does look really really weird; kind of a homage to bad anime movies I suppose

Could the booted skeleton legs possibly be 2 part? with the bone piece being a little bar and clip?

Also the colors are much more conservative than everyone was afraid of. I only count blue red white and black. You people got my hopes up for neon ninjas :tongue:

Lightsaber hilts.

In one picture they are. In another, they're a new piece: the one holding the gleaming gold atlantis tooth. As nunchucks . (i think.. in any case, that's a new piece on the scythe-y thing.)

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

They are telescope pieces, also the new short chains are quite neat!

Wow. This theme is a joke At least we get tan skeletons and multicoloured ninjas :sceptic:

I completely agree with you Prateek. I do not see where all the praise is coming from at all.

These sets look horrendous to me. The Ninja figures are not even so great because all they have is a stupid symbol on their torsos. The Skeletons' fortress looks like something out of a really bad '80s sci-fi movie, and that is not a good thing in my book. It has no style at all, and it looks like crap.

2504, the set that comes with a master looking guy on one of those spinning things, actually has a little bit of design, but it's just a wall. 2519 is equally bland and useless besides for the skeleton dummies.

And then there's that dragon, and the motorcycle set, and the fact that LEGO is marketing single figures with weapons on dumb, one-piece spinning things.

This set is total and utter crap to me.

Jesus, this is defo one of the lamest themes ever. :thumbdown:

I love ninjas and everything but this still sucks, look at the sets, cmon, are they for real ?

Forgive if these were posted before. Saw these on Flickr a little while ago from Tervlon's Photostream.

I think this will be big for the kid's and Afol's will dig the figs! Fun stuff!!! I'd pay to see Ninja's vs. Nazi Bikers: The Movie... :wink:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/PencillerZero/5014808060_779829cf49_b.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/PencillerZero/5014808186_d756ababfd_b.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/PencillerZero/5014201011_3f811718f6_b.jpg

Edited by Peppermint_M
Removing Confidential Images

Sorry if I missed this info but the indv. tops. Are they random or do we know what we are getting? I'd love to nab some ninjas but have absolutely no desire for these skellingtons (yes, skellingtons).