Grogalls Hi-res pics

b_2518_box_side_800.jpg

363784000A.jpg

363784000B.jpg

Board game.

3856-1.jpg

Some figure shots. Black gloves swapped.

post-1925-129278950488.jpg

Dramatis Personae

picD48D8C69254F823BFA3EFFCCE95A98CF.pngpic9A55DCA4AEB4504420A0CDE25B58B6EB.pngpicC246360F25AF133C96D1A3C95A928622.png

picD7F35C86F53626F9D7141FBEFA6F0B3A.pngpic2D1DEF384AAB49570555D0D9AFDE1230.png

A .flv file of the old guy dancing.

Evil background!

picE0782DDD28084E9FD596A4F4AACA6C83.pngpicDCD303C50F181FC220160387E5A95CF9.pngpic4428D7CCDB0F937DD61782417F72C5BB.png

pic788396E2FB6D76131EF9A5C4B341FD2F.pngpic6EA82E845D3417EC0C9499B32D76C3E9.pngpic6A92AB7C9BCA1437882AD60D26942813.png

Hello everybody! :classic:

Since I had the big luck to have a look in the retailer's catalogue today, I can confirm that there'll be a new theme called "NINJAGO".

I can't remember the seperate sets - but nevertheless an overview:

It is not a historical theme (like the Ninja theme one of 1999/2000).

It's some sort of mixture between card game and collectable minifigs.

If I remember right, every set contains one Ninja (there are even Ninja in violet and orange), some extra stuff and play cards.

I think there were about 9 til 18 small sets.

More I do regrettably no remember.

Let's discuss. :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

EDIT: More Pics

img_4087.jpg

Edited by Peppermint_M
Added loads of pics

I am interested to find out more about this theme. Judging from your observations, it seems rather different than the ones we are familiar with. Looks quite like modern ninja in some aspects.

Honestly said I must admit that I'm really glad that this theme isn't a historical theme. If it was a historical theme, I supposably wanted to get the sets - but I still don't know how to get all the money for some of next year's City sets, possibly some Kingdoms sets and some possible SW OT sets.

Oh NO! Not the deadly ORANGE NINJA!!

Honestly though, sound like fun. The only thing better than ninjas are collectible ninjas.

Well, since these sets are very small I bet they will be in a price range from 3 up to 5 Euros. So you can actually collect them, Mr. Elijah Timms.

I am interested to find out more about this theme. Judging from your observations, it seems rather different than the ones we are familiar with. Looks quite like modern ninja in some aspects.

The minifigs seem to be exactly the same like the ones from around 2000.

Klaus-Dieter

I wonder if their will be a ninja in pink? :laugh:

The type of style in the theme sounds interesting.

Was there any toy story in the catalouge.

Thanks,

LegoGalactus

Was there any toy story in the catalouge.

Thanks,

LegoGalactus

I can't remember some Toy Story sets. And PoP and Pirates of the Caribbean I don't remember to have seen, too. But I might even be wrong.

Klaus-Dieter

Wow this theme sounds very interesting, I think the name 'NinjaGo' sounds abit cheesy and Childish in my opinion

Edited by The Red Brick

It's some sort of mixture between card game and collectable minifigs.

A card game, huh? Interesting. Having taken on the boardgame market last year, now TLC is going to invade the Collectible Card Game (CCG) market?

I'm envisioning these things working like the Pokemon game, where the cards include stats that you can use to battle other ninjas.

Reminds me of the game that was included within the Adventurers: Orient Expedition theme. A couple of the big sets came with a modular board, and then there were cards to go with all of the characters and vehicles. It was a neat idea, but failed in the execution. The game was just boring.

Well, this certainly sounds strange. But since Atlantis will be continuing, and we now have World Racers, there isn't really any space for another proper Action theme I suppose, so this makes sense. I'm glad that color is the only change in the minifigs since that means that they wont be some crazy anime-style characters.

When you say "other stuff" do you mean like accessories or settings? Any new pieces you could make out?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Oh no. So these are in the style of collectible minifigs? That's not good...

I haven't even seen a single box around here. Either way, If it does turn out like that, I hope they'll at least make them more widespread. I would rather have sets, though.

I guess Lego are truly spreading their wings into different product lines, they have sat back and watched the popularity of kid's TV shows like 'YU-GI-OH!' and 'Bakugan Battle Brawlers' which are card based games and also using either objects or creatures to do their bidding.

So it's only logical since Lego has expanded into board games (Haspro now has it's brick-built game range) to fight for every dollar in every TRU, Toyworld or Kmart, then a card/figure game would be that next try at making a dollar.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Hm. This is certainly an interesting development. I was hoping for the return of Ninja sets in 2011, so I guess that I half got my wish. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Uh oh.

I have a horrible prospect of these sets.

It involves the Jellybean Knights.

:hmpf_bad::cry_sad::look::hmpf::sick:

I just hope I'm wrong.

That's what I thought at first too, but if it's just the same old ninjas in more different colors, how bad can it be?

That's what I thought at first too, but if it's just the same old ninjas in more different colors, how bad can it be?

This is an early catalog so the design of the ninjas may still be provisional or a place holder.

I just hope there is no 'card tax' that would make the sets much more expensive than they would be without that 'feature'.

Orange??!! Is he specialized in killing people in the pumpkin field??

He must really good to survive as orange ninja as ninjas are supposed to be invisible to be good in his trade.... :laugh:

Hmmm....

This is interesting, very interesting. I'm excited! If this is anything like KK2, I'm sold! :thumbup:

EDIT: Am I the only one that likes this? :wacko:

Edited by prateek

But will there be a Doctor McNinja :laugh: ?

Meh. I'll reserve further judgement until I see if there are actual sets to go with these multihued ninjae.

This new theme sounds interesting. I like the idea of the color variety of the ninjas! :classic: Can't wait for the pictures!

It is not a historical theme (like the Ninja theme one of 1999/2000).

Klaus-Dieter

Hallo,

Thank you so much for the big news!!

I'm really interested in this point: "It is not a historical theme (like the Ninja theme one of 1999/2000)."

So do you mean this new ninja series looks like the one released before?

(To me, the existing ninja theme is quite a historical theme)

I think he means the 1999/2000 theme WAS a historical theme, meaning this new one will be very, very different from that one.