The Spartan helmet in gold looks awesome! Has anyone notice the castle skeleton sheild in 7977?

LegoGalactus

Wasn't it already in gold? I think the shield is just preliminary. :wink:

Edited by indianajones

Yeah, but this one is all-gold. :wink: As for the shield, I too hope it's just prelim. I hope it will be replaced by a gold version with a neat Atlantis print on it in the final version, but I'm not holding my breath.

Vertea, I managed to, check NinjaGo thread page 17, before it goes down again, not sure if it can last.

Yeah, but this one is all-gold. :wink: As for the shield, I too hope it's just prelim.

I think that Atlantis treasure key in the temple set is preliminary too.I hope that it will be gold,with atlantis mark.

Now there will be collectibles,like in Pharaoh Quest(gold treasure)in each set.

Edited by MantaMan

Vertea, I managed to, check NinjaGo thread page 17, before it goes down again, not sure if it can last.

and I cannot thank you enough! I managed to get that. YOu did an amazing job and the pics are really good quality. Thanks very much :)

and I cannot thank you enough! I managed to get that. YOu did an amazing job and the pics are really good quality. Thanks very much :)

Could you PM them to me? :grin:

I think that Atlantis treasure key in the temple set is preliminary too.I hope that it will be gold,with atlantis mark.

Now there will be collectibles,like in Pharaoh Quest(gold treasure)in each set.

Atlantis mark? Do you mean the pyramid thing?(And didn't they already have Atlantis collectable keys?)

One thing that stops me from being obsessed with little blurry pictures that appear and dissapear is that I'm sure I'll see them a trillion times in big shiny boxes. :grin:

I really hope that they come out with a bigger Atlantis temple set that has more columns. I was thinking that they came out with an atlantis set in January this year that was in that price range and then they came out with the Portal of Atlantis set which is in the $100 range so, I do think there is a chance that they might. :classic:

I am not a really 'big' Atlantis collector, but the Temple of Atlantis is really cool.

If I just do a few MODs to it I could make mount olympus.:classic:

It would also go well with the Spartan from The MS2.

I really like quite a few of these sets. I'll probably get the Temple and the Anglerfish sets.

Heh, it's pretty clear that everyone is now drooling for those column pieces :classic: That's a brilliant move from TLG... they will be so popular for AFOLs wanting to create Roman/Greek MOCs.

Oh well, these 2011 sets complicate things...

What should I get for Christmas now, the Portal of Atlantis or the Temple of Atlantis?

Anyway, the temple is pretty well designed and will make a great home for my Spartans. The crab though looks pretty cluthuloid for my tastes. the arms look kind of small next to fat claws and head, but those puny legs, if I ever get a crab the legs will need some modding. The angler looks decent and could a close associate of jawson. The Hammerhead for some reason reminds me of Man-Ray from spongebob.

The trans yellow is great for blacktronners along with 2010's space police baddy vehicles, overall the colorscheme became better, unlike Power Miner's monstrous blue and lime. Definitely going to have to pick up one.

What should I get for Christmas now, the Portal of Atlantis or the Temple of Atlantis?

I'd say get the temple and buy all the special parts from the portal from PAB.

overall the color scheme became better, unlike Power Miner's monstrous blue and lime.

Funny how tastes differ; I'd take blue and lime over red and yellow any day. :look:

But yeah, next year is gonna be great for blacktron fans, especially with that blacktron cyborg fig in the Minifig Series 3.

But yeah, next year is gonna be great for blacktron fans, especially with that blacktron cyborg fig in the Minifig Series 3.

Blacktron?I thought that it is a space pirate :wacko:

What's the difference? :tongue:

You can tell by the green "B" on his chest and overall color scheme.

Anyway, let's not get off topic.

The temple looks great, the giant fish reminds me of the submarines from Stingray, not sure if anyone else remembers those. It's shaping up to be a good year for Atlantis unlike Power minders which tailed off badly in year two Atlantis has kept going strong.

What's the difference? :tongue:

You can tell by the green "B" on his chest and overall color scheme.

Anyway, let's not get off topic.

Technically, I've been undertaking a project of recording and translating set names from 80's and 90's Space themes. The sets tend to have slightly-different or sometimes vastly different names between countries-- even countries like the UK and the US that share a language! And to my amusement, the Blacktron set 6941 called "Battrax" in the United States is called the "5-section Pirate Racer" in Canada. The French translation given in the catalog has "pirate" in quotes, hinting that it might just be a vehicle class or something, but it's still cute to see that Space Pirates and Blacktron really don't have a lot separating them as far as concept is concerned.

But as you said, on-topicness comes first. I personally liked the Power Miners color schemes for both 2009 and 2010, just as I like both the 2010 and 2011 Atlantis color schemes (I'm bringing the discussion back to Atlantis in a paragraph, don't worry). In 2010 Power Miners really kept the color scheme mostly the same, just swapping the orange for blue. Color scheme organization, of course, is where things really count-- a well-organized color scheme can use any set of colors, but a poorly-organized color scheme will look terrible no matter what colors it uses. Some of the Power Miners 2010 sets pulled the blue-and-lime color scheme off effectively, others didn't do so well.

The Atlantis sets we've seen from 2011 all seem to use yellow sparingly for just accents and windscreens, keeping red as the consistent "base color". So the 2011 Atlantis sets seem to pass the color-scheme test as far as I'm concerned. I'm just a little disappointed that the windscreens don't necessarily have the same level of authenticity as far as color is concerned-- but the gorgeous set designs and amazingly-useful parts we're set up to receive in 2011 more than make up for that.

Has anyone noticed any changes in the Atlantis site?

The Paharaohs Quest site and Ninajgo site are up, so I figure we should be on alert for new content. If they update, we could potentially get some stock images of finalized parts or storyline.

Has anyone noticed any changes in the Atlantis site?

The Paharaohs Quest site and Ninajgo site are up, so I figure we should be on alert for new content. If they update, we could potentially get some stock images of finalized parts or storyline.

I doubt there would be changes in the Atlantis site. Since it's a theme that's already out rather than a new theme, showing the new sets or offering hints about the 2011 lineup would mean drawing kids' attention away from the sets that are already out. Gotta make that advertising count!

Plus, it just doesn't match up to my experience with other multi-wave themes, like BIONICLE, Agents, and Space Police III. The sets will actually be out by the time that the site is updated, methinks.

These sets look way better than last years sets and does anyone know what the feature for the golden kings platform does?I'd really like to know

These sets look way better than last years sets and does anyone know what the feature for the golden kings platform does?I'd really like to know

I'm afraid none of us know or will know until we see clearer official images or demonstrations at Toyfair.