It is actually really annoying that there is probably not a big chance of Lego ever continuing the Atlantis theme, it's been so great.

Really want that last Portal of Atlantis @ Target but $115 is too much...

Haven't even got ONE Atlantis set...

Does anyone know when the temples coming out in the states ?

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I got my little cousin an angler attack set and had a very negative experience, the box and bags were completely sealed but there were many missing pieces I've never gotten a set with missing pieces ever so I assumed we just lost one so we looked for it for a while but then as we got farther there were even more missing pieces so it became practically unbuildable so they're going to return it. :thumbdown:

Are the bags in that set numbered? If not, then maybe there was a whole missing bag. Where did you get the set from? I heard many stories about retailer employees vandalizing sets like that.

Are the bags in that set numbered? If not, then maybe there was a whole missing bag. Where did you get the set from? I heard many stories about retailer employees vandalizing sets like that.

No It wasn't a bag missing. It was missing one of the hinges that leaves it's eyes on, it was also missing some of the lime parts that go inder the large dk green slopes on its side and several other parts that it included others of. :sceptic:

I hope that this is the last year of Atlantis. It was a fantastic theme, but to stretch it into 2012 would be dragging it on. Maybe PQ can take its place. :grin:

I like the machine with the drill´. That fish with the big eyes is nice and the temple with the new column bricks is cool. Very nice :thumbup:

New magnet set:

853087-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

The legs and torsos are probably glued, but it still might be worth getting for the heads, claws, and accessories. :thumbup:

The temple and drill sub are still not available in the US though. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

New magnet set:

853087-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

The legs and torsos are probably glued, but it still might be worth getting for the heads, claws, and accessories. :thumbup:

The temple and drill sub are still not available in the US though. :hmpf_bad:

They won't be until summer, just like they did last year with Lavatraz and the Claw Catcher from Power Miners. ToyFair gave us an August release date.

So the minifigure parts are not glued together, correct? Only the legs to the brick, leaving the rest able to be salvaged?

If so, excellent. I can use Crabby's with Octoman's tentacle legs.

(I got Ock from the replacement parts page of the LEGO site [and paid for him, of course, I would never steal from LEGO <3] but the tentacle head cover wasn't available so he just has his angry head and with Crabby I can make a cooler figure anyway.)

AFAIK the hips are also glued to the torso unfortunately, but the rest should be fine, so I think you'll be able to make your squid-crab (Squab?) fig. :laugh:

And this is probably not as exciting, but they also have these keychains:

853086-1.jpg853085-1.jpg853084-1.jpg

And yes, the teeth on the first one are glued, but as usual, the heads and headgear are not.

I got the walker set today, and I was a little surprised. The hammerhead warrior's head didn't come in one of those small plastic bags, which I believe usually signifies a Chinese component. Does this mean that the main factory is now going to produce these special parts or something?

Yay, transparent red head. :classic: They should really do more transparent heads.

I got the walker set today, and I was a little surprised. The hammerhead warrior's head didn't come in one of those small plastic bags, which I believe usually signifies a Chinese component. Does this mean that the main factory is now going to produce these special parts or something?

Yay, transparent red head. :classic: They should really do more transparent heads.

...Or the Chinese factory is doing things differently nowadays. After all, the Collectible Minifigure parts are still exclusively produced in China. However, unlike the first few waves of collectible minifigure parts (which were almost all new molds, even for parts that were just retooled versions of older parts), Series 3 includes many molds that are the same (as in, not only the same shape but the same part number) as earlier parts. The Samurai's helmet and armor, the Hula Dancer's hair, and the Alien's head are all examples. The alien's head was kind of expected since the original mold was used for Chinese parts anyway (Squidman's head), but the Samurai's parts in particular were a surprise.

I'm very much hoping that these changes are evidence of the fact that the Chinese factory is being "mainstreamed", in a sense. The more similar its production becomes to the other factories, the more you'd expect them to have the other factories' reliable quality. At the same time, though, let's not take this too prophetically. Not even nearly all Chinese parts are in individual plastic bags-- for instance, the Rock Monsters (Chinese-made), the Toy Story minifig heads (Chinese-made), and the Atlantis treasure keys (possibly Chinese-made, but it's not quite so evident) were all in individual plastic bags, but I don't think that all of the Space Police alien heads from China came in individual plastic bags, and the older Atlantis minifigure head/helmet pieces like those of the Manta Warrior and Shark Warrior didn't come in plastic bags like that.

It's possible that the plastic bags are indicative not of the place of production, but of the process by which the parts were produced. So far, none of the parts I remember being in plastic bags were made of plastics other than ABS or PC. So perhaps softer parts don't need the same protection as harder parts.

...Or the Chinese factory is doing things differently nowadays. After all, the Collectible Minifigure parts are still exclusively produced in China. However, unlike the first few waves of collectible minifigure parts (which were almost all new molds, even for parts that were just retooled versions of older parts), Series 3 includes many molds that are the same (as in, not only the same shape but the same part number) as earlier parts. The Samurai's helmet and armor, the Hula Dancer's hair, and the Alien's head are all examples. The alien's head was kind of expected since the original mold was used for Chinese parts anyway (Squidman's head), but the Samurai's parts in particular were a surprise.

I'm very much hoping that these changes are evidence of the fact that the Chinese factory is being "mainstreamed", in a sense. The more similar its production becomes to the other factories, the more you'd expect them to have the other factories' reliable quality. At the same time, though, let's not take this too prophetically. Not even nearly all Chinese parts are in individual plastic bags-- for instance, the Rock Monsters (Chinese-made), the Toy Story minifig heads (Chinese-made), and the Atlantis treasure keys (possibly Chinese-made, but it's not quite so evident) were all in individual plastic bags, but I don't think that all of the Space Police alien heads from China came in individual plastic bags, and the older Atlantis minifigure head/helmet pieces like those of the Manta Warrior and Shark Warrior didn't come in plastic bags like that.

It's possible that the plastic bags are indicative not of the place of production, but of the process by which the parts were produced. So far, none of the parts I remember being in plastic bags were made of plastics other than ABS or PC. So perhaps softer parts don't need the same protection as harder parts.

I think most (if not all) of those pieces came in bags. I can't really remember.

I would have thought that softer parts did need extra protection, especially with the printing/painting. That was probably the reason why they came in bags in the first place.

Oh well, interesting to know anyway. I haven't had any quality issues with Chinese plastic yet, except some slightly dodgy plastic with the collectible minifigs. :classic:

The Barracuda man is so awesome.

I need the Atlantis Temple to come out hereabouts so I can spend a ridiculous amount of money for the crab-man. And, okay, the rest of an awesome-looking set.

I'm psyched for the minidrill the Drill Submarine has in it. And love that the sub has a tiny version of itself.

AFAIK the hips are also glued to the torso unfortunately, but the rest should be fine, so I think you'll be able to make your squid-crab (Squab?) fig. :laugh:

Well that's a bummer, because it means Octocrab won't have any teeth in his mouth.

Bought a Drill submarine yesterday.It looks great,and ithink that it is the best ship in Antlantis theme.But it too small for it price(like Buzz's Spaceship)and arms should be more flexible.Hope there will be big sumarine or something like that.

I love the Atlantis series, and have full set of this series. now try out MOC it. :grin:

Edited by AppleLEGO

Neptune Carrier: worth buying?

yes...IMO. especially if you can get it for 1/2 on targets website.

FYI, for those in the US, ToysRUs is starting to sell City of Atlantis even though it it still listed as not available in the US by Lego Shop at Home. Picked mine up today. Price was 69.99.