Hey guys. Still hunting for Hero Factory, ran by Toys R Us again. Picked up another Atlantis (and two Pharaoh's Quest) sets, the Seabed Strider. Since the iPhone pics weren't too popular, I'm still trying to get things re-arranged to use my main camera.

In the meantime, hopefully this will help in the search. (I use these to find new Transformers, and other toys, and it seems to work well enough at Target and Toys R US.)

Atlantis 7977 Seabed Strider UPC #: 6 73419 14397 4

I'd include the Angler Attack UPC, but it seems like I've already tossed the box.

Just ask the folks at the store if they can do a product look-up by UPC. (Might not work at Wal-Mart, it's been a while since I've asked there cause they usually have to have the UPC # on hand to do a product look up.)

Edited by Taaron

I'm really surprised by TRU prices, to the fact I feel they are below MSRP. The little set (54 pieces) is only $5 online, I figured it would be $6, the next up (105 pieces) one I figured would be $13 and it's only $10.

I find it funny that a 54 piece set would only cost $1 more than a 20 piece, max, Impulse sets.

Well, for crying out loud. I had it all set in my head that I would not bother about Atlantis anymore and narrow my focus. And they had to ruin it all by going and making that beautiful temple, with the crab man and the great angler fish torso that is just crying out to be used for a new alien species of my own. This is an amazing set!

I am probably the only one that isn't happy about the switch to yellow trim for the vehicles and suits. The continuity geek in me is really having a hard time accepting that suddenly the divers have new uniforms and all new vehicles. I'm going to have to pretend this is a whole new faction of deep sea explorers who slaughtered the old team and stole their Atlantean goodies.

Also, am I totally crazy, or wasn't there supposed to be one Atlantis vehicle that converted from a runabout sub to a really tall walker? I swear I saw this somewhere. It was fighting a big sea serpent, and looked pretty awesome, but I'm not seeing it in any lists now.

Well, for crying out loud. I had it all set in my head that I would not bother about Atlantis anymore and narrow my focus. And they had to ruin it all by going and making that beautiful temple, with the crab man and the great angler fish torso that is just crying out to be used for a new alien species of my own. This is an amazing set!

I am probably the only one that isn't happy about the switch to yellow trim for the vehicles and suits. The continuity geek in me is really having a hard time accepting that suddenly the divers have new uniforms and all new vehicles. I'm going to have to pretend this is a whole new faction of deep sea explorers who slaughtered the old team and stole their Atlantean goodies.

Also, am I totally crazy, or wasn't there supposed to be one Atlantis vehicle that converted from a runabout sub to a really tall walker? I swear I saw this somewhere. It was fighting a big sea serpent, and looked pretty awesome, but I'm not seeing it in any lists now.

Nope, you're not crazy: Undersea Explorer

Was a Target exclusive.

Also yeah, the switch to yellow does bother me as well, but I'm sure I can learn to overlook it. I like the yellow and red color scheme better than yellow and trans-green anyways.

The continuty of the colour change annoys me too, I'm just going to imagine they took spares with them....or went home for a break and came back later

As for the transforming set with the serpent? it still exists, you can buy it from Lego Shop at home, I presume. It's set 8080, Undersea Explorer. A nice looking set, though I believe it's limited edition.

Will/Rocketbilly

Well,not only Targets.I saw it in a lot of other shops.

Maybe in Russia, but in the US it's only target or Lego stores.

i found 7977 seabed strider at sunridge tru in calgary, and it is posaubly the only 2011 set in calgary!, it was $12.99

i found 7977 seabed strider at sunridge tru in calgary, and it is posaubly the only 2011 set in calgary!, it was $12.99

Did you buy it?

From the looks of it, I think that might be my second favorite set yet (after the temple of course).

I also dislike the switch to red and yellow--I liked the new shade of trans green, and the green didn't leak over into any solid-colored parts, just the transparent ones (with the exception of the minifigs, which I actually preferred-- yellow is minifig flesh to me, not yellow clothing).

All I have to say is:

trn060.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty weird, but in a way I think the yellow doesn't look too bad. A different color, like orange or purple or light blue, would've easily worked as well, though, and been a bit less strange. Maybe if this theme makes another year then the colors will change again. How cool would some trans purple helmets be?

I prefer the yellow to the neon green. There's something about yellow and red in combination.

My TRU had a few of the new sets in last night. I picked up the Strider and turned down the little impulse set. I don't need another diver. They should ahve thrown in something else. How about a set with a sea creature minifig instead of a diver?

I may have to bite the bullet and buy the large "ruins" set. I never buy sets over $25, but this may be the one exception. Those columns are awesome and the decoration is brilliant.

Edited by Lego_Hero

Yeah, it's pretty weird, but in a way I think the yellow doesn't look too bad. A different color, like orange or purple or light blue, would've easily worked as well, though, and been a bit less strange. Maybe if this theme makes another year then the colors will change again. How cool would some trans purple helmets be?

Trans. purple and red? I'd have to see that in person to see if it works, but I'm sure it would. That would've been awesome. Seeing official pics now, I liked the green of 2010, instead of the trans yellow of 2011.

Did you buy it?

From the looks of it, I think that might be my second favorite set yet (after the temple of course).

yes i bought it, it is awesome! and has 6 new peices!

The continuty of the colour change annoys me too, I'm just going to imagine they took spares with them....or went home for a break and came back later

As for the transforming set with the serpent? it still exists, you can buy it from Lego Shop at home, I presume. It's set 8080, Undersea Explorer. A nice looking set, though I believe it's limited edition.

Will/Rocketbilly

At first I was pretty disappointed with the color change from lime green to yellow but then I realized that having more variation in color is better. Is it better to have 20 lime green atlantis minigures or to have 15 green minifigs and 5 yellow minifigs? New pieces in more colors = :thumbup:. Plus the trans yellow is perfect for Blacktron I MOCs.

I think it may have worked even better. If only they introduced the new colour scheme earlier, then they could have a third colour scheme. Blue or orange sounds fairly realistic.

I also dislike the switch to red and yellow--I liked the new shade of trans green, and the green didn't leak over into any solid-colored parts, just the transparent ones (with the exception of the minifigs, which I actually preferred-- yellow is minifig flesh to me, not yellow clothing).

Well, actually, there was some lime in the Atlantis sets-- for instance, there are lime dome pieces on the small wheeled vehicle in Neptune Carrier, as well as on the Atlantis Exploration HQ. And that's not even mentioning the flick-fire missiles.

I don't mind the yellow-and-red color scheme, myself-- it adds more variety, and helps to establish that the divers are using new equipment and so forth. Think of it this way-- we were going to get new vehicles anyway, so from a story perspective there's no reason they had to resemble the previous year's vehicles. And if we can accept new vehicles as a necessary addition to the Atlantis line, then new diving suits shouldn't stretch plausibility in the slightest.

As for aesthetic considerations, I've got mixed feelings. I'm not a big fan of the red tips on the flick-fires-- perhaps transparent yellow or the already-available transparent bright orange would have been better? I'm also a bit uncertain about how I like the light stone grey helmets on the divers-- it doesn't match much of the rest of their diving suits, and provides less of that attractive contrast between the brightly-colored arms and visors and the dim, neutral helmets and suits. Other than those two qualms, however, the sets are gorgeous and unique-looking, and I find myself wishing the line were bigger next year so we could see an even greater range of designs.

That's true--I had forgotten about the lime parts.

Don't get me wrong, though--I think the sets look incredible! I just don't like this year's colors as much as last year's.

I actually like this year's yellow a lot more than last years green, but the green does stand out more. However I find the color change very strange. They added trans green cockpits to the PaB online so you could make your own subs and now they are changing to yellow?

I wish the divers helmet would stay dark bley, it just looks better. or change the whole diver to light bley.

They've started appearing in certain places-- the ones I know of include certain Toys 'R' Us stores in the United States. Sets usually start showing up a month or two before the "official" release date; it's nothing out-of-the-ordinary.

Okay, thanks for the information.