Wow, nice line! I'm not nuts about the new red color scheme (aside from trans-yellow!) but the angler fish set (with fishy minifig?) and the temple look plain awesome.

New key! New key!

I really want to get the temple set, in part because of the crab and statue minifigs but also because of the new treasure key. I haven't even finished getting the current ones, but still. :tongue: I'm neutral about the new colour scheme for the minifigs as the diving outfit is now a lighter shade of grey. I like the switch to yellow though. Also, I like the addition of a shield featuring a key in the set with the walker. It will go well with the statue if I do end up getting the temple.

We're getting a newly coloured Emperor helmet in the Angler fish set and a newly coloured Spartan helmet in the Temple set! :thumbup:

Wow, I agree with prateek, this is definintely a huge step up from the first year of Atlantis sets! I was expecting some odd and gap-filled sets for the next wave of Atlantis, but this is much more promising - each one looks equal in awesomeness to the Temple of Atlantis!

That angler/lantern fish looks hilarious with those bulbous eyes! That's a definite must get for me. :laugh:

The new temple is also very cool! I see a ton of useful and unique parts smattered all over. :oh:

2011 is definitely a new era of beautifully crafted underwater sets!

Edited by ILikePi

Atlantis is just getting better and better by the year.I really like these sets,much better than this years ones.

Gamer.

I wasn't really interested in Atlantis until these sets... I'm not interested in submarines or giant brickbuilt aquatic monsters, but submerged Grecian ruins? That's awesome. I think a lot of people will probably get the temple just for the circular bricks with ridges.

I hope they include some in the next Modular Building. A bank, with pillars out the front, maybe?

7984-1.jpg

7976-1.jpg

7978-1.jpg

7985-1.jpg

7977-1.jpg

This theme is looking very cool, unlike past years' action themes, that got worse over time :thumbup:

I would've liked new diver faces though :sceptic:

These do look good. I love all the new parts and the new yellow diver suit. The temple looks absolutely spectacular. Thanks for posting!

I wasn't really interested in Atlantis until these sets... I'm not interested in submarines or giant brickbuilt aquatic monsters, but submerged Grecian ruins? That's awesome. I think a lot of people will probably get the temple just for the circular bricks with ridges.

I hope they include some in the next Modular Building. A bank, with pillars out the front, maybe?

You mean like Gringotts in the Diagon Alley set? Not modular, but clearly LEGO has the same sort of idea as you do.

The ridged 2x2 bricks will also be appearing on some of the rockets in the upcoming Space subtheme of City.

I hate to admit it but those new Atlantis sets are very promising indeed. I really like it and looking forward to all, especially the temple ruins. :wub:

These new Atlantis sets look great! :classic:

I may have to get some of them, even though I don't really collect Atlantis.

~buddy~

I love this theme so much.

What's that human-looking guy in the temple, though? Statue? Actual human? Physical god?

Hey guys.

Ran over to Toys R Us today to see if they had any new Hero Factory out yet.

No luck there, but did spot (and ended up getting) Angler Attack.

Just got home, haven't had a chance to unload my bag yet, so here's some "in the wild" shots.

24d7d245.jpg?t=1289674745

b8e8c8f7.jpg?t=1289674739

Also picked up a Creator robot set, but didn't take any wild pics of it, since I'm not sure it's 2011. (I'll go check that topic next)

Happy hunting!

I love this theme so much.

What's that human-looking guy in the temple, though? Statue? Actual human? Physical god?

According to a leaked catalog, he's the "Golden King", and the ultimate of the golden treasures that seem to be the gimmick for these new sets. So a statue of some sort, I reckon. Of course, there's always the possibility that he might be a "living statue"... didn't LEGO end up pulling that one with the Golden Dragon in the Orient Expedition sets, or am I misremembering?

:oh: Lucky! Review it ASAP!

Will do. Got most of the pieces photographed, though, I haven't done a review on this site before. I do post the review in this topic, or create a new topic for the item being reviewed?

Thanks!

Wow, the box art for Angler Ambush is beautiful with that dark blue background! It's one of the best box arts I've seen. :wub:

I'll be eagerly waiting for your review!

Edited by ILikePi