Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

The Hula's hair is really weird.

And the pilot has the old backpack, but in a new colour.

Edited by prateek

The fishing rod looks like it's made of two pieces. One of the pieces looks like this:

x127c11.gif

But with an aglet at one end instead of the stud. I'm sure that could be... useful.

I think the angler also has a beard under his beard. Why do they keep doing that? If you looked up 'redundant' in the dictionary, I'm sure there'd be a picture of a lego man with a beard under his beard.

Edited by David Thomsen

Kids can eat it.

They have parents that can buy them LEGO stuff. We have to pay for our own things. And work to get that money. And what do children do once they get their free LEGO? They byte it, or they lose the parts, or they trade them with some smart friend thinking that the "ultra trix bouncing ball from space" is better.

So, screw children!

Edited by vexorian

I'm not on-board with that comment vexorian, a lot of kids actually work hard to buy their own legos, they aren't always given them for free. I also know that older kids don't really bite or abuse there legos the way you've described them as. On the other hand we don't really have evidence that the guy in the pic is buying all those, do we?

Kids can eat it.

They have parents that can buy them LEGO stuff. We have to pay for our own things. And work to get that money. And what do children do once they get their free LEGO? They byte it, or they lose the parts, or they trade them with some smart friend thinking that the "ultra trix bouncing ball from space" is better.

So, screw children!

I do not agree with anything that you said.

Do you think 8 or 9 year old kids are going to bite their parts? And not even that! Lots of kids are organized with their Lego parts (Like my son :tongue: ), and don't lose parts very often!

Also, the majority of kids wouldn't trade their Minifigures for balls. They are not that dumb!

Sorry, just looking out for those little kids out there in the world. :blush:

I saw this interesting comment on the Brickpop post-

Everyone,

Series 3 will be extremely common!

Kroger grocery stores throughout North America will also carry series 3 (in addition to Target, TRU, and Walmart in every checkout line for the holiday season:). The reason these were available on the Pacific Northwest coast so early is due to the shipments incoming from China. The Pacific Northwest of the USA/Canada is where all of the mass produced (made in China)Lego imports land first.

Its just a matter of days before they appear everywhere else. I advise patience.

Series 3 will have upwards of 220,000 cases being produced as we speak in China. Thats over 10 million minifig packs! Of course this is a projection and the final number may differ based on saturation and holiday impulse sales.

Expect your local TRU/Target to have cases in the dozens per store… within a few days or weeks.

To compare, Series 1 was limited to only 1-4 cases of stock at TRU within North America, and a few cases per Lego Store.

Series 2 was limited to 4-6 cases per TRU, roughly 8-16 cases per Lego Store (released over a period of 1 month) and 2-4 cases per Target and Walmart (within Canada).

The numbers we are looking at now for series 3 is HUGE. meaning, they won’t sell out.

In conclusion, don’t worry, be happy! there will soon be plenty for everyone!

Series 2 just recently sold out at LBRI warehouses..

If anything series 3 will inflate Series 1 and series 2 prices due to more exposure.

Don't know if it's accurate, but I want to believe it!

-Derek

Don't know if it's accurate, but I want to believe it!

-Derek

Me too! I want to find these at my local grocery store! :sweet:

Hey the hula girl has a splash of pink in her hair - painted flower.

Also I do believe I subscribe to the "every man for himself" mentality. Get whatever you want - especially now that we're in series three and the lego folks have explicitly told us the availability will be much improved.

But I myself only want 1 copy of each for display - any more will be for parts - and possibly enough tennis girls for a doubles match, and two sumos to be perpetually going at each other

Hopefully these dont take forever to appear in Australia (but knowing the way Australian retailers think and knowing that .au seems to always get things months after the rest of the world, I am not holding out hope)

I'm impressed that this Series seems to have back printing on the figs. The lack thereof has bugged me a lot in the past two series, so this is a huge improvement to me! Can't wait until they become widely available!

Just got back from grabbing some at the Fred Meyer in Bellingham, WA. I was able to "feel out" 4 elves (and I left a 5th there for someone else :D).

Some things I noticed -

-The gorilla head has holes for the minifigure's eyes to show through and there's a zipper printed on the back of the torso.

-The hulu girl's skirt wraps around and is made of the same material as the capes. It doesn't come together at the ends as well as I'd like.

- The samurai has a very cool floral printed robe under the armor.

- The back of the chief's headdress is black where his hair should be, not white like the old Wild West headdresses.

-The speakers on the boombox are actually round with texture, not just printed on - really cool!

- The elf ears are part of the hairpiece and they're AWESOME!

Edited by mcfarlandman

So is that gorilla supposed to be a mascot? :wacko:

Uhm, yes. It wouldn't be classified as a minifig it was an animal gorilla. :laugh:

Anyway, it's really nice to see how these Series 3 collectibles are much more detailed then the previous two series. The back, arm, and leg prints, the Gorilla head eyehole, the Hula girl's skirt are just of the awesome details that really make this batch top-notch. Can't wait to get some of these. :classic:

The elf's bow is a new piece, yes. There are no barcodes, but it remains to be seen whether someone can come up with any other way of reliably and easily identifying them (apart from feeling them, which isn't that easy and reliable anyway).

I'm not sure if I'm "buying" the elf's head/earpiece. But I'll surely be buying as many elves as I can. They'll make an elite archer unit for my village, with or without pointy ears. Most of the other figs look good too, either for spare parts or just as themselves.

Great news! I was pleasantly surprised by two things:

1. the new bow looks more different from the old one than I imagined from the preliminary pics (which makes the elf even more desirable)

2. The trousers of the 'Rapper' look great, and seem very useful for City mocs

Overall I think I'm as satisfied with this series as with the others :thumbup:

Does anyone else find the choice of weapons for the elf and Native American Chief slightly unusual?

The elf has a shield and a bow. While Im not complaining as the shield is a beautiful piece, I would have thought it might ship with a sword too. An elf orientated longsword would be brilliant :)

The spear on the chief just doesnt seem to fit visually for me. while technically correct it seems almost like the spear of a different era of warrior. A few feathers around the head would really enhance the look I think.

I could actually see myself swopping the bow from elf with the spear from the Chief (maybe adding a hatchet type weapon too) though i do have images now of a war party made up of the chief from this series and the brave from previous!

Would anyone be so kind to post pictures of the back of a couple of those bags? Maybe we can spot something that will help telling the minifigs apart.

Would anyone be so kind to post pictures of the back of a couple of those bags? Maybe we can spot something that will help telling the minifigs apart.

One of the links on a previous page featured a picture of the bag from both sides, I spent a good while studying them but nothing seemed to stand out. You'd really need to get two in your hands to give it a really good comparison study though.