Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

I am very happy and excited especially to see the revived Samurai and the new incredible Elf. I am all set and ready for Minifigures Series 3 now and can't wait to find out more info on this aspect. Seriously, this is making me feeling way too excited. :thumbup:

As for the rest of the minifigs, I will add more thoughts later but I do love the pretty looking Tennis player. :blush:

I love all of them. I think these newer figures are another must have series and will fly off the shelf. The Hawaiian girls is good and I like the skirt. It is really good they brought back the Samurai, the armour is lovely. The pilot is nice and is that a new backpack I spot. The elf is great and I am sure it will come in use. The space man is nice and will be a good way to get some nice pieces.

All of these are impressive, it seems they took some of our suggestions in mind.

Thanks for the pictures. :classic:

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures nausicaakro!

Is that the zombie head I see in the cyborgs helmet?

There seems to be a good amount of brand new pieces in this series that look useful for many mocs!

The elfs pointy ears look useful for a Spock(Star trek) minifigure.

Im looking forward to Series 3.

LegoGalactus

Thank you for the pics.

The one fig I realy love is the Elf.

( as good as the Spartan in series 2) The other figs are nice, But the ELF is the most wanted I believe.

Fenrir

Yes, series 3 pics! All of these look great. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the cyborg, which is otherwise pretty dull looking, has great parts. He has a black SP3 helmet and a trans yellow visor, which is great to make Blacktron figures. He also has a silver peg leg and a black spaceman blaster. The alien is looking great too! Overall, these figures are shaping up to be very exciting.

I'm not sure these are the final models - at least I hope not. The sumo guy looks very plain with no details at all. I can't see this being the final product and I think some others will change too.

The gorilla is disappointing. My favourite is the tennis player.

Interesting to see for sure! But I must say I'm not that impressed - I wish they were a bit more novell. The only one that a bit eye catching is the gorilla. And the elf's ears, but those must be part of the wig, right. I can't be a remolded minifig head?

The fisherman is my favourite of these. The new beard looks awesome, I must get loads of those.

The sumo and the alien look very unfinished, I suppose that alien's head will change to be a new mold.

I'm not sure these are the final models - at least I hope not. The sumo guy looks very plain with no details at all. I can't see this being the final product and I think some others will change too.

The gorilla is disappointing. My favourite is the tennis player.

on the catalogue the sumo guy has great detail on his body. In my pic they are not visible! :hmpf_bad:

nausi

Figs that look awesome to me: samurai, fisher, rapper, elf, mummy, tennis girl (except for the hair), baseballer, gorilla.

Figs that look average to me: hawaiian girl, indian chief, aviator, snowboarder, F1 pilot,

Figs that look awful to me: space_what_it_is, sumotori, alien

I noticed a bunch of recycled parts appearing in different colors. I hope that's not the case when the actual product comes out.

The Squidman head looks great! I like the black eyes w/ white pupils-and the pupils are actually facing forward! Plus a solid green head and gold laser gun make this a fave.

My reactions are over-all positive, it's a cool mixture ranging from historical (Indian Chief, Pilot, Samurai) to sports (Baseball Player, Tennis Player, Racecar Driver, Fisherman, Snowboarder, Sumo Wrestler) to the whimsical/fantastic (Cyborg, Alien, Mummy, Gorilla, Elf) and esoteric, but useful (Hula Girl, M.C./breakdancer).

Looks like we're getting two more of the Raygun and transparent 3L bar pieces that debuted with the Spaceman in CMFs1 - one with the Cyborg (who looks a little like Robocop) in what appears to be almost a gunmetal color with a red beam, and one in Pearl Gold with a purple beam accompanying the Alien. It also appears as though the Cyborg's helmet is a black version of the Space Police 3 Commando helmet. We're getting another microphone (this time with a gold top) with the M.C./breakdancer. It seems the grass skirt on the Hula Girl is a separate piece, and not printed on the legs. I'm interested in seeing whether or not the ears on the Elf are a part of the head or hair - I think it makes more sense as part of the hair. The printing on the Elf looks incredible!

The Racecar Driver doesn't appear to have any affiliation with Ferrari aside from the color scheme. His torso, however, does say 'Octan', so that's cool. I could see the Snowboarder's torso and legs being very handy for flight suits. The Mummy will, of course, look great along-side the Zombie, Witch and Vampire. It would also look really cool with the Pharaoh's headpiece.

If you look closely enough, you can see that the "cyborg's" torso has the Blacktron 2 logo on it. Black uniform with Blacktron 2 logo, trans-yellow visor... I am excited :)

i love all the 16 :thumbup: :thumbup:

now i can wait for them, but first i hope that serie brings any way to identify the models.

Edited by NPimenta

but first i hope that serie brings any way to identify the models.

You're just going to have to feel them up like some sort of LEGO deviant. ;) It's actually not that hard to do.

Definitely going to be trying for the Indian Chief, Luau Girl, Pilot, Snowboarder, Elf, Monkey, Rapper, and Baseballer. Not so much a fan of the Sumo, F1, or Samurai.

Bit let down by the boy-girl ratio - we have 3 girls, 2 indeterminate, and 11 boys? Come on! Why not replace the Rapper with a Lady Sov figure? :tongue:

I think The Alien is gonna be the easiest to find, given the unmistakable model of the head. a quick feel and you'd know it.

I really like the fisherman's beard and the pilot.

They all look cool in a way! ,but does anyone know the set #?

Woow they look great! Especially the elf - great printing, shield and hair/headpiece; and a s a bonus we get a green cape as well. In one word: fantastic minifig! Best, K.

Thanks Nausicaakro! My initial thoughts are as follows:

1) HULA GIRL - Great fig, love the grass skirt. Still, a ukelele would've made this a '10.'

2) TRIBAL CHIEF - Never had a headdress, as I missed out on Western. Great fig but don't love the accessories-- in a perfect world that spear is temporary, and will be replaced with a brown one and maybe a shield w/ a dreamcatcher print.

3)SAMURAI - Epic, missed out on these guys also. Would love something unique to clip onto the front of the helmet, but otherwise looks really solid. Certainly would like multiples.

4) ACE PILOT - Dying to get a closer look at the backpack. I love older faces because it just adds diversity to your fig collection, so I could definitely see grabbing an extra or two just for the head, or for the beautiful torso print.

5) FISHERMAN - Certainly a pleasant surprise that this fig is as great as it is. The beard is great (I could see this finding its way onto the Advent set's Santa next year), the light blue with the orange overalls looks like an entirely new possibility for workers, plus I've never seen the brownie cap in blue before. Great job, TLG!

6) CYBORG? - Very strange, seems a bit too specific and hard to identify. It almost reminds me of CopMike's old thread about minifig possibilities, when these people would suggest insanely specialized concepts that would be hard to identify at first glance. Like, what is this guy??? I will say that TLG could help things along by printing a half-robot head piece to snap onto the top of the existing one... could be interesting. Maybe.

7) SNOWBOARDER GIRL - Great figure, great accessory. Could also see this torso looking really good with all of our extra popstar's pink pants from series 2!

8) RACE CAR DRIVER - Possibly my least favorite of the series, although I LOVE the new hairpiece!

9) STREET BOY - So funny! I know that we stick with yellow outside of licensed themes, but I can't help but wonder how good this would look if his skin was brown like Lando! Favorite part is probably the ballcap, but the torso is interesting too! Very curious to see if the boombox is brickbuilt or one huge piece.

10) ELF - Congrats, TLG... you've actually outdone the hype of the Spartan. Simply a '10.' This figure could take army-building to an extreme level across the globe. I'd bet my 10199 that the ears are part of the hairpiece. Fantastic torso print down onto the legs, BTW

11) SUMO WRESTLER - Not entirely fair to judge just according to this one blurry image, but this is possibly my least favorite. Still, the hair would probably look good on an unhelmed samurai, and the torso will go a long way in creating one of the lazier members of my pirate crew.

12) ALIEN - Epic fail. If we wanted a squidman, we can get one in SP. I'm hoping this is just temporary while they work up a proper eggheaded, bug-eyed 'little green man'-esque head. Was also hoping for little legs too. As it stands, this could become the first of the Collectible Minifigs series that I pass on.

13) MUMMY - Awesome print! Like others said, he'll go great with the other Halloween-esque figs such as the vampire, witch and zombie. I'm calling it now-- Series 4 will bring either a Frankenstein character or some sort of wolfman.

14) TENNIS GIRL - Outstanding figure, as much for the diversity she can bring to our City collection female figs as for the design itself. Interested in seeing how the hair looks from the back, but otherwise a beautiful figure.

15) BASEBALL PLAYER - Detail is outstanding, and the bat looks good too. Only thing keeping this from a '10' is some sort of clip-on baseball glove or something, but even so I'm wondering how hard it'll be to get a hold of 9 and put forth a whole squad of my City's hometown stars. Love to see a catcher in a future series, with a big catcher's glove and the mask clipped on over his face.

16) GORILLA - Very interesting headpiece. I'm betting the 'eyes' are actually big holes in the gray of the face/mask and the dark black is on the head itself (like the Biker Scout mask/head assembly). if so, don't expect the head below to look great on its own, AND don't expect the gorilla 'mask' to look as good on another fig's head.

All in all a pretty nice variety as before. Now that we've seen prelims of the figures, the next big question is how do we solve the UPC Removal issue? Will we really have to go into these blind, or only by feeling up the bags? If so, I have a feeling we're all going to get really really good at feeling out the bow piece, right?

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms