Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

As so many people seem to think that these new Creator sets almost belong to the City line anyway, I thought it might be interesting for you US based Eurobrickers to know that TRU is now selling the Lighthouse Island set (5770) on their website. Strangely not the Hillside House, though (5771).

And if anybody's interested, the Kingdoms sets are also out, including the Mill Village Raid (7189). It's not a City set, for sure, but could easily be adapted to fit a town setup, especially with the MMV :)

As so many people seem to think that these new Creator sets almost belong to the City line anyway, I thought it might be interesting for you US based Eurobrickers to know that TRU is now selling the Lighthouse Island set (5770) on their website. Strangely not the Hillside House, though (5771).

And if anybody's interested, the Kingdoms sets are also out, including the Mill Village Raid (7189). It's not a City set, for sure, but could easily be adapted to fit a town setup, especially with the MMV :)

Just checked the German S@H and the Powerboat Transporter 4643 is now available for EUR 29.99! Strangely it's the only new set from the summer wave that is now for sale, I hope this means the rest of the summer sets are on their way SOON!

At the Lego Store in Miami I saw on Monday:

• Harbor: US$89.99
  • Marina: US$49.99 (this one I'm not so sure, I think it was 49.99)

They're in Toys 'R Us over here as well, in case it hasn't been mentioned already. The marina is around GBP 41.99; the harbour is around the GBP 80 mark.

Found all the 2011 City, Kingdoms and Creator sets at my LEGO Store. $45 Marina, $98 Harbor.

New High Res images of the two Creator sets!

Covers link to gallery, when they go public! :pir-hmpf:

Lego Creator 5770 Lighthouse Island

a_5770_box_front_800.jpg

Does anyone else think that the Lighthouse alternate build marina makes the official marina set look even more lame? Even that dry dock boat mechanic shed alternate looks awesome. The lighthouse just may be the first Creator set I want to buy 3 copies just to build one of each model. :oh: This set really does make the harbor theme this year and its not even technically part of it. The only actual harbor set I want is the Cabin Cruiser II. (the fishing boat for you young ones) :grin:

The new Hillside House sound brick acts as a doorbell!

An annoying one at that (check out Rufus' review)

Does anyone else think that the Lighthouse alternate build marina makes the official marina set look even more lame? Even that dry dock boat mechanic shed alternate looks awesome.

I totally agree. I was checking out the Marina at TRU yesterday, thinking maybe the pictures online hadn't done the set justice. I found the set to be even LESS impressive. Without the background graphics on the box cover to give the set a sense of place, it's really going to appear bland and empty. The mini-figs aren't even that interesting. The Harbor, on the other hand, looks decent, although some raised harbor plates for the road would have been much appreciated.

I'm curious to see some reviews on these to see if the Marina looks any better once it's actually built.

I totally agree. I was checking out the Marina at TRU yesterday, thinking maybe the pictures online hadn't done the set justice. I found the set to be even LESS impressive. Without the background graphics on the box cover to give the set a sense of place, it's really going to appear bland and empty. The mini-figs aren't even that interesting. The Harbor, on the other hand, looks decent, although some raised harbor plates for the road would have been much appreciated.

I'm curious to see some reviews on these to see if the Marina looks any better once it's actually built.

One could say LESS impressive about a lot of sets, but the Marina is just meant to be part of a city/town and then build on to that.

A retailer I spoke to doesn't felt the same as you for the harbour set, so I guess it's to one's own liking what they well....like ! :wink:

I wonder why the speed boat transport is the only thing available yet in Germany ? :wacko:

Brick On ! :grin:

Anyone in the US found 3648 Police Chase? Is it even available here? I haven't seen it yet...

7994-1.jpg

4645-1.jpg

For me, 2007 version is better. Everything looks bigger and more serios and it gives you feel that yo've got more for your money (if I'm correct price is the same for both).

In old one I like almost everything: blue/red colour combination, crane, truck, ships hull (ok, it could be a little smaller, but proportions are ok.

In new one I like truck (even more then in 2007 one) and inclusion of fisherman. I dislike ships hull (it looks to long and too narrow) and also it's colour, even if know that coulour must be one of basic ones and not too dull). Colour combination of building and crane is also not working for me and those old style door dont help either.

For me this looks like one more entry in "will buy if discount will be 50% or more" category.

Too bad for lost oportunity.

True the 2007 harbour which I'm a HUGE fan of....is better in some respects, but still the 2011 one has it's own merits. It's design lends to being a small seaside/river town than a big city shipping port. Plus that classic town feel fused into the modern city styling works and reinforces the idea of a small port, plus the boat doesn't look like a huge sea going one unlike the 2007 container ship.

Oh, and all the harbour sets are now up on the US S@H page last night......I'm going import to get these early.

Brick On everyone ! :wink:

The harbor, to me, is much of a bad value. Too expensive and doesn't appeal to me.

At first, I was excited about this 2011 year of sets. But I've narrowed my list of wants to a small size because of the price and other factors of sets.

I think we need more reviews before people can dislike the new city sets, I felt the same towards Alien Conquest....see some reviews my mind has changed a little on them. So I say given them a chance ! :grin:

The sets are still not up on Oz's S@H page yet, oh well ! :wink:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

In new one I like truck (even more then in 2007 one) and inclusion of fisherman.

The old one contained a fisherman as well. Agree to buy at 50 % of, otherwise it's too costly for what's offered and too childish. Too duplo-ish.

The harbor, to me, is much of a bad value. Too expensive and doesn't appeal to me.

At first, I was excited about this 2011 year of sets. But I've narrowed my list of wants to a small size because of the price and other factors of sets.

I considered Marina in detail and I found out it is not a masterpiece either :( Very strange for me to day but the Police line-up is the best of 2011 for me.

I think we need more reviews before people can dislike the new city sets, I felt the same towards Alien Conquest....see some reviews my mind has changed a little on them. So I say given them a chance ! :grin:

The sets are still not up on Oz's S@H page yet, oh well ! :wink:

Keep on watching ! :wink:

Yes but still on almost all renders we can actually see what will be offered.

I considered Marina in detail and I found out it is not a masterpiece either :( Very strange for me to day but the Police line-up is the best of 2011 for me.

I also think the police line is the best of the 2011 City sets.

I bought the prisoner van, minifig pack, command truck and police station and may also buy the bank & money transfer (if I can find a copy at a price that isn't highway robbery that is) and also am considering buying another prisoner van for parts.

The only City Space set I bought is the sattelite launch van (the rest dont appeal to me)

And none of the harbor sets appeal to me at all (even less so than the last round of harbor sets)

Funny the space sets have not even come out yet in the United States (USA).

Who to blame. :devil:

Well, in the very least they're now on S@H. Also, for at least a month now the Space Shuttle has been available from certain Borders bookstores.

I saw all of the space sets on Monday at the LEGO Store downtown, but blew my wad on grab bags. The Space Center looked very nice and I thought the price was reasonable ($70) especially when compared to the Harbor ($90)

Im looking forward to the Marina set as there will finally be a place for my Pizza chef in the "Paradise Cafe" :laugh:

(I got him in set 4513, the "Grand Central Station" which has been broken for spare town parts :tongue: )