Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

Wow! Thanks for pics!

The transport boat isn't good enough for me.

But that marina is :wub: ! Now the price is the only thing that will hold me from buying this! :grin:

It's kind of funny that the diver in the marina set uses Squidtron's torso from Space Police III. Nothing on that box has a preliminary watermark on it, but I wonder if that will really make it to the final set or if they might make a new wetsuit print for him.

Furthermore, the pilot of the motor boat is apparently wearing the same suit. :classic:

Thanks kris kelvin! I am looking forward to see some new marina activities happening in our City. Thank you so much for sharing with us. :wub:

By the way, I have also featured this over at Classic Town.net,

See it on Classic-Town.net

The speedboat set holds no interest for me whatsoever.

The marina looks better than I expected, whether I get one depends on the price.

It's nice to see these new pics, but I'm still not sold on the Marina and the Powerboat Transport sets. I'm more interested to see the smaller sets, the Fishing Boat and Speedboat.

Thank you for showing these pics, kris!

I will pass on the Truck & Speedboat as I have plenty of large trucks in Otisburg.

The Marina looks good but not spectacular. Is that a new 2x2 corner piece directly underneath the umbrella?

Regarding the CITY Brickmaster book, it looks like we get a copter that will fit on the heli-pad in 7498.

Thank you for showing these pics, kris!

I will pass on the Truck & Speedboat as I have plenty of large trucks in Otisburg.

The Marina looks good but not spectacular. Is that a new 2x2 corner piece directly underneath the umbrella?

Regarding the CITY Brickmaster book, it looks like we get a copter that will fit on the heli-pad in 7498.

The corner piece first appeared in the Hogwarts board game in Tan and is also available in Tan in the Pharaoh's Quest pyramid.

This is the first time it has appeared in white though.

I like the new marinia I just wish they would have included the baywatch style thinger

It does look a bit generic maybe a cool jetski would have made it worth it...

I am a fan of impulse sets that are irresistible

- like...this one

ht

Edited by Muddy

Both the Powerboat/truck figs are wearing classic blue Octan overalls. Yes!

I can't decide how I feel about the Marina yet.

I like the way they've done the blue boat dashboard. At first glance it looks like one of the new helicopter/plane nose pieces. But I don't think it is!

The speedboat transport looks nice, but that Marina still looks ridiculous! :hmpf:

I agree with Prateek... i do not see any reason to buy the Marina... The powerboat transport would also not be on top of my list, but maybe i'll buy that when i have some money left....

First, let's go for the Maersk Train !!!

The marina reminds me of the fire station a few years back.. Just a bunch of walls and windows put together..

Not a good period for lego..

When I heard Marina, I immediately thought of this:

http://brickset.com/detail/?Set=6543-1

Unfortunately, it's not on the same level of quality...

That marina was awesome!!!! I got that when I was little and I think it's still one of the best sets ever!

Edited by Paul Lanski

Generally each section can be done in less than 10 minutes, that's how long a child can keep their mind on one thing.....just look at most cartoons - they run from 5 to 10 minutes.

Hence panels are used, if you don't like them.....brick build it instead ! :wink:

I have worked out some about the surf/dive shop those SNOT studs by the staircase are for that surf board the girl is holding on to - upside down as well ! :wink:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Yes! Get in! Finally more boats! Woohoo! :cry_happy:

I've been waiting for these to come out for ages, I'm so happy.

The marina sets look really good, total must have.

Thank you for posting the pics, good job! :grin:

*sigh* no baseplate in the mariner and it looks a bit <insert that tiresome argument>.

Great for the kids though and some nice parts. The dive boat is not too bad.

Great find kris kelvin, thanks for the pictures! :thumbup:

Although that I still haven't changed my mind regarding the new Marina set (the overall shape and design isn't something that makes me jump from happiness) and although that the comparison between the Sail N' Fly Marina and this one is inevitable, it's really encouraging that TLG decided to release sets that have to do with sea in general. :thumbup:

The boat transporter looks huge! The speedboat's design is really good but I'm a bit sceptical regarding the size of it.

Edit by WhiteFang: Images resize. Please click onto the images for a higher resolution.

gallery_2351_21_129622.jpg

Nice Marina. Do you think that they'll have a girl in a bikini? :grin::devil:

I like the Marina most out of these sets. I like the shops and boats, although it does look a bit flimsy. I look forward to seeing other pictures soon!

*sigh* no baseplate in the mariner and it looks a bit <insert that tiresome argument>.

I had the same thought regarding the lack of a baseplate. For whatever reason, baseplates have gotten incredibly rare these days. I think TLC relies too heavily on the background artwork on the box to give a set a proper sense of "setting." The marina is already a pretty flimsy design, but if it was sitting on a nice blue baseplate, that would help immensely.

Still unsure on the marina. I remember getting the last Sail and Fly Marina in a toy shop years and years ago and building it with my mum. It was a very impressive set! If I did buy the new marina, I'm thinking of combining it with the S&FM, by connecting it on to the small jetty at the end of the S&FM (The one with the red and white pillar light) Thats the only way I can think of incorparating it into my city.

Of course, I won't be purchasing any of the new 2011 sets until the VIP Programme has a Double Points promotion. Then its spend, spend, spend!!

I had the same thought regarding the lack of a baseplate. For whatever reason, baseplates have gotten incredibly rare these days. I think TLC relies too heavily on the background artwork on the box to give a set a proper sense of "setting." The marina is already a pretty flimsy design, but if it was sitting on a nice blue baseplate, that would help immensely.

Baseplates are big pieces of plastic which contribute very little to the set's function, have little versatility as pieces, and aren't really integral to any of the interesting parts of a set's build. If LEGO has to cut costs to keep prices low, I think baseplates are a perfectly OK place to cut them.

Personally, I don't see how a baseplate would contribute much to this set. It would make play a lot "bumpier" if you should want to slide the boats and/or sailboards around in front of the marina, or under that arch. In my opinion, the current layout works just fine.