Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

I'm guessing there's no new info on the International Space Station set? It's not in the new catalogs, so it must be releasing later on.

I work in a book store that sells Lego products, and a whole bunch of 2011 sets have just been loaded onto the system. The problem is they don't give set numbers or themes, just names and prices. Here are a few of them:

Nurses Car, $22.99 NZD

Emergency Helicopter, $49.99 NZD

Car Wash, $49.99 NZD

Doctor's Clinic, $129.99 NZD

Big City Hospital, $199.99 NZD

Hillside House, $139.99 NZD

Lighthouse Island, $79.99 NZD

Listed for June, but our system is often wrong and for example lists things for release in the year 2101, so not very reliable.

Not sure how many of them will be City theme, they might all be Duplo for all I know. The prices are in NZD, and $199.99 NZD usually approximates to $99.99 USD. Sorry if some of these have been posted before.

Edited by David Thomsen

Hillside House and Lighthouse are already known of, so these might be City sets.

WTF ? *oh2*

A car wash.......does that mean a new service station in 2012 eh ?

And didn't we all hear about a rumour for 2012 being medical/hospital.....correct me if I'm wrong ? :blush:

Interesting list and that would round out the city theme in number of sets right ? :wink:

Brick On Everyone ! :sweet:

Interesting. Those prices seem too high to be Duplo. As mentioned the Hillside House and Lighthouse are known to be upcoming Creator sets. Not sure where the Car Wash would fit in though.

At first I thought that price would be too low for a Helicopter in the size of the Limo/Helicopter, Fire Helicopter, or Police Helicopter sets. However, if you consider that all of those sets included another significant vehicle, if this was just a helicopter it could be about right. I find it interesting that we would go so long without a hospital, and then get a hospital and clinic at the same time.

I can't wait to see if these are what they seem to be. I'm certainly going to be interested if they are.

Interesting. Those prices seem too high to be Duplo. As mentioned the Hillside House and Lighthouse are known to be upcoming Creator sets. Not sure where the Car Wash would fit in though.

At first I thought that price would be too low for a Helicopter in the size of the Limo/Helicopter, Fire Helicopter, or Police Helicopter sets. However, if you consider that all of those sets included another significant vehicle, if this was just a helicopter it could be about right. I find it interesting that we would go so long without a hospital, and then get a hospital and clinic at the same time.

I can't wait to see if these are what they seem to be. I'm certainly going to be interested if they are.

Just to let you know, those prices are in New Zealand dollars, so that's why the prices are so high :wink:

Sorry if the use of NZD pricing is confusing... I thought about estimating the USD or EUR price for each set, but decided it would be better to go with definite prices instead of just guesses. Generally USD is half of NZD, but that isn't a reliable method of calculating prices.

I'm particularly excited by the clinic. I'm building a Lego village, and often large emergency buildings just don't fit. A 'clinic' might just be perfect.

[end speculation]

Those sets are Duplo. They appear in the leaked dealer catalog (which I have not seen by the way :wink: ), besides the car wash, but that was confirmed Duplo as well on a South-African webshop.

Other than Thomas & Friends & Bob The Builder, maybe next year there could be new Duplo licenced themes (e.g. Sesame Street, Fireman Sam, etc.)

[end speculation]

Those sets are Duplo. They appear in the leaked dealer catalog (which I have not seen by the way :wink: ), besides the car wash, but that was confirmed Duplo as well on a South-African webshop.

He's right....they are ALL Duplo including the car wash......dam it ! :blush:

Which only leaves us to think about anything that might pop out of nowhere eh ? :wink:

Has anyone scene the new police copter with pick up set yet.....I have being to find out from Lego who, what, where and when ? :look:

Anyway, brick on ! :grin:

I work in a book store that sells Lego products, and a whole bunch of 2011 sets have just been loaded onto the system. The problem is they don't give set numbers or themes, just names and prices. Here are a few of them:

Nurses Car, $22.99 NZD

Emergency Helicopter, $49.99 NZD

Car Wash, $49.99 NZD

Doctor's Clinic, $129.99 NZD

Big City Hospital, $199.99 NZD

Hillside House, $139.99 NZD

Lighthouse Island, $79.99 NZD

Listed for June, but our system is often wrong and for example lists things for release in the year 2101, so not very reliable.

Not sure how many of them will be City theme, they might all be Duplo for all I know. The prices are in NZD, and $199.99 NZD usually approximates to $99.99 USD. Sorry if some of these have been posted before.

Are lego AND Duplo sets that right?

Edited by muscleman

2011 police series just in at the local shop, got the dog unit and prison van thing to get built now :devil: £41 for the articulated lorry/command centre. they hadn't unpacked the station and priced when i was in, but they were in the box.

curse those rugrats getting a hospital before us big kids. :tongue: I don't mind really. I'm building my own. I just hope when a City hospital does come LEGO don't use red again. Green is much more suitable. Red just seems a bit too grisly.

Just to let you know, those prices are in New Zealand dollars, so that's why the prices are so high :wink:

Understood, but still if you use the typical conversion rate he supplied, a $100 Duplo set? Wow. Oh well... maybe next year. Glad I built a hospital of my own.

Edited by meyerc13

on the subject of duplo, i wish they would shrink the zoo animals range down to 'normal' lego size. a lego zoo would be great. i realise some animals are already available, but giraffes and elephants and big cats would be nice too.

Damn it. I really thought I had found something new there. :hmpf_bad:

Hello everyone! This is my first post here !

My lego retailer (in france) just confirmed that the next modular building will indeed be a pet-shop and she was quite straight forward about it ! :D

About the post office, it might as well be a next "construction site/street corner/city house/bank & money transfer" in the city range as it would be easier to turn it into a full theme with cargo, truck, plane, whatever...

Beware! The dog pack is coming to town !

Cheers everyone ;)

Hello everyone! This is my first post here !

My lego retailer (in france) just confirmed that the next modular building will indeed be a pet-shop and she was quite straight forward about it ! :D

About the post office, it might as well be a next "construction site/street corner/city house/bank & money transfer" in the city range as it would be easier to turn it into a full theme with cargo, truck, plane, whatever...

Beware! The dog pack is coming to town !

Cheers everyone ;)

Hi,

Are you sure she's not talking about the Duple 5656 Pet Shop? :sceptic:

How can a retail shop know about this, the modular houses are always coming out as exclusives, not in retail shops for months. :tongue:

I believe it when I see pictures... :wacko:

Hope that Grogall can post more news soon. :thumbup:

carpe Lego. :wink:

Henri

She's positive it's modular, I've asked twice! and since in France, there is no official lego store, only a small bunch of affiliates with exclusivity partnership as this retailer, "la boutique lego" in the "Village Joué Club" in Paris, they usually sells the modular buildings when they come out. I buy them there! Also, I didn't asked what it would be in the first place, I asked only when she would have it. She answered that she didn't know exactly when she would have it but she said spontaneously that it was a pet-shop, then I made her repeat it and confirm that it was the next big creator building. Anyway, we will know soon enough if she mistakes duplo for expensive creator sets. ;)

Edited by fredolego

Welcome to EB, fredolego, and thank you very much for this information! :classic:

I hope that your source is right since I really would like to get a post office (the last one was released decades ago) - esp. if it was included in a set similar to 7641.

And I even think that it's not too unlikely since there aren't that many civilian houses left which could be sold as non-10xxx sets:

-Lego Store

-grocery

-post office

-bakery (not Winter theme styled)

-butcher

-boutique

-cargo center

-(fastfood) restaurant

-snackbar

-car dealership

-supermarket

-zoo

-TV studio

-some more family houses

-ice-cream parlor

-school

(For Exclusives, there could and should a hotel, a mall/shopping center, a huge villa with big garden, a museum, a town hall, a cafe, a factory, a public works center, a truck stop and a bruery be released.)

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Klaus, some good ideas there. Lego Shop would fit in perfectly with 3221. And I do really think we are overdue a Hospital Set.(Last one was 2006) :O!!! :cry_sad: A Post office, zoo, and pet shop would be sooo cool as well. Our last set of Cargo sets, wre the post van, cargo plane etc...but there wasn't a form of HQ - :hmpf_bad:

Hi Klaus Dieter!

About the modular pet-shop, I'm confident the seller I spoke with, did not mistake it for the duplo stuff that is coming this year.

About the post office, It's just a guess, but I invite everyone to perform some shamanic dance every morning until we end up with a fully fledged post-office set !

Thanks for the warm welcome ;)