Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

At me douple sided heads are just brilliant. id like if LEGO would do more of those.

Anyways, back to the topic. Im maby gonna get that police boat, but what i am really disapointted is at there isnt police bike or police car in this year :( Also i wish there have been some Fire sets and that new modular building

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

At me douple sided heads are just brilliant. id like if LEGO would do more of those.

Anyways, bas to the topic. Im maby gonna get that police boat, but what i am really disapointted is at there isnt police bike or police car in this year :( Also i wish there have been some Fire sets and that new modular building

Captain Becker

I already picked up the K-9 van.... 2 days after it was released in stores

yes the dog looks goofy, but animals are still animals and we need more selection.... any one see a lego cat..... it is small but as functional as a bird brick...LOL :wacko::tongue:

but the K-9 dog looks like you could use that one brick top on his back for function later on... lets see if lego will make a seeing eye dog and blind person fig for the next 16 bags

Edited by exon_from_youtube

Has anyone heard anything else about the space sets? I have already assumed they would not be released until the rest of the 2011 sets but I was sort of hoping for some more pics.

And sticking on the police theme, I think I would be able to convert one of the HQ sets into a Mission control building, I haven't decided whether to use the new one or the old one yet. I guess a lot of it depends how many parts are stickered or printed (Plain parts are better than printed one in my case).

After reading the whole thread and making sense for myself from the one thing or the other, I can finally put some opinion here.

I like City - always did, always will. But what I don't understand is why TLG is so up to Fire and Police - even Airport has more sets compared to other subthemes which are barely touched or not even yet implemented.

I don't think that we need a Space theme - the last one didn't went well (in my opinion). And Spaceports are not very common in a normal city. But maybe the collector's needs are different then those of a normal customer.

I guess, that all the City fans want a regular city, with houses, shops and so on and normal customers want some action - so Fire, Police and Space.

If you have bought every set in the current city line you have 3 Firestations and soon 3 Policestations as well as 2 Trainstations (not counting the smaller ones included in trainsets) and 2 Airports.

So, we have a very busy city which can be set somewhere between Düsseldorf and Paris. But nobody is living there as we don't have any houses. So, we only need one Hospital, as visitors normally don't get injured.

Yes, there is some sarcasm in here. :-)

I am not disappointed with the new sets. They fit the line and they look good. There is just something missing. As far as I remember, the line started 2005 - enough time to create some civilian stuff. We only have some exclusive items and some shops - if we want houses, we need to build them on our own or take them from older series or Creator. I don't mind doing that, but I would prefer putting my creativity in city layout and not house architecture :-)

Has anyone heard anything else about the space sets? I have already assumed they would not be released until the rest of the 2011 sets but I was sort of hoping for some more pics.

And sticking on the police theme, I think I would be able to convert one of the HQ sets into a Mission control building, I haven't decided whether to use the new one or the old one yet. I guess a lot of it depends how many parts are stickered or printed (Plain parts are better than printed one in my case).

some are already listed in the 2011 catalog bro.... the last addition of the space shuttle take off pad(yes it is the last one, I heard that they will be moving that set into the new millennium with the new rocket assist shuttle NASA plans to use soon)

but yes, Talked to customer service(North America) today to hunt down yellow hands for my army men project in the works(they could not help because the hands are a part of the upper body part) and they said most space/ports will be on the tally by 2nd quarter 2011.

on a side note, if any one has hands or knows a place for them, please PM me or reply to this post :blush:

but the K-9 dog looks like you could use that one brick top on his back for function later on... lets see if lego will make a seeing eye dog and blind person fig for the next 16 bags

Doubt they will do but here's a shameless plug to one I made a while ago: Blind Man :tongue:

Doubt they will do but here's a shameless plug to one I made a while ago: Blind Man :tongue:

Thats almost right on... but I was in the hopes that the dog would get a back pack or harness..... that is if lego ever come out with one:blush:

I got the minifigures pack yesterday and the dog and the robber's backpack make this set worth the 10$ price! The police officers are nothing special, but that dog!!! :wub:

I got the minifigures pack yesterday and the dog and the robber's backpack make this set worth the 10$ price! The police officers are nothing special, but that dog!!! :wub:

Yup... cant wait till dec. 3rd to open the K9 unit my self :sweet:

pTRU1-8991802_alternate1_dt.jpg

here are my reviews

Ok, great vids, but as a fellow youtuber, I have to tell you two things.....

1: lighting.....the more the better

2: As close to white or less dark backgrounds and table areas....

other then that you did a fine job... Keep bricking and check out my channel(I would like to have some lego people as friends for when I drop the ball in the coming months with my city layout made 100% for cyber control) I dont have legos on it yet and have not uploaded anything new in a couple months, but I have great content :classic:

Here's a review of the Prisoner Transport 7286. This is what convinced my into buying mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZB7slEylbc?fs=1&hl=en_US

'>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZB7slEylbc?fs=1&hl=en_US

EDIT: Made the link an actual link.

Edited by Jay Sathe

I'll probaly going to buy them all, my wallet is already crying for mercy :tongue: The boat looks much better than the early prelimary pics. Still a few days/weeks and they're also here :laugh:

What is wrong with minifig leg? It looks more blocky... Bad Photoshoping maybe?

No, it's the foot of the minifig's right leg. Don't you know your minifig anatomy? :grin:

What is wrong with minifig leg? It looks more blocky... Bad Photoshoping maybe?

It's his back leg sticking out. It's just a really strange angle, but it's normal legs. When I first saw that picture that jumped out at me as well.

Good find 'The Red Brick', interesting little lunar vehicle, except it's wheels are on fixed axles unlike a real one.

Why do I get the feeling this is using ideas, etc., from Mars Mission.....might just be me I guess ! :wink:

Keep on waiting for 2011 ! :sweet:

Thanks 'The Red Brick'for finding this picture, This is the ugliest set from the space sub-theme IMO. But that doesn't mean it is a bad set, just not as good as the others. I hope the space shuttle fit's this one in the cargo bay so you can transport this one to the moon or another planet :tongue: