Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

Someone on Flickr has a review up of 7286 Prisoner Transport. Really great pics.

The new backpack and windscreen are sexyfine, but of course we already knew that. :tongue:

WOW, does that truck have the rollerdoor pieces last seen in the 2005 fire truck set? If so, cool, I want some of those parts but dont want to pay BL prices for them :)

I got to check all of the new Police sets out yesterday in TRU, and although I actually went home with the Pharaoh's Quest biplane set, my observations are as follows:

7279 Police Minifig Collection -- REALLY wished we got one of the blue shirt-n-tie detective figs here. Who really needs more cops? Possibly the biggest draw here is the dog and the new crook with the jacket, but can't help but think this could've been better.

7285 Police Dog Assignment -- Not a bad set for $12-- It's kind of a weird truck and I prefer the K-9 unit from the last police station, but still seems like a bargain for the price. I'll definitely grab one of these at some point.

7286 Prison Transport -- What's not to love? Great van, a criminal, a nice motorcycle... great playability and functionality for a pretty small set. I was very close to taking this one, but figured it might show up in one of the department stores at a cheaper price before Christmas.

7287 Police Boat -- AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!! :classic: I've often said that I just didn't see my city as a coastal town, but between the rumor of harbor sets and now this beauty, I think my latitude and longitude may have shifted. FANTASTIC SET, great design, great playability-- I will DEFINITELY be getting this boat. It's got such a great aesthetic design up close, and I was very suprised at the large staging area behind the bridge that you just don't see in the pictures. My boys in blue are going to be hitting the waves in this thing for sure.

7288 Police Truck -- Again, a tempting offer. I just grabbed the Police Command Centre in the spring and would have waited had I known this was coming. Still, I just don't see the need for it. If I cover up the motorcycle and blue-shirt detective with my finger, I just find this less appealing. Ahh well, can't win 'em all.

7498 Police Station -- Seems like SUCH a clone of the last one. Would've preferred they'd gone an entirely different route here.

Thank you very much for the final picture of the Police Boat, Darth Jar Jar! :classic:

The exterior of the Police Boat looks amazing. :thumbup:

But its interior is a huge let-down (since there is no interior). :thumbdown:

So I very supposably won't buy this set.

NEWS:

I found these two new sets we already saw in an earlier list now confirmed:

3648 Police Chase (I think 18-30 Euros)

3661 Bank & Money Transfer (I think 50-60 Euros)

Both shall already be released in January! :oh:

Judging from the prices (the same site gives), the harbor will be about the same size like the previous harbor (from 2007), the fishing boat won't be that huge and the speed boat will only be very little (supposably about the same size or a bit bigger like the prisoner's boat in the new Police Boat).

The only set I miss on this list is the by Ferdik mentioned yacht.

Possibly this will be the June limited set (like this year's Lego Truck)?

----------

It's great to read that we after more than one decade will finally get a new bank! :wub:

Since this set won't be that small, there is a big chance that the bank will be decent (I won't expect it to be set on a 32x16 plate - but being as big as the pizzeria in 7641). And an armored car is supposably included in this set, too (since with "mony transfer" surely a vehicle is meant)! :thumbup:

Do you think that - if this set (3661) will be about the same size like 7641 (which I suppose it to be) - it'll even include something apart from the bank and an armored car? Maybe a kiosk or snack bar?

Police Chase? That sounds interesting. :classic: But what could that be? Perhaps a prisoner in a civilian car, a police car and a police motorcycle?

I really hope that we'll get some pics of 3661 and 3648 soon! (Since they already shall be released in January, this shouldn't take too long until we'll get some pics.)

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for the final picture of the Police Boat, Darth Jar Jar! :classic:

The exterior of the Police Boat looks amazing. :thumbup:

But its interior is a huge let-down (since there is no interior). :thumbdown:

So I very supposably won't buy this set.

NEWS:

I found these two new sets we already saw in an earlier list now confirmed:

3458 Police Chase (I think 18-30 Euros)

3661 Bank & Money Transfer (I think 50-60 Euros)

Both shall already be released in January! :oh:

Judging from the prices (the same site gives), the harbor will be about the same size like the previous harbor (from 2007), the fishing boat won't be that huge and the speed boat will only be very little (supposably about the same size or a bit bigger like the prisoner's boat in the new Police Boat).

The only set I miss on this list is the by Ferdik mentioned yacht.

Possibly this will be the June limited set (like this year's Lego Truck)?

----------

It's great to read that we after more than one decade will finally get a new bank! :wub:

Since this set won't be that small, there is a big chance that the bank will be decent (I won't expect it to be set on a 32x16 plate - but being as big as the pizzeria in 7641). And an armored car is supposably included in this set, too (since with "mony transfer" surely a vehicle is meant)! :thumbup:

Do you think that - if this set (3661) will be about the same size like 7641 (which I suppose it to be) - it'll even include something apart from the bank and an armored car? Maybe a kiosk or snack bar?

Police Chase? That sounds interesting. :classic: But what could that be? Perhaps a prisoner in a civilian car, a police car and a police motorcycle?

I really hope that we'll get some pics of 3661 and 3648 soon! (Since they already shall be released in January, this shouldn't take too long until we'll get some pics.)

Klaus-Dieter

You sure none of that is Duplo...?

January....but those two sets are not due until mid-year, though from the past few years a yearly subtheme i.e. fire gets release all at once, so maybe it is January. I wonder if we can get some confirmation as well as pictures.

Footnote - Duplo numbers for 2011 start with the number 5.

Keep on wishing for 2011 ! :sweet:

January....but those two sets are not due until mid-year, though from the past few years a yearly subtheme i.e. fire gets release all at once, so maybe it is January. I wonder if we can get some confirmation as well as pictures.

Well, since the Bank & Money Transfer will suppoably be more a civilian set, perhaps they even mixed the release date for 3661 up and it's June (not January).

But for 3648 I could well imagine it being released in January. Looking at the price it seems to be about the same price like the 3222 Helicopter And Limousine which was released at the beginning of the year, too.

If I remember correctly, we got pics of 3222 firstly very late the year. So this will be the same case here, too. But - like already mentioned - since this year is soon over, this shouldn't take too long.

Klaus-Dieter

Both of these sound VERY promising....! Bank sounds like a great addition to the skyline of the City, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of playability involved as well.

Is it me, or does 2011 seem to be shaping up as a great year for the criminals of Lego City??

Both of these sound VERY promising....! Bank sounds like a great addition to the skyline of the City, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of playability involved as well.

Is it me, or does 2011 seem to be shaping up as a great year for the criminals of Lego City??

Gotta have a bank for all of those 'bank robbers' to rob! :laugh:

Edited by Ogre

Another set on the never ending list :tongue: I hope it comes with an armored car like the previous one from world city only more updated :classic:

i just bought 7286 and on the back of the instructions it says that the lego city videogame will come out in the fall of 2011!, and a code for i don't work i also saw the new police station, if anyone owns it please take a picture of the new bone.

edit the link does not work

Edited by r4-g9

i just bought 7286 and on the back of the instructions it says that the lego city videogame will come out in the fall of 2011!, and a code for i don't work i also saw the new police station, if anyone owns it please take a picture of the new bone.

Lego CITY video game??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I swear I have heard off that some other time or there is a topic about it im not sure though.

THe announcment of a city video game was made months ago, well I reaaded about it in an article on brickwiki :tongue: And another thing on my list :laugh:

Guys, I am really sorry, I've got the new Police Station and really would like to do a review, but for some reason my pc will not transfer photos from my camera. I feel awful, because I know a lot of you are wanting to see a review. I'm going to dinner tomorrow at a friend's place and will take my camera with me and try to post something then. Yes, there is a new bone piece for the dog, and a yellow dish. There is also a 1x2 plate with a clip that I haven't seen before. So with a little luck I'll have a review up sometime tomorrow!

Gotta have a bank for all of those 'bank robbers' to rob! :laugh:

:laugh:

All they have now is a small ATM. :tongue::sadnew:

High Res image of the Creator Log Cabin.

Picture is a Link! 2800pxl+

c_5766_detail_1_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by grogall

High Res image of the Creator Log Cabin.

Picture is a Link! 2800pxl+

*snip*

Thanks for the Hi-Res picture, grogall. :thumbup:

~buddy~

and more High Res images

all pictures link to 2800pxl.+ images!

d_7279_detail_1_800.jpg

d_7285_detail_1_800.jpg

d_7286_detail_1_800.jpg

d_7288_detail_1_800.jpg

d_7498_detail_1_800.jpg

I like them! :cry_happy:

But I've got a bit of a wee hard question:is the barrier in the prisoner van set new?

MATT

I don't think so I think its just printed or dare I say DSS :cry_sad: