Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

*oh2*

A minifig in a Creator House set? Now, that's good!

My first thoughts on the 2011 batch is more positive than negative. We'll just have to wait and see more detailed photos for a better perspective I guess.

White bike... :wub:

*oh2*

I can't wait for these sets. I've quit Star Wars (Nasty habit, that) and have switched to mainly city. These seem to be a great way to beef up my fledgling city a bit! I also cannot wait for the space sets. The moon lander sounds pretty nice.

Did anyone notice that they are using the Atlantis helmets in white with gold visors for the astronauts?

Did anyone notice that they are using the Atlantis helmets in white with gold visors for the astronauts?

Yeah. I was expecting that helmet to be re-used. I like it, I think it suits the purpose well.

Hmm..that rocket on the launchpad has an odd shaped nose.

FWIW, pictured below is the Atlas V rocket operated by ULA. The odd shaped nose you refer to is the larger diameter payload fairing. Obviously not the exact rocket LEGO built, but the larger diameter fairing is realistic.

Atlas-V-NASA1.jpg

I really like the new Creator house, 5766 Block House (Cabin) with Minifigure!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig/misc/2011/creator_log_cabin.jpg

Can't wait! :thumbup:

I really don't like it, I mean are creator houses supposed to have minifigs?

Its new, and I hate it! :angry:

Edit by WhiteFang: Removed deeplink preliminary confidential TLG images.

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed deeplink preliminary image

Now that creator house I like and with be adding to the 2011 shopping list.....thanks 'grogall' but you shouldn't have directly posted a CONFIDENTAL image though (deep link it)....I must speak to a MOD again to save us from any problems with TLC.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I really like the new Creator house, 5766 Block House (Cabin) with Minifigure!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig/misc/2011/creator_log_cabin.jpg

Can't wait! :thumbup:

Is that my log cabin wish come true, after all???? I see there's some blue plate on the alternate models-- Does it have a little dock??

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed deeplink preliminary image

Is that my log cabin wish come true, after all???? I see there's some blue plate on the alternate models-- Does it have a little dock??

You can see the blue plate on the right edge of the main model too, under the canoe/kayak.

This cabin is definitely my favorite of all these new sets, and it isn't even truly a "City"-line set! My only complaint thus far is that the 'logs' are rectangular?!

Edited by vlai23

Wow... talk about a boring Jan-March 2011 for the City theme!

I know LEGO has to repeat Police sets every 3 years, but god could they be anymore of a lame rehash?!

The station looks like the last one, the truck doesn't look special or different, the big van doesn't look different, just a bore! the boat looks OK, but just a blue version of the last few boats LEGO has made with that hull piece.

The City Space is nice that it's different, do we have pictures of the moon buggy? However they just don't have a special feeling like Space Port had (and still has), I like them for the most part but they aren't as "magical" as I hoped if that makes since. The little rocket set with the van is nice, most likely will buy that and replace the red with blue to match the Space Port sets.

The shuttle is just a mess. :laugh: Thank god for the amazing $100 version we got this year.

I like the police van and is thar dirt bike in red? :thumbup: The space sets are ok I hope if not 2H2011 in 2012 we will get a shutte transtort like 6346 or 6544. :thumbup: for the truck they could just make the truck from 7747 white.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

These images are marked 'Confidential' so please change them to deep links!

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed preliminary images

I have spent quite a fair bit of time to amend all of the quoted and quoted TLG preliminary confidential images... I know all of us are excited including myself but please remember that such actions are forbidden. Thanks.

WhiteFang

I have spent quite a fair bit of time to amend all of the quoted and quoted TLG preliminary confidential images...

Bottom of page 8 :devil::wink:

Honestly, that Space stuff isn't tickling my LEGO bone. (take that how you will) It all looks too kid-themed... that space shuttle looks straight out of Duplo and even the rocket looks a little baby-ish to me for some reason. ESPECIALLY when compared to the fantastic Space shuttle we already have from 2010.

I'm not writing them off yet, I want to see better pics. But for now, I'm hesitant. :sceptic:

Oh I thought I saw the City Space set Pictures there ???

Links to preliminary pictures are ok, deeplinks (so that pics show up on the page) are not allowed.

The Block House doesn't seem to be nearly as large as the other Creator sets, also-- could we dare to dream a $20 USD Creator house?? (Probably closer to 25?)

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

I agree that the police sets are quite boring. I haven't got a modern police station yet, though, so I might pick that up - especially as the space theme really doesn't do it for me. What does that have to do with "city", anyway?

But on another note - it's nice that not all new sets are as exciting as many were this year. It means that I can save some money and maybe pick up some BrickLink orders instead and focus on some MOC'ing - haven't done too much of that since my dark ages :)

That log cabin is sweet, by the way.

Edited by L@go