Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

The trap me ample time to lego always falls on the repetition of lego city.

every three years police, firefighters.

Every few years a hospital.

Lego should there be of steps away and create something new.

Sample a city and a supermarket and bank.

Or snack bar and pizza shop.

Has so many new things to invent.

A city monorail that is also a lot of people and new trains and wagon.

So Lego Wake up and do something about it here.

Greetings.

Lego Milk

I'm sorry to say this but did you sleep the last few years! City got tons of new and original sets that haven't been released for decades or even't haven been released for years. The new public transport, city house, street corner, city minifig pack, sport and smart cars, and not to forget one of the most important FARM! a subtheme that was never released before. So Lego has woken up right now and they listen to us, but some people don't see that :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Brickviller

Thank you very much for this rumor information, Cwetqo! :classic:

A yacht and a ferry would be completely awesome! :oh:

I could well imagine a yacht to be about 30 Euros and be sold as the limited edtition set in June.

A ferry sounds very likely because of three reasons:

1. To my knowledge the Creator ferry (which was released some years ago) was sold very well. So why shouldn't a ferry in the City theme sell very well, too?!

2. Always only releasing the same sets but in different colors or with only minimum changes does get really boring. So a ferry would be a great variety to only container ship. (This does not consequently mean that there won't be a container ship, too.)

3. A ferry would connect the "only" transportation theme with the more civilian theme - it would connect cargo transport with civilian transport (since not only cargo and vehicles are transported by a ferry but even passengers).

A ferry could either be sold as a seperate set or - which is imo much more likely - as the main part of the new big harbor set.

So a possible list of imo possible sets for summer 2011 might be:

June:

Yacht (limited edition) (30 Euros)

yacht and family (mother, father and son/daughter)

July/August/September:

-Harbor (90 Euros)

ferry (with bridge and - if we've got much luck - even a small room where the passengers rest during the trip (e. g. a small cafe or bistro)), small pier with gate, white-green truck, civilian car (hopefully with roof, car doors and in blue or black color), captain, harbor worker, truck driver and car driver

-Cargo Ship (50 Euros)

cargo ship (with bridge and engine room) with some containers, captain and two harbor workers

-Beach (20-30 Euros)

beach with small coastguard watchtower, - if we've got much luck - maybe even a small beach bar, some sun umbrellas and sunloungers, a surfboard with sails, a palm, a CG watchman, a woman and a man, maybe even another woman and some kid(s)

-Ice Vendor (3-10 Euros)

either ice vendor with street car (3 Euros)

or ice vendor with car (10 Euros)

If these will be the sets TLG will release in summer 2011, this would be absolutely :wub: :wub: :wub: !

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

for me absoluty amazing ideas!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Even if a bank, a pizza shop or a snack bar are things we have already seen in Lego, a supermarket would be amazing and a great touch to the civilian sub-theme :wink:

Greetings.

Lego Milk

Pizza shop? The city corner had a pizza shop! :sceptic:

A chance meeting a Lego rep today I was able to find out a little on the NEW police station, it has at least one rollerdoor, plus it's still as large as the 2008 one and there is lots of new SMALL details to this new station. Sorry that's all the details I could obtain from him.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Wow looks like a particularly weak lineup :sadnew: for 2011 City, compared to the years since 2007 (where IMO it turned brilliant). Maybe it was all a dream and LEGO is still stuck in a rut (of Fire/Police/Construction......) :laugh:

The space sets sound nice, but I was always more a fantasy space theme person as over in the sci-fi fourm. These real life sets sound nice but for how long, After all the space shuttle is scheduled for retirement very soon, I was never a fan of it in LEGO form, compared to other fantasy space ships, it was just plain :grin:

A nautical subtheme would be great, with possible remakes of such classic sets like Sail N Fly Marina (club sticker again! :grin:) and Cabin Cruiser, etc :thumbup:

Thanks for all the news :classic:

Greetings.

Lego Milk

I'm sorry to say this but did you sleep the last few years! City got tons of new and original sets that haven't been released for decades or even't haven been released for years. The new public transport, city house, street corner, city minifig pack, sport and smart cars, and not to forget one of the most important FARM! a subtheme that was never released before. So Lego has woken up right now and they listen to us, but some people don't see that :hmpf_bad:

I have to agree with you both, Lego Milk as well as Brickviller!

On the one hand in the last year TLG gave us really great and extraoridnary City sets - mainly 10184 and 7641, but even other great sets.

And even 2011 shows us that we get amazing Space sets (which haven't been there for a decade) and Police sets in much better design and with a bit of civilian stuff included.

On the other hand this year (2010) isn't that exciting and extraordinary like the last years: new Fire, new Airport, new Trains and many, many vehicles. Of course the most of these vehicles are designed perfectly and it would even be a pity if TLG didn't release them. But for me, this year is too "vehicle only": the only three decent buildings we got were the fire station, the airport and the City House. And the City House was the only civilian oriented and since very long not released set. Consequently more buildings are needed.

Plus look at which we already know for 2011: Police and Space. Police for the kids - ok. But although the new Space sets look amazing, you could really discuss whether there wouldn't be much more exciting sets and themes which have never been done before or at least not since a long time ago (e. g. a zoo theme, a TV theme, a forest theme, a beach theme, a bank, a cafe, a snack bar, a hotel, a Lego Store, a post office, a shopping center, a cargo center etc. etc. etc.).

And until now it seems as if there won't be any new Farm sets for 2011. If that'll be the case, this would be a shame since there is already that much left which TLG could and should release.

Even if a bank, a pizza shop or a snack bar are things we have already seen in Lego, a supermarket would be amazing and a great touch to the civilian sub-theme :wink:

I totally agree with you, BlueBard!

Perhaps we've got luck and we'll see it as the small July/August Exclusive (for about 40-70 Euros). But then I hope it really will be decent: big (set on a 16x32 baseplate), with decent interior, many food and drinks, a delivery truck and some civilians with shopping carts. That would be a dream becoming real!

A chance meeting a Lego rep today I was able to find out a little on the NEW police station, it has at least one rollerdoor, plus it's still as large as the 2008 one and there is lots of new SMALL details to this new station. Sorry that's all the details I could obtain from him.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thank you very much for this informtation, lightningtiger! :classic:

Like I (think) I already have mentioned in my first post in this topic, I can confirm that the police station will include roller doors - exactly two.

In general, the prison cells seemed to look very similar to the ones from the current police station and the garages to the ones of the garages of the current police station. Only the main building (with the offices) looked absolutely differnt (a bit similar to the lighttower in the CG set from 2008 - but with heliport (without heli) on top).

"Lots of small details" sounds very exciting! I can confirm that only by mentioning that I saw a white bicycle and a light-blue jewel. But other than these ... perhaps there are some small details in its interior - that would be great.

A nautical subtheme would be great, with possible remakes of such classic sets like Sail N Fly Marina (club sticker again! :grin:) and Cabin Cruiser, etc :thumbup:

Thanks for all the news :classic:

You're welcome, Macoco! :classic:

Well, if there'll be a nautical theme in 2011, a yacht is very supposable.

But for a re-design of the Sail N Fly Marina I regrettably see no chance - at least not for it being released (as a non-exclusive set) in 2011. Harbour was always more cargo based than civilian. And I bet that that'll take its way into the future, too. Nevertheless some smaller civilian Harbor sets might imo be not excluded: perhaps a small beach scene or a surfer with car - but not a whole, big, decent civilian harbor set.

Nevertheless I might be wrong. At least I hope I'm wrong.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Police Mobile Command Center (? 40 Euros)

-police mobile command center (similar to 7743) with car doors (but without additional building and without quad bike)

-red cabriolet

-? police motorcycle

-new policeman, policeman, prisoner, ? additional policeman

I really hope they change the colour on the cabriolet to green or blue or anything other than red and yellow. Dark red would even be better. City cars are all starting to look the same. even if the design is different the lack of colour variety just looks weird. black, grey, light pearl gold, nougat,anything but red and yellow please Lego. :sceptic:

There are some more details about the upcoming 2011 sets (City and other) in German here, if a German member would be so kind as to provide a better translation than Google! :wink:

There are some more details about the upcoming 2011 sets (City and other) in German here, if a German member would be so kind as to provide a better translation than Google! :wink:

A white bicycle sounds nice, but I won't buy the new police station I think. And I'm really looking forward to the new minifigure series. A bikeracer, rapper, girl with snowboard etc. Sounds like cool figs.

Wow, thanks for that link! Personally, I'm more interested in the information about other themes than the City information, but still...

The "police minifigs collection" puzzles me. I would buy it if it came out, providing it sticks to its description, but that sounds awfully similar to a City-themed battle pack. I don't mind that, actually. :classic:

The space port stuff in that link sounds interesting.

And a brand new Egyptian theme. Could be cool.

GOOGLE TRANSLATION, for whomever might want it:

Ahoy,

although I'm not sure if I here the pictures of the new sets that can post appear in the first half of 2011 and therefore leave, I would like to introduce you to the next novelty short and give one or the other set, and my two cents .

I'll mention for the sake of completeness, the uninteresting for most sets of short, being limited to the news only to the normal LEGO program and I have received no information on exclusive products. The above rates are EIAs and are indicative.

So, now it starts but:

Lego Duplo:

5681 Police Station € 59.99

5680 police van € 19.99

5679 motorcycle policeman € 9.99

5678 cop € 4.99

The classic police issue. Nothing really moving, but solid play value.

The van with a new form of the hood, which is somewhat reminiscent of old trucks from MAN. Only not quite so long. I think Borgward and DKW also once had a van in the program, which could have been technical sponsor form.

Related:

5682 Fire Truck € 29.99 - with Light and Sound

More Duplo sets:

5684 Car Transporter 29.99 - although equipped with two small cars, but very appealing mMnnicht

5685 vet € 4.99 - a small set of unknown to me hare

5683 stall 24.99 - By car, cat, figures and a few bells and whistles, such as bread, corn and various printed stones

As the release date of January 2011 called.

In March next appear in duplo Winnie the Pooh-range 3-sets:

5947 Winnie Waldhaus € 29.99

Winnies Picnic 5945 € 9.99

5946 trip with Tigger and Piglet € 19.99

All three sets are considered to be quite nice and certainly attract new fans to the Duplo camp.

Also for the January 5 new Atlantis Sts have been announced, wait on some very cool new pieces:

7985 Temple of Atlantis € 69.99

- Very chic! 2x2 round stones, which are ribbed on the body and render as column elements. Next, the set contains a military statue and two new Atlantis residents. A man and a crab erin ground to a monkfish protagonists. The ornamental fish from the old Ninja-sets can also be found at the temple. An 8-blade propeller I've come not as a loosely to seeing debris element.

7984 drilling submarine € 29.99

- Hmmm, chic golden armor element, something Säulenkram with the new round stones, a small additional mini-submarine, with a new drill and a hammerhead shark-like creature nice, but I'm not a fan of this great drill part, which built the main model was. I liked not been in power .... Miners But the tastes are so different.

7978 attack of the sea devil € 19.99

- Again with column elements, a golden helmet (this should probably be collected That there were even times when the Knights!), A monkfish-being and a great angler, who comes along with old green dragon wings as fins. Personally I like pretty well, but let's see how the part looks like in real life.

7977 Unterwassserläufer 9.99

- Again with the hammerhead shark figure and of course a column fragment. Like this, if I have to say it flat. Skin do not wait for the stool, as I have many runners from other subject areas was also not great, but.

7976 Tiefseejet € 4.99

- Small and cute. As for in between.

The Hero-saving kits I now at this, even if they are to appear in January. Sorry, but I can start with something at all. If however you want, I ask again later before.

It continues with an update on the police issue in the city area. In my opinion, unnecessary, but apparently it is important to bring all two, three years of new police stations, fire departments and the like on the market. Sorry, the current police station, I still find enough and nice, what Lego does not prevent but with a few new elements to offer incentives to buy, perhaps.

7498 Police Station € 99.99

- Two garage doors, about prison cells to the right a three-story administration building. Nice, but I liked it better the old station. A white bicycle and a revised dog can be found here. A prison inmate also has a crowbar in his hand. Two small cars round out the set.

7288 Police Truck € 39.99

-Nothing new. (With a small sports car and a police motorcycle)

7279 police minifigs collection € 7.99

- With ATM, stroller and two crooks and two policemen. Well, somehow I feel that I have more police officers than civilians ...

7286 prisoner transport € 16.99

- Revised and the first set of the series, which I think is really good. Enduro with orange and a kind of backpack / messenger bag for the loot of the convict.

7285 police dog use € 9.99

- Maybe I should save me time in between comments, so it is clearer, but I think there have to it by now! Nice idea, but the vehicle from the front looks a bit bulky. It also seems this is a new part to have been built.

Continue with 5 Technic sets in January and a Technic set in March.

January:

8069 Backhoe Loader € 49.99

8068 Rescue Helicopter € 29.99

8067 Mobile Mini-crane 19.99

8065 Mini Dump Truck € 9.99

8066 SUV € 14.99

- This raises for me the question, why be brought only in January Technic sets on the market that also sold like hot cakes in the Christmas season would have found! Not everyone can afford big sets and sometimes even small gifts sought. Too bad, but then Lego brings itself to customer satisfaction.

In March, then comes back with

8070 Super Car € 109.99

a kit on the market that appeals to me not so much. Per-PF motor to open hood and doors, and adjustable rear spoiler. Why? The four-speed circuit is nice, but we had already in the timeless 8880, right?

But on with the announcement last January along with new stones uninteresting boxes:

The third mini-figure series! In fast-forward:

Hawaiian (with the Mexicans familiar rattle in brown and a bast skirt), chief Mandschurin fighters, adventure pilot (nice face), fishing with rod and fish, half man - half robot - entity, snowboarder (pink helmet) racer, rapper, Elf, sumo wrestlers and a cup of Karateka, Alien (as in police-Spac with goggle eyes, mummy scorpion athlete?, baseball player with bat and Gorilla with banana.

A two failures, but MMN solid series. The fourth series the way, is scheduled for April.

For the February appears Creator sets the same way we Technic for the stuff, why only now?

5766 Block House € 29.99

- Looks a bit like a gingerbread house and seems to have a dark pink roof. Lime green window and a light green base. There were certainly more beautiful homes .... But this time a mini-figure with a kayak is.

5765 Low Loader with Helicopter € 19.99

5764 Robot € 14.99

5763 Buggy € 9.99

5761 Mini Excavators € 4.99

5762 mini airplane € 4.99

Can you still, or shall I call it quits?

The new Star Wars sets have been mentioned already. The reason I skip.

But now all new things!

Ninjago!

Ne mix of Beyblades and trading card game. On a disk are characters with different weapons, you can let them fight against each. The disc seems to have put himself in the rotation and there are a variety of new weapons in the sets. Inter alia a large bone, katana, swords, spears in damask-look, a short chain and something like a war hammer. Lego praises the parts as a low-price products, and I think € 9.99 per figure with accessories already quite steep. Maybe I have but only enough money for that. There are 12 different characters to purchase individually. I like to alternate as needed by one.

There are then also suitable Speilsets:

2260 Ice Dragon € 19.99

- Exo-Force meets Ninja

2263 Turbo Shredder € 29.99

- Creepy

2505 Garmadons fortress € 69.99

- I hope there is pictures soon so you can see the stuff too!

2504 Spinjitzu Training Centre € 39.99

- The name says it all!

2516 Ninja outpost € 4.99

2258 Ninja ambush € 6.99

2259 Skeleton Chopper € 14.99

- Worth noting that Lego has here provided a skeleton with a helmet, which is strongly reminiscent of a Wehrmacht helmet.

You notice already, I'm skeptical!

In March, as spring is also a bargain for the price of 19.99 € plizeiboot instead of € 29.99 on the market. (7287) Well, there was even more beautiful models.

Two topics and you made it!

In April, the question of Egypt come with the Pharaoh Quest series and in the city area or a space station.

The Egypt-Sts are at first sight very impressive, and something bothers me that there is a lot of shooting and fighting. Here you can also collect different things like Atlantis, which are housed in the different sets. As new parts of me fall on wings, knives, Priesersta, beetles, and a higher base. (I hope things are printed and not to decorate with stickers!

7327 pyramid of Pharaoh € 99.99 (including half-track)

7325 Enchanted cobra € 29.99

7307 Duel in the air 19.99 (Toller Double Decker)

7306 Race for the gold bar € 9.99

7305 attack of scarab € 4.99

7326 Mysterious Sphinx € 49.99

In the Welraumsets falls on the first of the major space-port. Looks nice. Despite a number of molded parts for the rocket. The Shuttle has to have that at all not like small airplane cockpit and the sets and the moon buggy Satelittenstartrampe potential.

3368 Missile Base € 59.99

3367 Shuttle 29.99

3366 Satelittenstartrampe 16.99

3365 moon-buggy € 4.99

Only the sake of completeness quickly mentioned the new Lego games:

3856 Ninjago Temple € 24.99

Sunblock 3852 € 9.99

3853 Go Bananas € 9.99

3854 Frog Rush € 12.99

3855 Ramses Return € 12.99

Thank you for your attention.

Regards

January

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... very interesting. Want to give full credit to Fugazi again for the find.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

The police sets sound less and less appealing. The Egyptian theme sounds great. more stuff for Johnny Thunder to explore and sell to the city museum.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

The police "battle pack" sounds interesting, although I certainly don't need any more policemen in my town. It's nice to see TLC continuing this concept of a small set with 5-6 figures and some accessories.

In terms of City stuff, it's disappointing to see rehashes of previous themes (police, Space Port) rather than some new stuff.

I did enjoy this phrase in the description of the series 3 collectible figs:

mummy scorpion athlete

HA! I have no idea what that is, but I know I want one!! I'm assuming there's probably a comma missing in there somewhere? Punctuation is important, kids!

I wonder if Johnny Thunder will be returning for the Egypt sets? I kind of doubt it, but still, it'd be great to see him back again.

This is the topic for the CITY Sets. not the Egypt theme.

HA! I have no idea what that is, but I know I want one!! I'm assuming there's probably a comma missing in there somewhere? Punctuation is important, kids!

If you check the original post you'll see that it says "Mumie mit Skorpion, Sportlerin?". Google translation can be good but sometimes it's better to take a look at the original source too. :wink: (Mummy with scorpion, Female athlete (Tennis player according to nausicaakro ))

I'm really interested in the Block House:

5766 Block House € 29.99

- Looks a bit like a gingerbread house and seems to have a dark pink roof. Lime green window and a light green base. There were certainly more beautiful homes .... But this time a mini-figure with a kayak is.

I wonder how that kayak will look.

new pics from city 2011

Edit by WhiteFang: Removed deeplink preliminary confidential TLG images.

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed deeplink preliminary images

new pics from city 2011

*sniparoo*

It looks like Hawk was right. That dog is a new mold! :oh3:

Hmm well same old same old, it would seem...

But I'm sorry to say that these pics are branded 'confidential', I don't think we're allowed to post them here as per EB's policy. :sceptic: