Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

great info on the new police sets, I agree with others that a hospital would be great. I have a great fire department in my city, but no police at all so this year would be good for me. Cant wait to see some pictures of these new sets come out.

A few sets with civillians, trees, flowers lightposts and for example a fountain would be nice... Just small things to fill you're little town!

I feel no need for extra police stuff... there is still a nice headquarter available....7744.....

I think that we will not see hospital theme in 2011.

Edited by Cwetqo

Mirandir already mentioned a long time ago that there won't be a new hospital or Hospital theme sooner than 2011. Apart from that, a new Hospital, RESQ or CG theme surely will be released in winter or spring - and not in summer.

I totally agree with you all concerning a new Harbor theme in summer 2011.

Reason: More than one really new theme (like 2009 Farm) or at least since a long time not released theme (like 2011 Space) can't be awaited for one year.

So I fear that we unluckily have to wait for a Zoo theme and more civilian sets until 2012.

But there surely will be elements included in a new Harbor theme which will be even civilian - like e. g. a some civilians, a yacht, if we've got much luck even a small beach or at the best a small yacht harbor. (A pleasure cruiser is absolutely excluded since it would be an Exclusive. And since we already had a big ship as an Exclusive (even when it was in the Pirate theme (10210) there for sure won't be another exclusive ship only one year after that.)

But if/when we will get a new Harbor theme in summer 2011 this consequently means that we won't get a civilian theme in 2011 and that we need a big civilian set. So it's imo very likely that we'll see a/the City Square as a big Exclusive in January 2011, don't you agree?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

But if/when we will get a new Harbor theme in summer 2011 this consequently means that we won't get a civilian theme in 2011 and that we need a big civilian set. So it's imo very likely that we'll see a/the City Square as a big Exclusive in January 2011, don't you agree?

I agree. :classic::thumbup:

Edited by Antonio

I agree also. In the last few years there was allways wery few really "civilian" sets. They were allways somehow added to other themes (buth small and red cars and yellow truck were part of traffic-garage subtheme, city corner as well, just new city house is on its own.

Edited by Cwetqo

NEWS:

Regrettably no pics yet, but at least the set numbers, set names and prices (for Germany) for the new Police sets:

7279 Police Minifigure Collection - (7 Euros) supposably 8-9 Euros in shops and at S@H

7285 Police Dog Assignment - (9 Euros) supposably 10 Euros in shops and at S@H

7286 Prison Transport - (15 Euros) supposably 17-18 Euros in shops and at S@H

7498 Police Station - (90 Euros) supposably 100 Euros in shops and at S@H

???? Police Truck - (35 Euros) supposably 40 Euros in shops and at S@H

Klaus-Dieter

NEWS:

Regrettably no pics yet, but at least the set numbers, set names and prices (for Germany) for the new Police sets:

7279 Police Minifigure Collection - (7 Euros) supposably 8-9 Euros in shops and at S@H

7285 Police Dog Assignment - (9 Euros) supposably 10 Euros in shops and at S@H

7286 Prison Transport - (15 Euros) supposably 17-18 Euros in shops and at S@H

7498 Police Station - (90 Euros) supposably 100 Euros in shops and at S@H

???? Police Truck - (35 Euros) supposably 40 Euros in shops and at S@H

Klaus-Dieter

Count me in for a minifig collection

Isn't it a bit dumb that the set number are not chronological? Maybe the new space sets have the remaining numbers, otherwise it's really weird that they've choosen these numbers

At least there is something different in the police collection....besides a new prisoner van, a dog squad and police minifig pack.....can we assume something like 4 officers with accessories ?

I guess we will still have to wait a little while longer for the pictures - that's life ! :wink:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

At least there is something different in the police collection....besides a new prisoner van, a dog squad and police minifig pack.....can we assume something like 4 officers with accessories ?

I guess we will still have to wait a little while longer for the pictures - that's life ! :wink:

Well, from which I remembered, the prelim picture showed for the Police Minifigure Collection a police officer with helmet on a quadbike, a bandit (new, grey torso) and a small automated teller or safe. This I remember very clearly for sure. But there were even two more minifigs. Maybe a regular police officer with white cap and the police officer with the new torso.

I got the info that the dealer's catalogues will arrive in about two or three weeks. I'll wait and try. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Well, from which I remembered, the prelim picture showed for the Police Minifigure Collection a police officer with helmet on a quadbike, a bandit (new, grey torso) and a small automated teller or safe. This I remember very clearly for sure. But there were even two more minifigs. Maybe a regular police officer with white cap and the police officer with the new torso.

I got the info that the dealer's catalogues will arrive in about two or three weeks. I'll wait and try. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

I would prefer a motor cycle than a quad bike, but the bandit and ATM....I wonder if he'll use C-4 to blow it up....now you gotta love watching Mythbusters eh ? :wink:

So in a few weeks, well that's about the time each year that January pictures come out, I think we need to spy on any video clips comming from Lego.....usually things are hiding in corners of rooms, sitting on shelves or a background shot.....remember the trains in the news footage also the city house appearing in part in a city display months ago ? :wink:

Other option, as mentioned above is civilan yacht/boat, which is very likely (but not in anyway confirmed, same as new ferry).

Thank you very much for this rumor information, Cwetqo! :classic:

A yacht and a ferry would be completely awesome! :oh:

I could well imagine a yacht to be about 30 Euros and be sold as the limited edtition set in June.

A ferry sounds very likely because of three reasons:

1. To my knowledge the Creator ferry (which was released some years ago) was sold very well. So why shouldn't a ferry in the City theme sell very well, too?!

2. Always only releasing the same sets but in different colors or with only minimum changes does get really boring. So a ferry would be a great variety to only container ship. (This does not consequently mean that there won't be a container ship, too.)

3. A ferry would connect the "only" transportation theme with the more civilian theme - it would connect cargo transport with civilian transport (since not only cargo and vehicles are transported by a ferry but even passengers).

A ferry could either be sold as a seperate set or - which is imo much more likely - as the main part of the new big harbor set.

So a possible list of imo possible sets for summer 2011 might be:

June:

Yacht (limited edition) (30 Euros)

yacht and family (mother, father and son/daughter)

July/August/September:

-Harbor (90 Euros)

ferry (with bridge and - if we've got much luck - even a small room where the passengers rest during the trip (e. g. a small cafe or bistro)), small pier with gate, white-green truck, civilian car (hopefully with roof, car doors and in blue or black color), captain, harbor worker, truck driver and car driver

-Cargo Ship (50 Euros)

cargo ship (with bridge and engine room) with some containers, captain and two harbor workers

-Beach (20-30 Euros)

beach with small coastguard watchtower, - if we've got much luck - maybe even a small beach bar, some sun umbrellas and sunloungers, a surfboard with sails, a palm, a CG watchman, a woman and a man, maybe even another woman and some kid(s)

-Ice Vendor (3-10 Euros)

either ice vendor with street car (3 Euros)

or ice vendor with car (10 Euros)

If these will be the sets TLG will release in summer 2011, this would be absolutely :wub: :wub: :wub: !

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I would prefer a motor cycle than a quad bike, but the bandit and ATM....I wonder if he'll use C-4 to blow it up....now you gotta love watching Mythbusters eh ? :wink:

So in a few weeks, well that's about the time each year that January pictures come out, I think we need to spy on any video clips comming from Lego.....usually things are hiding in corners of rooms, sitting on shelves or a background shot.....remember the trains in the news footage also the city house appearing in part in a city display months ago ? :wink:

I would think that if the bad guy is going to blow up the safe with anything, the dynamite piece is what he would use :)

Edited by jonwil

I would think that if the bad guy is going to blow up the safe with anything, the dynamite piece is what he would use :)

Ah, but Jamie wants big boom ! :laugh:

So when you need more.....C4 ! :devil:

Anyway, we might see a yacht next year sometime eh.....now that would be cool indeed.....maybe the beach sets of the early 90's will make a return !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Ah, but Jamie wants big boom ! :laugh:

So when you need more.....C4 ! :devil:

Anyway, we might see a yacht next year sometime eh.....now that would be cool indeed.....maybe the beach sets of the early 90's will make a return !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Forget the yacht man, I want a big trimaran!

^These are just "CITY" sets

Big modular buildings sell so damn well (sans Fire brigade) it'd be stupid for them not to continue the line...

The standard release month for the annual Modular Building is March (Fire Brigade was delayed until September 2009, but was followed up by Grand Emporium in March 2010). Rumors - or perhaps even the official announcement - should start appearing around Christmas/New Year.

The trap me ample time to lego always falls on the repetition of lego city.

every three years police, firefighters.

Every few years a hospital.

Lego should there be of steps away and create something new.

Sample a city and a supermarket and bank.

Or snack bar and pizza shop.

Has so many new things to invent.

A city monorail that is also a lot of people and new trains and wagon.

So Lego Wake up and do something about it here.

Greetings.

Lego Milk

Edited by legomilk