Blondie-Wan

852998: LEGO Birthday Party Kit

I was just checking out Shop at Home and noticed a new item I hadn't seen before. I did a quick search here and didn't find anything about it, so I guess this is the first post about it (my apologies if it actually is already being discussed here somewhere!). I'm posting it here, since I guess it qualifies as "news"...

LEGO® has the tools you need for the best birthday ever built!

Celebrate the LEGO® way with brick inspired party products! Build the perfect party with LEGO invitations, thank you cards, name stickers, building tips and trick booklets, minifigures and more!

Includes 10 each of invitation cards, thank you cards, 3D name stickers, building tips and tricks booklets, Birthday Builder Packs, Official LEGO Builder Licenses and minifigures as well as 1 pop up card and 1 magnet.

Exclusive birthday-themed minifigures

Everything comes packed in a handy kit!

The ultimate resource for LEGO fans of all ages

- from Shop at Home's product description. I've put in bold the part I think will be of most interest to people here. :wink: At the moment, though, I'm unable to get a look at them myself; the larger image(s) aren't loading on my computer at the moment.

Is anyone here familiar with this product, and if so can you tell us about the minifigures (or better yet, show them to us)?

With expensive taste like that, I want to be invited to any birthday party that has it! :wink:

852998.jpg

I gotta get this for my own birthday-party! Too bad it says that it's not available in my country :cry_sad: (and too bad my friends are all too "grown up" for this kind of party :wacko: )

For your information, this birthday party kit was sold at an official LEGO exhibition and sale event in Hong Kong. This kit is very interesting, containing:

- 10 invitation cards

- 10 thank-you cards

- 1 pop-up card platform

- 10 gift packs, each with 1 special minifig unseen before, 1 piece of "building tips & tricks" and 1 piece of "official LEGO builder licence card"...

- 1 birthday magnetic tile brick

- 10 name stickers

The price was HK$380 (before discount), which is about slightly less than US$48.

A LEGO fan, 1029, has done a review at minifigs.net in Hong Kong (Review of Birthday Kit)

More photos can be found at the author's BS: Birthday Kit BS Photos

kit_-_1_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_2_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_3_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_4_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_5_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_6_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_7_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_9_-_brickshelf_-_s.jpg

kit_-_8_-_brickshelf.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Alywin

Wow, this is something pretty interesting and unique.

Thanks Alywin for sharing the review done by a member in Minifigs.net. :thumbup:

The special birthday boy minfig looks real special. :sweet:

Looks good for a party for $60.00 U.S., with the 10 nice mini-figs which I've never seen before (birthday shirt Max?)which is a $20-$30dollar value on it's own.

In comparison for parents, I did a party earlier this year. I got a birthday party kit(BEN 10) with a lot of stuff(8 invitations, 18 balloons, 1 larger mylar balloon, 16 plates, 16 forks, 16 cups, spoons, napkins, very nice Ben 10 tablecover, 8 activity mats(w/puzzles on them, coloring, etc), a Ben 10 centerpiece, candles, 3 curling ribbon rolls, 3 rolls crepe paper, 8 gift boxes w/goodies-stickers, slime, crayons, small coloring book, Ben 10 mask, and a disk launcher) for $75.00 bucks for 8-10 kid's. I then purchase 10 mini Star Wars models (the X-wing and Republic Attack shuttles from Target) at $3.50 each for an extra goodie for the little ones.

So for parents, you make the call as to what's a better deal for your kid's party. I think if I bought the party items from my local Party Supplier shop, I would've saved a little more. So do the math on it for your own party and see what's a better deal.

Now for the AFOL, the 10 mini-figs are nice with an exclusive brick as well to add to your collection (or just get the single figure ala carte when they're made available on Bricklink or eBay I'm guessing).

Edited by LegoDad42

They give MINIFIGS at birthday parties now?! Hehe, putting myself in infant mind:

- If I was ever given a minifig at a party, I would have made sure to stay in good terms with the birthday boy for as long as possible.

- If it was my birthday, I would rather get a £45 set instead ...

Edited by vexorian

They give MINIFIGS at birthday parties now?! Hehe, putting myself in infant mind:

- If I was ever given a minifig at a party, I would have made sure to stay in good terms with the birthday boy for as long as possible.

- If it was my birthday, I would have rather £45 set instead ...

We just did a birthday party for our son and handed out Collectible Minifigs to his guests. They were $2.99 CAD each.

I think this new birthday kit would have been handy. I wouldn't had to go collectible minifig hunting.

Well it's a cute idea, but 45 Pound equals almost 90 dollars AU - so 10 collectable figures are 4 dollars each, so over half the money is in the printed materials - aw well....I did say it was a cute idea....if not a money wise one.

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Does it come with 10 of those cake-shirt figures?

Steve

Look at the second pic :wink:

Woah. Ten happy birthday minifigs! That is pretty cool. I also like that sketching grid for Lego models, but I don't see why it's in a birthday kit :wacko:

Thanks for posting the detail. You still can't look at the detail on the lego shop at home page. Here's the English translated link: English Translated Link Although this kit was purchased in the review for BIG BUCKS, it's only 59.99 now!

My daughter is turning 6 in October and I'm planning a lego party. A lego party at the lego store is 169.99 or 189.99, so that's out, but this kit looks great as a start. Here are some more ideas for a good lego party from the lego club: Birthday Tips I think I'm definitely going to use these game ideas.

I think I might do cupcakes though with a real brick on each and try to figure out a piece from pick-a-brick that can hold the candle.

Birthday Express has "Legoville" for the younger kids that use Duplo, but that's too young for my daughter. But they do have some cute lego napkins with just bricks on them at Lego Napkins They're very cute!

I'm trying to come up with a small kit that I can put together for each child. I found instructions for 7796 - a house, but am unsure of it's size. I think it's small because it's 53 pieces. Does anyone know the size of this house assembled? If anyone has any ideas for a small kit that might be appropriate for a Kindergarten girl, I'd appreciate the idea.

Thanks all and hope the links help with your next party!

:tongue: Wendy