vlai23

Novice MOC: Lawrence of Arabia

I've been fascinated with the PoP sets recently, and rewatching one of my favorite films the other night, decided to try some customized Lawrence of Arabia and Sharif Ali minifigs. Later I decided should use the few horses I had to make some Harith horsemen to accompany them. Then I didn't want to photograph them just on the floor, so I slapped together whatever tan plates I had to make a base and took a few photos. I was unhappy with these pictures, however, and soon had the idea to make a real base, hoping to recreate the wind-swept ripples of sand dunes. This is what I could come up with, using my unfortunately meager selection of tan pieces. This is pretty much my first "formal" MOC vignette. I would have liked to have been more consistent with the color of the faces (making T.E. Lawrence one color and everyone else another), but the yellow head used for Sharif Ali was the only one I had with a plain mustache. :hmpf_bad: Please let me know what you think!

lawrence-sm.jpgMore photos at my Brickshelf.

Edited by vlai23

Very nice creation 'vlai23', but I'm not sure that it goes here, if it doesn't 'Svelte' will change it.

Did you remember the TNT, these guys liked blowing up the railway tracks to upset the British didn't they ? :grin:

Very good work 'vlai23' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Hmmm, not bad at all.. Nice mix-&-matching of parts from various themes (PoP headgears, jedi robes), and the horse decors are pretty good added details. Though I'm not so sure about those huge flags, the 1-brick-wide build seems a little heavy as flags.

It certainly doesn't look like a lack of tan bricks! You've used more of them than I have in my collection right now.

In any case, good looking on the MOC.

Edited by SilentMode

It certainly doesn't look like a lack of tan bricks! You've used more of them than I have in my collection right now.

In any case, good looking on the MOC.

Thank you for your comments everyone! I really appreciate them.

Luckily my local LEGO store had tan 2x6 & 2x8 plates and 1x8 tan bricks on their Pick-a-Brick wall a few months back, so I was able to stock up rather cheaply back then (as I have the desire to do some kind of Tatooine scene at some point).

Lightningtiger, I unfortunately don't have any of the LEGO dynamite pieces, but I did have to partially dismantle my Emerald Night for its 1x2 & 1x3 tan plates and the smooth dark green 1x4s of the flag, so I guess that kinda counts as Col. Lawrence & co. being responsible for its demolition. :wink: