CopMike

Color Change by AFOLs?

So hard to choose 5 of all those great colours/pieces!

I'm kicking myself for not noticing the cypress tree!! :hmpf_bad:

I voted for bicycles of various colours, dark red foliforous trees, white and grey laptops, sand green roof pieces and a few other things I can't remember. Regardless of which of those pieces are popular with others or not, I think we can agree that whatever pieces are most popular overall are going to be ones we all like. I can't wait to see the results (and hopefully, evidence of this in future sets :thumbup: )

I ended up voting:

3794 Plate Modified 1 x 2 with 1 Stud (Jumper): Earth Green (141) Dark Green

3070 Tile 1 x 1: Dark Brown (308) Dark Brown

3024 Plate 1 x 1: Dark Brown (308) Dark Brown

3024 Plate 1 x 1: Earth Green (141) Dark Green

3023 Plate 1 x 2: Earth Green (141) Dark Green

Basic plates (and 1 x 1 tiles) in dark green and dark brown would be amazing. The dark green 1 x 2 plate technically exists already, but only in one set and it's crazy expensive - over a buck each on BL, I think.

50745 Vehicle, Mudguard 4 x 2 1/2 x 2 with Arch Round: Medium Stone Grey (194) Light Bluish Grey

4493c01pb07 Horse with Black Eyes with White on Two Sides: Dark Brown (308) Dark Brown

4274 Technic, Pin 1/2: Black (26) Black

3741 Stalk: Sand Yellow (138) Dark Tan

x97 Minifig, Bandana: Earth Green (141) Dark Green

I could do a lot with a light gray mudguard. I've wanted new horse colors for ages. Black technic half pins would be all kinds of useful. Dark tan stalks are nice for dead / deserty foliage, and a dark green bandana is probably the most specialized and limited-use thing I voted for, but dammit, I build Western and I need bandanas!

As an aside, I'm very sad I couldn't vote for a brick 1 x 1 round in dark brown, because I'd LOVE to have that piece for so many reasons and applications.

I have found a way to vote for ALL of your favorite peices! Once you vote refresh the page, unselect all th eones you chose before, and vote for 5 new ones. This can be done as many times as wanted. Not sure if it works after you already confirmed your votes though. :classic:

Just quoting this for the people who are 'kicking themselfs' because they didn't notice a certain peice. :wink:

Edited by Mace Windu

Wow! Just the idea of some of these pieces are exciting! :laugh:

I voted-

48812 Dog / Wolf- Dark Tan

x69 Green Plant, Tree Cypress -Dark Green

62711 Minifig, Headgear Hair Short, Bob Cut- Bright Light Yellow

62698 Minifig, Utensil Computer Laptop- White

2417 Plant Leaves 6 x 5- Reddish Brown

1) I think the Dog in different colors is long overdue.

2) The Cypress tree being rereleased would be nice, especially in dk. green

3) I like any hair in bright yellow. :wub:

4) I didn't get any of the sets with the laptop, so more would be nice, especially in City

5) I feel like even if we all voted for just one of the fall colors, we would end up with a few different colors if they were to ever end up in a set.

I'm excited to see if this goes anywhere! :classic:

Edited by darthperson

Just quoting this for the people who are 'kicking themselfs' because they didn't notice a certain peice. :wink:

It is likely that it does not work once you confirm the vote. Even if it did, I bet the organizers would notice and not appreciate it and would delete all the votes from email addressed that worked around the limit.

I have found a way to vote for ALL of your favorite peices! Once you vote refresh the page, unselect all th eones you chose before, and vote for 5 new ones. This can be done as many times as wanted. Not sure if it works after you already confirmed your votes though. :classic:

Read the instructions - cheater or double entries will be completely deleted

I was expecting something smarter like fake ip for a start (not that you should try anything smarter). But this clearly won't work. :sadnew:

Edited by lisqr

To be honest, I just want some of those parts return regardless of the color, like the laptop.

*oh2* My 100th post.

I agree. Personally, I'm not too sure about colours of the pieces, just as long as they do appear...

I do like, however, the ghost shroud (I don't own one), most of the minifig accessories, scenery elements and baseplates. That's quite broad though, but as I said, I don't mind much about the colours in most cases.

Vote 1 "x69" Cypress in dark green!

Done! That was one of my five various elements. The other votes were spruce tree big and small in white since they'd be wonderful for a winter landscape plus train windows in green and train windows in dark green. As for the basic elements, I have no idea what I should vote for.

Edited by legotrainfan

So many choices! :wub:

That was really hard. I could have easily chosen 10 items of each poll.

I voted for most of the transparent bricks and - see my new signature. :wink:

The 48x48 baseplate in tan was a great choice as well.

Done my bit of voting too. I'm not much of a builder, so my choices are mostly of stuff I believe the community would like to see and/or find useful:

Basic elements:

3005, Brick 1 x 1, Dark Tan

87609, Plate Modified 2 x 6 x 2/3 w/ four studs on Side, Black

4460, Slope 75 2 x 1 x 3, Sand Green

3676, Slope Inverted 45 2 x 2 Double Convex, Light Bluish Grey

3070, Tile 1 x 1, Transparent Clear

Various elements:

4719c01, Bicycle, Complete Assembly, Blue

x69, Green Plant, Tree Cypress, Dark Green

87990, Hair, Ponytal and Swept Side Fringe, Reddish Brown

87991, Minifig, Hair Tousled, Dark Tan

50745, Mudguard 4 x 2 1/2 x 2 w/ Arch Round, Light Bluish Grey

Doesn't mean it wasn't hard to make choices, though! Seriously, there were lots of parts in there that I would have liked to see!

I don't know what to chose from the 2 lists so i did not vote.

What i need is

Window 2 x 8 x 2 Boat with Trans-Light Blue Glass 2634c01 in orange, red and lime green and in 2 x 2/4/6 x 2 size,

Window 1 x 4 x 2 + 1 x 2 x 2 Plane in orange and lime green,

Boat Hull 74 x 18 x 7 57789c01 in red

Boat Hull 51 x 12 x 6 54100c02 in white

Door 1 x 4 x 5 Train left/right in orange and lime green

and much more, but this will never happen i guess.

regards Kon

Love all the trans options. I had to vote for trans yellow wings, though it's maybe a wasted vote to vote on each of them. Otherwise -

43 3063 Brick Round Corner 2 x 2 Macaroni Transparent Clear (40) art deco corner windows

147 3685 Slope 75 2 x 2 x 3 Double Convex Black (26) castle roofs

169 3665 Slope Inverted 45 2 x 1 Transparent Clear (40) all sorts of lighting and window applications

150 2423 Plant Leaves 4 x 3 Bright Orange (106) for autumn

259 30046 Window 1 x 2 x 2 2/3 Pane Lattice Diamond Reddish Brown (192)

264 60593 Window 1 x 2 x 3 Flat Front Brick Yellow (5) tempted by this in stone grey too

286 50986 Windscreen 10 x 6 x 3 Bubble Canopy double tapered Transparent Yellow (44) to go with the wings

24 3811 Baseplate 32 x 32 Transparent Clear (40) ice planet, skating rink

very tempted by all the windows and cheeses

Thank you very much for posting the information and link to this poll here, CopMike! :classic:

A blue bicycle, a (dark-green) cypres tree and a black door without window would be brilliant!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Good choices and reasons behind them guys :thumbup:!

As others have also said - this isn´t about trying to cheat and sidestep the instructions :hmpf_bad:! The reason is to get a good and hopefully clear input on the wishes from us Afol´s. I you can´t make the choices - tough sh-t! That´s what lifes is about in many ways, you can´t have everything.

I'm getting rather anxious to see what the final vote was. I posted a link to the thread on BrickLink last night, to help the cause.

Upon submitting the form (either of the two), is anyone else receiving this error? "Empty Community/Country/Membername! Please try again." I've filled out all five text fields at the bottom of the form, so either (a) I've filled them out *wrong* (so far as the validation script is concerned) or (b) the page script is malfing.

Because of "nickname/memberid," I assume the middle field "community and home country" is looking for the website of your home LUG. Or a generic website, like LUGNET. Since the poll was advertised here on Eurobricks, is it specifically looking for a Eurobricks ID?

(Personally, I didn't consider any of the minifig parts, because I'm perfectly happy to custom-paint *those*. I'd rather direct my votes to something where paint is uncouth and verboten.)

Voted! Some odd choices, but if we manage to get a dark green Cypress tree out of it then it will have been worth it default_thumbup.gif

I wonder how these parts will be distributed? PAB exclusive?

I'd vote, but my opinion basically boils down to that anything not currently available in trans neon yellow, should be.

I was able to vote (as my previous post suggests), but did anyone else have difficulty voting? A day or two after I had voted the first time, I received an email notifying me there was an error with the poll system and requested I resubmit my votes. Sadly, I couldn't remember my exact voting record so I may have switched one or two from my first vote. However, I still went with the dark green cypress since of all the pieces, I'd appreciate that addition the most.

Does anyone have any useful and/or reputable information about this survey?

Is LEGO SERIOUSLY considering releasing these parts? Or is this just some wishlist that an AFOL invented because it's a bunch of parts they wished they could get? If it's a legitimate list from LEGO, what's it for? Pick-A-Brick online? LUGBULK? Future elements for sets? Why the hell is it called "color change", when that's about the scariest choice of words imaginable for AFOLs? Who's conducting the survey? Were the results really lost? Why is the "cover letter" posted to Eurobricks, but seemingly nowhere else official?

Apologies to whoever is conducting this survey, but it just seems really unclear to me what's going on with it.

DaveE