Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia: Day Seven

My oh my, more deaths! I wonder if any of them will return as a ghost, we could hang out after all this mess is dealt with!

So, good job on not dying, everyone! You're doing better than me! :grin: Also, good job on nabbing a Hallowed. You did well.

Alright, time for some news! Last night, I tried investigating Mr Jingle, buuuut someone intervened in my spellcasting and it hit Sicilia instead. So, at least it wasn't a total waste, but I didn't hit my intended target which is kind of annoying.

Anyway, I now know Sicilia Bathory (Eskallon) is Innocent, as well as her night actions which I see no reason to reveal. So that's cool, when I investigate someone, I also find out their night actions.

So, now for my suspicions. Jingle, Jingle, Jingle. Everyone's talking about Jingle. Add to that the fact that my spell targeted at him was redirected to someone else. Suspicious to say the least.

Also, Valerie MacArthur was petrified, and there were no deaths. No one pick up on that? What makes us so sure she's Innocent? What if she's just been lying to us this whole time..?

But that's a discussion for another time. We have more factual information to deal with right now.

Also, Valerie MacArthur was petrified, and there were no deaths. No one pick up on that? What makes us so sure she's Innocent? What if she's just been lying to us this whole time..?

But that's a discussion for another time. We have more factual information to deal with right now.

Yes, but it's public knowledge that the Hallowed killer is a member of the faculty. Although the Dementors didn't get anyone... :look:

And no, it's not out of the question that she's lying.

First of all, I don't quite understand why you guys think I holds the power of the secret vote? No, I don't. I never had any of such ability. My vote alone, stands as it is and is not under the influence of anyone or anything. Furthermore, I don't vote for the past few days because I am not certain enough to convict someone wrongly. I will rather do so, when I have someone that I could depend and trust to lead in the conviction than to convict blindly.

Thing is, ma'am, you've never voted. That in itself is rather suspicious. The mystery voter did vote for Sheila, though. Why do you think they would do that? If they were innocent, there'd be no point in them hiding the fact that they voted for a Hallowed. If they were a scummy Hallowed, though, that's a completely different story.

The mystery voter did vote for Sheila, though. Why do you think they would do that? If they were innocent, there'd be no point in them hiding the fact that they voted for a Hallowed. If they were a scummy Hallowed, though, that's a completely different story.

*huh* But if the vote is secret, then why would a Hallowed even do that? If for whatever reason the Hallowed wanted to vote against each other, they would do it in the day thread, to confuse things. I think an innocent person controls the secret vote.

I'm quite pleased to see that we're finally starting to make correct decisions. Let's continue that today.

However, you're all giving me an even bigger headache than I already had from last night. Please discuss this situation amongst yourselves, weigh the available information and as with yesterday, I'll likely vote with the crowd, assuming you make some reasonable arguments. From what I've seen so far, we're a little weak on evidence but pretty heavy on circumstance and logical conclusions, so I think we have a good chance of scoring another victory today.

I will say that my only nagging question for the day is why none of us died last night. I hope it means their killer is dead, but that's probably too much to hope for, so instead I ask that those of you who performed specific types of actions last night evaluate those actions to see if you can determine just who it is that was rendered ineffective, thus saving our lives. Then do it again or get us to vote them off today. Either way, if we can keep from dying at night and make logical votes during the day, we should be able to clean this mess up in no time.

As for Aurors Potter and Weasley... screw you and the brooms you rode in on. :angry: Seriously. You haven't helped at all, you couldn't keep your own agents alive or catch anyone (and you couldn't even restrain Cuddles properly), and then you have the nerve to criticize and threaten us after we've had a successful day and night cycle. Absolutely ridiculous. :hmpf:

Hurrah, finally a success! I must appologise for not seeing through Sheila's lies more clearly yesterday, they were quite convincing considering I was certain I had evidence that Jolie was Hallowed. :blush: If perhaps it had been mentioned much earlier in the day that Jolie was in fact Impartial, I might not have ended up sidetracking us so much, but what is done is done, and at least we came away with a successful conviction.

Jolie, I was hugely skeptical of you yesterday and was certain you were Hallowed considering the fact you had been sneaking around in my rooms, but now I realise that while you aren't innocent, you are at least trying to help us get rid of these fiendish Hallowed. I feel a little silly now after being so vehement yesterday, I was so certain I was right! Anyway, I'm happy to shelve my accusations against you now that that whole matter has been cleared up; now we can get on with finding the real Hallowed out there.

I can say with the utmost surety that I'm not the killer; I'm an elf who can only employ simple elf magic, I couldn't even attempt most of the spells you witches and wizards would consider trivial. I do understand, of course, that I can't exactly prove this to you, but I do know that I wasn't blocked last night, and if someone wants to dispute that fact I'll be very surprised.

Yes, I agree on voting either of these two. Jingle seems more supicous to me.

And why is that, please? Is it because I was willing to put myself at risk yesterday following a trail of investigation based off evidence I had received during the night? Is it something else I've done? I'm trying my best here to find the Hallowed just as much as you are, but innocents do make mistakes, its not like we have that much to go off in the best of circumstances. :sceptic:

Alright, time for some news! Last night, I tried investigating Mr Jingle, buuuut someone intervened in my spellcasting and it hit Sicilia instead. So, at least it wasn't a total waste, but I didn't hit my intended target which is kind of annoying.

Now this I find particularly aggravating, and somewhat worrisome, as having you investigate me would have been a sure way to clear my name and prove my innocence. I can't say I'm at all happy about this. :hmpf_bad: Madame Ching, if you can tell us, did someone directly intervene, or is that just the impression you got? Do you think the intervening person was trying to block you, or to protect me? I almost wonder if it is caused by some sort of side-effect from my elf magic. :look: Very concerning, whatever the case.

Madame Ching, if you can tell us, did someone directly intervene, or is that just the impression you got? Do you think the intervening person was trying to block you, or to protect me? I almost wonder if it is caused by some sort of side-effect from my elf magic. :look: Very concerning, whatever the case.

That I can answer. My spell-casting was intervened, and hit Sicilia Bathory instead of you, my intended target. That is the most accurate description I can provide. Please don't be offended that I targeted you. It's just, it seemed a reasonable choice. Not much is known about you, and I like knowing things, so investigation it is. See?

And why is that, please? Is it because I was willing to put myself at risk yesterday following a trail of investigation based off evidence I had received during the night? Is it something else I've done? I'm trying my best here to find the Hallowed just as much as you are, but innocents do make mistakes, its not like we have that much to go off in the best of circumstances. :sceptic:

On day 4, you only seemed to post twice, one was where you basically said that we need to hear from Bulltoad and he might or might not have been framed and the other, well look for youself:

I suspect Minister Granger-Weasley would not appreciate it if she heard you calling her a "hime". :look:

Thats is not exactly contributing. Still I can indeed excuse your lack of posting 3 days ago since you just got back from Europe I think it was and you might have been a little restless.

-----------------

Mrs. Kingston, I believe you to be a trustworthy source and one of the few people we can rely on currently to not twist the truth, so I would be happy to side with you in the voting today. Given your statements above, I shall vote: Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode(Roncanator).

Again on Day 5 you seemed to only post twice avoiding anyone catching onto you maybe :sceptic: Then though you vote(above quote) saying you are happy to go witht the crowd and vote. I don't know if voting then is suspicous but it certainly seems to me that for Day 4 + Day 5 you were trying to stay out of the spotlight.

------------------

Now then suddenly on Day 6 you perked up, especially at the beggining when the Hallowed Killer is mentioned. Then in the same post you say this:

So, first of all, does anyone have some real proof for us today? Something substantial that we can make a clear judgment off? If so, then that's our starting point, people. Myself, I've got nothing, much to my frustration...

Yes we did have something to try and make a substantial desicion which was voting out a staff member. the next post you made which is below, you say to begin with that you are definatly not the hallowed killer, also that it would be pure impossible for you to be. Then just to be safe for you, what you did was you changed the suspicon onto a student, well acording to you knowing that people are trying to work out who is the Hallowed killer makes them completly Hallowed. :hmpf_bad:

Well I'm certainly not the killer, I can't tell one end of a wand from another! I don't think I'd have the magical ability to be placed in Slytherin, let alone make it to the sorting hat. That Slytherin lot isn't particularly accepting of anybody not of pure blood anyway, let alone a house elf!

As for who it could be, I'm really not sure, it could be anyone other than Prof Longbottom, yes? I think we should also remember that while this particular killer isn't a student, that doesn't mean the rest of the wretched lot aren't. Thus I've been interested to see which of the students is eager to accuse which of the faculty, as it makes it very clear where certain individuals' loyalties lie.

No look at these quotes:

, and in this situation I feel confident in supporting Sheila
I now see that the "evidence" you had against Sheila isn't as strong as it was before, is it, now that you've met a little opposition to your views? Interesting, very interesting indeed. I also find it astounding that despite your obvious lack of regard for the lives of the innocent and your reckless lying and twisting of the truth, there are still some people here who profess to trust you completely.
She has no real evidence against Sheila
You did not change your story until after you were pushed to reveal your real motives for wanting to vote off Sheila, and after Sheila had defended herself. Nobody wanted to buy your thin "accusations" yesterday
she is acting very, very suspiciously, and the evidence I have against her certainly doesn't point that way. I would also like to point out that investigation results are never 100% accurate either

There are more too, but you were obviously trying to support Sheila and avoid her conviction while making Jolie look like the innocent one. It seems like your just trying to convict Jolie to make sure Sheila is not voted out. The thing is later on when you finally realise that not enough people support your argument you back down saying it was all a big mistake and you were mislead.

I am for these reasons confident you are the Hallowed Killer, you have tried way to hard to deny you are the Hallowed Killer, that Sheila is Hallowed and that Jolie is innocent. I don't trust you and will wait for a response but come the voting time I think I know what I am doing and I hope all you innocents agree with me.

There's something I forgot to mention. Last night I was targetted by Brigelda Hearth, now only successful abilities have ever appeared in my foe glass. Which makes Jingle the only possible person who could be the killer. However, Madame Hearth appearing in my foe glass does not agree with her supposed night action. Finally Jingle claims not to have been blocked last night, he is pretty confident about it.

I think under the circumstances that anyone who blocked either Madame Hearth or Jingle best come forward. If they don't then I think I shall be voting for Crudo on the basis that he most likely controls the Imperius curse. And that I cannot decide who is more suspicious out of Jingle and Madame Hearth.

I don't know if voting then is suspicous but it certainly seems to me that for Day 4 + Day 5 you were trying to stay out of the spotlight.

Some of us still have to work keeping this castle tidy even during a dire situation like this, Madame, and thus don't have all that much time to be active. I would probably not have said all that much yesterday either if I hadn't received the information that I did and decided to act upon it. I was so certain I had a substantial lead, but as it turns out, while I was correct in my analysis that Jolie isn't innocent, I hadn't exactly counted on her being Impartial but had rather assumed it must mean she was Hallowed. That was my mistake, and I've already admitted to it thank you.

the next post you made which is below, you say to begin with that you are definatly not the hallowed killer

Well I'm not, so why would I say otherwise? :wacko:

Then just to be safe for you, what you did was you changed the suspicon onto a student, well acording to you knowing that people are trying to work out who is the Hallowed killer makes them completly Hallowed. :hmpf_bad:

I think you're trying to read far too much into a simple word of caution. All I was saying was that yes there is a killer in the staff, but that person isn't the only Hallowed, and if we want to catch the rest we should be observing who is accusing who. That my friend is called analysis of the situation.

The thing is later on when you finally realise that not enough people support your argument you back down saying it was all a big mistake and you were mislead.

Here you are wrong; I was willing to fight to have my voice heard over all the opposition right up until someone finally told me that Jolie was actually Impartial, confirming my accusations as being true, if not in the way I expected. At that point, with the new evidence only just surfacing that Sheila was in fact a werewolf, I realised I may be making a mistake, and decided to remove my vote against Jolie. I admit that I was convinced Shiela was innocent at that time as I was also convinced that Jolie was Hallowed; I was simply acting off the knowledge I had and what had been said by the two of them, which is all we innocents really can act off. I wasn't defending Sheila so much as using her as an example of where in my opinion Jolie was showing her true "hallowed colours", which was what I believed at the time. When new evidence was introduced, I had to reassess the situation, and at that point I was having doubts about Sheila. Unfortunately the day ended before I could go any further with that, but luckily we had that mysterious vote which got her for us, so I'm glad of that at least. I just wish Madame Ching had come out and told us of Jolie's alignment earlier so I wouldn't have made such a fool of myself...

I know the way I acted yesterday may look bad to you, but I can assure you I was acting because I was certain I had found a Hallowed. While this proved not to be quite correct, I was still right in almost all my points, as Jolie isn't innocent as we now know, she is Impartial. That explains a lot, I can tell you. I don't really know what I can say to convince you of my innocence, but believe me, if you vote me off you'll be voting off a fellow innocent.

I know the way I acted yesterday may look bad to you, but I can assure you I was acting because I was certain I had found a Hallowed. While this proved not to be quite correct, I was still right in almost all my points, as Jolie isn't innocent as we now know, she is Impartial. That explains a lot, I can tell you. I don't really know what I can say to convince you of my innocence, but believe me, if you vote me off you'll be voting off a fellow innocent.

You've rather ignored my point Jingle. These are the remaining members of the faculty:

Elloquence Malleus

Sicilia Bathory

Crudo Alakhazam

Neville Longbottom

Brigelda Hearth

Jingle

Rhubarb Uxley

Now, due to what Harriets killer said we can immediatly rule out Prof Longbottom as the hallowed killer. Miss Ching has confirmed Miss Bathory as innocent so she can be ruled out.

Elloquence was correct about Sheila being a werewolf so I tend to believe her, meaning she can be ruled out. On nights 4 and 5 Proffesor Uxley and Prof Alakhazam appeared in my foe glass. (The only working one) There were killings on nights 4 and 5 so they can be ruled out. Last night Madame Hearth appeared in my foe glass. Up until now only successful actions have appeared in my foe glass. That would leave you as the hallowed killer. These are facts which cannot be disputed. The only thing is that Madame Hearth has not told me why she appeared in my foe glass.

Ok Jingle, you or Madame Hearth could be the killer. I am not Hallowed and people like Jolie, Miss Ching and others know this. If you feel comfortable in revealing your night action to me in private then please do and I can try and clear your name.

Thanks

Scillia Bathory

You can start casting votes now. Voting will last 48 hours unless a conviction is made before that. It takes 8 votes to convict.

As the Muggles say, "lets get this show on the road".

Vote: Jingle/Dragonator. If Jodie is right, and I jolly well trust her now, you are the Hallowed killer.

The time for voting has come. I cannot decide who I trust out of Jingle and Brigelda, though I'm leaning towards Jingle being the killer. In any case tonight we should block Jingle. If no-one dies then he is hallowed, if someone still dies then Brigelda is hallowed. That way we can be sure. :wink:

For now though

It is possible of course. Though I'd like to ask Desiree what she did if she did not petrify?

Actually, I'd like to add something here. It is definate that either Madame Hearth or Jingle is the hallowed killer. Therefore they should both be blocked every night, that way no innocent deaths! Me, I don't know which one is hallowed but I am much more suspicious of Crudo:

His night action is odd to say the least. It features a memory wipe and then I don't know what. Jingle claimed that on Night 5 I was in his room. However I instead tried to steal from another so supposing that Jingle is being truthful then someone else controlled me that night. Crudo appeared in the foe glass! Therefore I conclude that his night action is to control others, a puppet master if you like.

Angela, remember her? She claimed to not remember anything from during the night, and disputed having used a night action. That is the syptom I suffered! Maybe she was being truthful. Maybe Crudo used his action on her that night, making her go out and about.

Likewise if I recall correctly Mr Uxley also claimed that one night he was not in control of his actions. Perhaps the same thing happened to him?

Like Sheila Crudo moved against voting me off. He had very little reason to do so, Sheila was hallowed why not him?

Other things strike me as suspicious aswell:

Why is it that the one time we move against a hallowed he suddenly begins to attack me and vote for me? Is it an attempt to distract attention away from Sheila?

Everything he has said has been non-commital. He refuses to take sides in arguements and is constantly on nuetral territory. Sheila also employed this tactic, maybe it is common among the hallowed?

Do his remarks ever help us as a collective group? No, in fact they commonly through suspicion on others without actually voting.

You can see what that spells out to me. :grin: Unless anything else comes up I know who I shall be voting for.

I'd also like to know what Madame Hearths night action is. Her story of healing is megablocks. What use is a healing power in reality? It only treats poison as other deaths are instant and even then it takes two days. Do you really control the secret vote?

One other thing I neglected to mention, on day one I voted for Crudo, now I never intended to keep this vote. I simply wanted to see what reaction I would get, Sheila opposed this vote quite a lot didn't she? Possibly defending a fellow hallowed. Of course that is just extra.

Yes but what I refer to is this:

I think this is what happened:

Angela decides not to use her night action whatever that is. Perhaps it is that sword which kills creatures? There were no creatures at that point so she does not use it.

Crudo's night action is to use anothers night action on someone else whom he chooses. Does that make sense?

Crudo uses his night action on Angela. Perhaps something like this: Imperius Curse: Puppet: Angela/Burman Target: Jolie/Lord Arjay. (For purposes of this example).

Angela recieves a mind wipe so she has no memory of the night. (As happened with me) She then proceeds to try to use the sword on me. (It would have no effect but Crudo would not know).

Desiree petrifies Angela that night also.

Then on night 5 he does this: Puppet: Jolie/Arjay Target: Jingle/Dragonator. The same thing happened to me.

Also, remember my voting thing? One person did call me out on it: Crudo Alakhazam!

I'll retrieve some quotes to back up my theory but I think he is hallowed at this point.

Above is Rhubarb's claim to having been controlled. He cannot remember, the same thing that happened to both me and Angela.

Above is where he attacks me over the voting thing, bare in mind I had yet to reveal it as a lie. This was straight after I made a list that both he and Sheila were part of. I accept that the list was flawed but he still blew his cool over it. Clearly he was annoyed that he and Sheila had been brought to attention and wanted to attack me over it.

"What else aren't you telling us?" Sound pretty accusing doesn't it?

I'm pretty lost on who to vote for, so I'll let this go on. :sceptic:

Shit! I spoke too soon. Disregard my last speech. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, I was planning on voting for Crudo but after re-listening to some of my pigeon messages and thinking it over I believe I shall:

Vote: Jingle/Dragonator

Until he can provide something otherwise. It is betterto go for someone who we are sure of. To be on the safe side someone should also block Brigelda tonight.

Shit! I spoke too soon. Disregard my last speech. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, I was planning on voting for Crudo but after re-listening to some of my pigeon messages and thinking it over I believe I shall:

Until he can provide something otherwise. It is betterto go for someone who we are sure of. To be on the safe side someone should also block Brigelda tonight.

I also want to vote for Crudo, but we'll wait until tomorrow. :wink:

Might I remind Madame Hearth to this:

I understand your reasoning but I am not the one whom cast that mystery vote. If I am to vote later today, you will be able to see my vote at the end of the day. There is no reason for me to lie about this.

I am trusting that you shall be able to keep this promise.

I have stated my own personal reasons above, I have not received word from Jingle yet so I am going to assume I am not going to.

You've rather ignored my point Jingle. These are the remaining members of the faculty:

Elloquence Malleus

Sicilia Bathory

Crudo Alakhazam

Neville Longbottom

Brigelda Hearth

Jingle

Rhubarb Uxley

Now, due to what Harriets killer said we can immediatly rule out Prof Longbottom as the hallowed killer. Miss Ching has confirmed Miss Bathory as innocent so she can be ruled out.

Elloquence was correct about Sheila being a werewolf so I tend to believe her, meaning she can be ruled out. On nights 4 and 5 Proffesor Uxley and Prof Alakhazam appeared in my foe glass. (The only working one) There were killings on nights 4 and 5 so they can be ruled out. Last night Madame Hearth appeared in my foe glass. Up until now only successful actions have appeared in my foe glass. That would leave you as the hallowed killer. These are facts which cannot be disputed. The only thing is that Madame Hearth has not told me why she appeared in my foe glass.

To add to that, I am now certain of why Madame Hearth appeared in my foe glass last night. Therefore Jingle has to be the killer.

To add to that, I am now certain of why Madame Hearth appeared in my foe glass last night. Therefore Jingle has to be the killer.

How come your certain now?

I love this! We seem to finally have solid evidence, thanks to our impartial Jolie. If Jingle has to be the killer, I will gladly vote: Jingle / Dragonator.

After re-reading everything everyone had to say today, I am convinced. Vote: Jingle/Dragonator. I never did like the food he made. :sick: