Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

What would make a great Adventurer sub-theme?

Here's a shot:

6444-1.jpg

Ooooh. I like the green window panes and the roof pieces. I tried to model my Poachers of Prehistory camp on this design.

Steve

Ooooh. I like the green window panes and the roof pieces. I tried to model my Poachers of Prehistory camp on this design.

Steve

This is a great little set. It has some great neat pieces (like the window and roofs that Steve mentioned), and it can be used for different themes (City, WW, Airport, Adventure). I was tickled when I found this set several years ago.

i think it would be cool to see sorta a roman empire thing like the sets would be stuff from all over europe which of course was alot of the roman empire like........

walled celtic village and/or ruins of hadrians wall

aquaduc i don't know how to spell that but you know what i mean

big set could be ruins of ancient rome

mountain fort or something like that to be in greece

treasure could be something like what the romans brought back after sacking athens they took treasure alexander the great brought back from asia or summin

maybe medium set could be ruins of walled settlement with little streets and what not

i have been doing this as a story for my JT crew but thankfully i can now get it off my chest

Perhaps, if Lucas and Speilberg ever get around to it, LEGO could option the rights for Indiana Jones 4. If not, I don't see another Adventures-style line for the near future.

Later.

I feel somewhat psychic right now :-D .

This may have been suggested already but, I think a steam punk theme would look great.

Large clunky contraptions that would go along with primitive guns.

Great topic! I've been thinking about this lately...

4. Johnny Thunder and the Adventurers in OLDE EUROPE

Johnny Thunder and the Adventurers head to Europe to look through mysterious castles and towers and find important artifacts.

I really like this idea (I actually thought of it myself like twenty minutes ago :tongue:). Imagine they could be investigating a haunted NAZI castle! That is, a castle that was occupied by the Nazis in WW2 where they conducted some secret experiments and stuff like that (apparently they did do that). Let's see: you could have ghosts, secret WW2 technology (I don't know... a flying saucer? OK, I think that's a little too far...), some treasure, and medieval guards with full armour! All of this in a cool medieval German castle! They could do it in modules, so that you have various parts of the castle in several seperate sets. Combine all of them, and... voila! You have a huge and very detailed castle with all the stuff Adventurers need (traps, treasure etc.)!

Somebody mentioned an Arabic subtheme... I also think it's a good idea. There's lots of room for ideas there... for one, they could finally introduce camels with it -- though they're coming with the PoP theme now. Hmm... if Prince of Persia can be done, how come they couldn't be able to make an Adventurers Arabic/Persian subtheme? I actually find the Indiana Jones sets to be crap (except the vehicles, they're pretty decent; but the buildings are just pathetic...), so I don't expect much more from PoP...

I have one more idea... South Africa. Yeah, I have no idea how could they incorporate this (what treasure could they possibly go after...? What interesting ancient man-made structures are there?), but it does sound like it has some potential... Well, it would be an opportunity to make some African animals, like lions, cheetahs or rhinos... Not to mention black people... I only remember seeing brown minifigures in Indiana Jones and in Basketball, so....

As for time travel or space... no no no no no no NO!!

This is indeed a great topic, thanks for "bumping" it. :thumbup:

I really like the ideas of Athos. LEGO Adventurers: Atlantis. I was thinking about this today when I build some new LEGO Atlantis sets and some LEGO Alpha Team Deep Sea Mission sets. What if you replaced the divers with Johnny Thunder and his crew? It would be so awesome. Excellent diving gear with an old style on it, it would be very big. Huge submarines in grey and brown, but not too steampunkish, also with a modern touch. Beautiful sets both beneath the surface of the sea as above it, on the shore. Great seacreatures and then the evil nemesis whose working with the evil creatures, and of course Johnny Thunder who has some friends of himself in Atlantis (just like in Orient Expedition, were he had always a buddy from the continent with him). I think I'll work out some of Athos' ideas someday. But I think not for now unless I really want to or when I'm tired of LEGO Harry Potter. :blush:

I'm actually pretty fond of the newest LEGO Atlantis, usually I'm not a big fan of LEGO Action Themes (unless it's Adventurers!) but the sets look very nice, especially the figures and the idea behind it. LEGO likes to release underwater themes, and I hope, when time comes, they rerelease LEGO Adventurers. And when it does, with an Atlantis subtheme.

I think we've found our next adventurers subtheme. Johnny digs up old threads. :laugh:

Steve

I think we've found our next adventurers subtheme. Johnny digs up old threads. :laugh:

Steve

:laugh: What's wrong with that?

Perhaps a Advendturers sub theme focused on exploring the Amazon River would be possible.

I think that was what the Jungle subtheme was going for.

what about searching for the lost kingdom of shambala.

Already did the Himalayas with Orient expedition...

But I am going to do a Adventurers story based on Shambala...

Steve

I was sitting here pondering over what would make a good Adventurers sub-theme for 2006 or 2007. Here's a few of my thoughts based Adventure movies released in the past few years:

- Hidalgo with Arabic desert buildings, treacherous villains, and horses - an Arabic Desert theme.

- Sahara with more modern boats, planes, and lots of palm trees - kind of a Dino Attack Theme but more desert vehicles and no dinos.

- Flight of the Phoenix. Again, desert based, with a few sets including the large Phoenix cargo plane, a small desert airport/base, oil rig, and a fig set with desert nomads - similar to the Outback theme.

- King Kong (here's a great license that Lego could have jumped on). Complete with a large adventure boat two to three times larger than that in River Expedition. Island sets could include a native fortress (like the Viking Fortress) but much taller, a few native statues, ruins, and jaged skull rocks/statues, island natives (like those in the Enchanted Island set), Kong, dinos, and killer insects. This would have definately been a Jungle theme. Lego missed the boat on this one.

It's time for Lego to re-visit the Adventurers theme. Share your thoughts about future Adventure sets.

Adventurers in Greece They could be looking for the Sicle of Kronos. Could include hoplites, gods (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon), One of the bigger sets could be the Parthenon or the underworld!!! :laugh:

~ Captain Bayonet

The outback theme sounds best to me.

A new Kangaroo and perhaps a Wombat or Koala. Maybe a lizard, bug, or printed scorpion. :D

And of course we'd get lot's of nice sandy colored pieces. Imagine a jeep, some cacti..

~MC