Sign in to follow this  
Zane

Doctor Who

That was awesome. Only I'd like to have seen more from the Clocky's, and still don't get why they needed her brain...

-Tilius-

Did you miss the bit at the end? The ship they were on was named after her, so they assumed that "they were the same", and they needed her brain, just like they thought she needed to be 37.

I thought it was a good episode, especially that little revelation at the end.

Oh. I saw the picture and name of her, and thought it might be something like that, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up!

-Tilius-

I loved the ep. Full of great characterisation, which is always more important to me than plot - though that was good too. Got all choked up at the end ;-)

Four eps into series, so time too start speculating what this year's 'Bad Wolf' is. Torchwood seems to be where it's leading, but do you think the secret inside the Doctor's head is connected?

I would agree with you Prime, Torchwood seems to be where its heading this year not sure what they will do.

What secret are you talking about?? i thought that the secret was in the mind of the head of bo, i remember him saying something to the dr in the first ep about telling him a secret when the time is right.

I would agree with you Prime, Torchwood seems to be where its heading this year not sure what they will do.

What secret are you talking about?? i thought that the secret was in the mind of the head of bo, i remember him saying something to the dr in the first ep about telling him a secret when the time is right.

When he 'mind melded' with Reinette, and she saw into his mind, she said 'it's more than just a secret'.

Ahhh yes i remember that, i just thought that it meant he was keeping secret the fact that he was so lonely.

Looking forwards to the first of the Cybermen episodes tonight! I will post my review after the programme.

Jon.

Sorry for the double post, but I just have to comment on it now!!

First of all, I thought the episode was ok.. the storyline was a bit fast to start with. I mean everything seemed to happen so quickly, like Tardis breaking, landing in London.. I dunno, maybe I am just being picky. Anyway, the actual Cybermen plot made sense and they seemed gpretty cool, kinda like Superbattle Droids. I guess we will see a lot more of them in the next few episodes, hopefully they will have some more menacing weapons than just a hand.

I thought Roger Lloyd-Pack was ok playing the "bad guy". Anyone find it ironic that Dr. Who is his son (for those who have seen Goblet of Fire ;-)). Can't wait for next weeks episiode now, but why on earth is that guy from Byker Grove in it?

Jon.

I thought it was a pretty good episode, missed the first bit though because I wasn't sure what time it started (I assume it was late because of the football going to penalties)

I also noticed another torchwood refference.

Two, actually - one on the news on Rose's phone, and another when Pete Tyler goes off talking to someone about it at the party.

That was an awesome episode! The Cybermen are genuinely scarey, and I loved the cliffhanger!

And I am so getting that 12" Cyberman in June...

-Tilius-

Two, actually - one on the news on Rose's phone, and another when Pete Tyler goes off talking to someone about it at the party.

That was an awesome episode! The Cybermen are genuinely scarey, and I loved the cliffhanger!

And I am so getting that 12" Cyberman in June...

-Tilius-

Loved the episode, and whats wrong with having a Geordy in a great show?

Do you happen to have any pics of the 12'' Cyberman?

I thought it was a pretty good episode, missed the first bit though because I wasn't sure what time it started (I assume it was late because of the football going to penalties)

I also noticed another torchwood refference.

That was the same with me, I only saw the last quarter of an hour of an hour or so. But the story was quite easy to pick up on. Definetly one of the best episodes so far. I think that next week's episode will be good.

This is apparently coming to dutch TV next season. Since everyone here seems to love it, I'll watch it to see what the hype here is all about ;-)

Good ep, with nice alternate take on Cybermen. Another Torchwood reference too. I liked how there was no preview for next ep - I bet BBC still manages to mess it up by running ads for the next week though!

WOW, that is all I can say! That would have been a perfect finale, and OMG, MICKEY! So much suspense, action, sacrifice, one of my fave episodes ever! I can't wait to see them return for a double bill later on in the series! Can't wait to see the Doctor and Rose's face! Wow...

Oh and before I end,

'Are you sitting comfortably?'

That episode was good, I enjoyed it. My one gripe is that now the Cybermen are pretty much over and done with, what else can the BBC offer us? Cause in my opinion, most of the episodes before the Cybermen weren't that good.

I wish Mickey hadn't been left behind...but other than that another good episode...

-Tilius-

Yup, good ep. I can't say I was ever fond enough of Mickey to mourn his passing. Looking forward to seeing how that story merges with the 'our universe' 2 parter.

Nice ref to The Five Doctors too, if anyone caught it :-)

'The Idiot's Lantern' was a good ep - reminded me of classic eps of old.

My 4-year-old was hiding behind me when the 'no-faces' appeared. The Wire was a truely menacing bad guy (gal?).

Watching confidential afterwards, I was disappointed to learn of the line about the transmitter being cut - that would have been nice. I was actually remembering Logopolis while watching it...

I've enjoyed the series up until now, but I didn't like last night's episode. The majority of the acting was bad, the story made no sense (why did she need their faces?), The Wire was pretty annoying (she kept saying "Feeeeed Meeeee!"), and the director insisted on filming the whole thing at an angle.

But I'm sure next week's will be better ;-)

I've enjoyed the series up until now, but I didn't like last night's episode. The majority of the acting was bad, the story made no sense (why did she need their faces?), The Wire was pretty annoying (she kept saying "Feeeeed Meeeee!"), and the director insisted on filming the whole thing at an angle.

But I'm sure next week's will be better ;-)

She needed brain power to be able to get out of the false mirage of the woman on the TV, but was a greedy cow so took their faces too. Basically so there's some sort of scariness in the episode. Yeah.