1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi everyone,

It's have been awhile since I last did a review and to warm myself up, I decided to share with all of you on one of my favourite City Impulse sets released this year. Why I like this impulse set so much? It is because I loves to travel around the world one day just like this civilian looking traveller. :wub:

And, this is also a good way for me to remember my Eurobricks 8888th posts through this review. :grin:

Name: Traveller

Theme: LEGO System / City

Year: 2010

Pieces: 21

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD$3.49, GBP 2.49, SGD$6.90

Resources: Brickset, Peeron, BrickLink

An image of a 7567, Traveller

1%7E5.jpg

He is looking so excited for his holidays

9%7E4.jpg

After finished packing his clothings inside his suitcases, our dear traveller is now equipped with camera and sling bag and is now ready for his next vacation. When he arrives at the airport, he is likely to check for his flight details such as Gate number, Departure timing and Flight status on the airport information board. As you can see, this is a very nice addition to your City Airport layout by increasing the numbers of passengers in your airports terminals. Furthermore, even if you choose not to use it in your airport, you can have the option to use it as a civilian as part of your town population, unlike having more of those uniformed workers such as the Policemen, Firemen and Construction Workers.

Instruction Manual and Contents polybags

2%7E6.jpg

Nothing out of the blue, it is just like your regular content for most LEGO impulse sets.

Simple building instructions

5%7E6.jpg

Civilian looking traveller

4%7E6.jpg

This traveller is a nice addition to your town population, especially when it's a civilian. His orange looking hairdo can be easily used for other minifigs, while the red space jacket is also generic looking and can be used for people whom loves to wear such clothing. However, this is a rather common torsos and is used in many other City Minifigures as well in these LEGO sets. The orange hairpiece is also a nice hairpiece for customising your minifigures and this is the cheapest set to acquire this part.

What's more, you get a compact digital camera and 2 suitcases of different colours. I am also surprised that the famous Indiana Jones khaki sling bag is now part of his image. Personally, I think this is a nice minifigure for many useful purposes.

Useful parts

3%7E5.jpg

As mentioned earlier above, apart from the compact digital camera, suitcases and the khaki sling bag, it also comes with a 2x2 printed computer screen tile. Although this tile shows no airport details on it, but it's better than having stickers pasting on it, which will eventually peels off over the course of time. Then again, I think the screen is trying to illustrates the computer login screen.

A close up of the trolley

6%7E4.jpg

This is such a simple and effective design which could be used to populate the trolleys in the airport. What I like most, was the use of the new 2x1 yellow cheese slope for acting as the trolley front along with the transparent pieces. It's so much better to see the yellow cheese slope being used as a single piece, instead of using the common 1x1 cheese slope. Please note that the 2x1 yellow cheese slope only come in a few recent sets.

The size of the trolley is at the right proportion

7%7E6.jpg

Now, what time is my flight departing?

8%7E5.jpg

I really loves this set, simply because it's a generic looking minifigure. Although the red space jacket torso has appears in many other sets before, but it's still better than to get the boring usual looking figures like the Policemen. Furthermore, I love the wide assortment of accessories which can be used on other minifigures as well. This is generally a good impulse set for populating your airports travellers. :classic:

Lastly, I went to check our Town Reviews index and after adding this review in there, I realised there is a total of 4 reviews. So, I believe with so many Eurobricks Reviewers sharing their insights for this impulse set, I am very certain many members and readers out there, agreed the same way as I do.

Summary review

Playability: 8/10 (Can be used to integrate with your City Airports which are previously released in 2006 and 2010.)

Design: 8/10 (Simple and decent design with lots of useful parts.)

Price: 8/10 (For the price of an impulse set, I think this is pretty affordable with the good parts in it.)

Overall: 8/10 (A good impulse set for someone whom needs to increase your civilian population, airport trolley and minifigures accessories.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Nice review. I need to get me a few copies of this set, can't believe I haven't already. Good source for the orange hair piece.

Nice review 'WhiteFang' - I think yours might be a little better than the one I did of this set a few months ago.

It's a handy set to join any travel theme - bus - tram - air and train !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice review for a cute little impulse set. I also love this set due to the fact that it's civilian and not the usual worker-type impulses. The only thing I would have wanted to change in this set is the torso. The red jacket with the classic space logo is a bit overused by now, I think it would have been better if this was used instead.

Thanks guys for your kind comment.

I think yours might be a little better than the one I did of this set a few months ago.

Your review is equally good and beneficial for our community. :classic:

The only thing I would have wanted to change in this set is the torso. The red jacket with the classic space logo is a bit overused by now, I think it would have been better if this was used instead.

That could be an awesome improvement if it was true. And, it could have raised my score to "5" instead. :sweet: