Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

POTC Water Wheel Chase

An afternoon's build to alleviate my MOC drought...

after1.jpg

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

after4.jpg

Wow... great build! I like the gravestones :pir-laugh:

Good build. I hope TLG do something like this when they release the theme. If they did it wouldn't be as good as yours.

Great Interpretation :pir-classic:

AWESOME MOC 'SlyOwl' - great gravestones and that water wheel is excellent piece of MOCing ! :pir-grin:

I'm a conformist! - keep on out doing MB 'SlyOwl' I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

An afternoon's build to alleviate a MOC drought...

We aint in no drought a Classic-Pirates.com - where in the blogging schedule are we going to fit this marvellous creations in amongst the Tournament of Retribution entries? :pir-laugh:

*PIcking up jaw*

Quite simply amazing MOC. I love the technique used to do the wheel, ingenious use of the "steering wheel" piece!

Very easily recognisable scene from the movie. Now if someone could do the scene where they run with the cage made of bones, that would be awesome!

Keep Brickin'

Pirate

Amazing as usual, the tower and the wheel are very detailed, but I also like the gravestones. The best minifig in this MOC (IMHO) is Captain Jack Sparrow.

Thanks for sharing :thumbup: !

An afternoon's build to alleviate my MOC drought...

I know nothing of this MOC drought, we are knee deep in ToR action.

But this could be a portal into future sets, so you can bet your Pirate plunder that this will hit the frontpage very soon.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Great scene. Instantly recognizable as a SlyOwl creation.

I love your last creation!

It's perfectly built! The tower, the curved wall, the dark tan path, the wheel are great! And of course, Sparrow is awesome!

Are you going to build more of this movie? I hope so...

Excellent building techniques all around! The walkway looks very natural with the wedge plates. Great use of the strings for the water wheel. Nice little touches in every corner, well done! :monkey:

Thanks for the feedback guys, it means a lot!

I'm a conformist! - keep on out doing MB 'SlyOwl' I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

I must confess that I sneaked a peak at the MB set when building this :pir-blush: - the work was half done for me!

We aint in no drought a Classic-Pirates.com - where in the blogging schedule are we going to fit this marvellous creations in amongst the Tournament of Retribution entries? :pir-laugh:

I know nothing of this MOC drought, we are knee deep in ToR action.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks Cam! I meant a personal MOC drought - I haven't built anything since March! I know there's plenty of MOCs around at the moment, which I have been enjoying thoroughly.

Very easily recognisable scene from the movie. Now if someone could do the scene where they run with the cage made of bones, that would be awesome!

I have tried to build those so many times... but always failed. I think if I bulk-buy skeleton arms in all varieties, it may be possible, but they always end up too fragile or non-spherical. Fat Tony's got a pretty good one here, which I mean to adapt for my own purposes at some point.

Are you going to build more of this movie? I hope so...

I'm thinking about what to build for STEAM (in October), and I'm considering a large POTC-inspired dio, with all the famous bits included - the bone cages, water wheel, donkey, a bit of Totuga, pigs, wedding in the rain, all mashed together... we'll see how it turns out.

I have tried to build those so many times... but always failed. I think if I bulk-buy skeleton arms in all varieties, it may be possible, but they always end up too fragile or non-spherical. Fat Tony's got a pretty good one here, which I mean to adapt for my own purposes at some point.

I was thinking of maybe using a combination of skeleton arms and flex tube with white minifig hands, I played around yesterday and it looks pretty cool!

Pirate

I'm thinking about what to build for STEAM (in October), and I'm considering a large POTC-inspired dio, with all the famous bits included - the bone cages, water wheel, donkey, a bit of Totuga, pigs, wedding in the rain, all mashed together... we'll see how it turns out.

That does sound like a large and exciting project. I can imagine it now, it would be great if done well. By the way.. What is STEAM? Is it an upcoming pirate contest?

I was thinking of maybe using a combination of skeleton arms and flex tube with white minifig hands, I played around yesterday and it looks pretty cool!

Hadn't thought of using flex tube - good idea! White's quite rare - but not too expensive.

That does sound like a large and exciting project. I can imagine it now, it would be great if done well. By the way.. What is STEAM? Is it an upcoming pirate contest?

STEAM is the big UK convention, run by Brickish (link). It'll be my first one, so it'll certainly be an experience worth having. And now I have to learn how to build reasonably sturdily!