Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Thomas Foolery

Tournament of Retribution II Entry: Round 2

Ahoy Devils, Black Sheep, Really Bad Eggs, Beggars, Blighters, Ne'er-do-well Cads, and Me 'Earties, the Esteemed Red Coats:

In the depths that follow, please find my humble presentation for the second round. And, since the first round's post closed before I got a chance to do so, please permit me this opportunity to graciously thank all the kind members of this community who participated and voted for my first submission. I feared that as a newcomer, I wouldn't really stand a chance of getting into the next round since the members who have been on here for years already have such a well-established camaraderie and rapport. That clearly wasn't the case and I am truly appreciative of how welcome you've made me feel in this great community.

Okay, enough pandering - put those hankies away.

Pull up a hammock, pour yourself a grog ration, and put on your reading monocle...tis time for The Ballad of the Nine Sacred Trials, A Red Coat Production directed by Capt. Thomas Foolery.

panel_1.jpg

panel_2.jpg

panel_3.jpg

panel_4.jpg

panel_5.jpg

panel_6.jpg

panel_7.jpg

panel_8.jpg

panel_9.jpg

panel_10.jpg

If you managed to wade through such verbosity, I commend and thank you! But I can't be held responsible for any loss of eyesight as a result of the extensive reading that was required.

Fair winds and following seas, lads!

Yours very truly,

Capt. Thomas Foolery

Ha! Yours is a jolly good tale, but a fairy tale of course! :pir-blush:

Good job again, Capt Thomas Foolery! :thumbup:

again, great job

but I think you confused a litte the colors, I fear your grace may have daltonism :pir_laugh2:

Ye scurvy dog has a way with words for certain. I would say you still are reading the wrong history book. Still, if you reverse the colors, it would prove most accurate.

:thumbup:

This was a very nice entry, i enjoyed reading at this :pir_laugh2: I have been always wondering how Dreamwebs hair would looks like but now i finded it out.

Good Job

Captain Becker

Great entry! :thumbup: All those Bluecoats failing at the trials is very funny and satisfying to watch. :pir-laugh:

Great job!

-

General Redwater

Nice work however you make the worst puns! :pir-tongue::pir_laugh2:

What is this? A Blue Coat besmirching the outrageously witty, clever, and honorable puns of a Red Coat?

I will not stand for such besmirching, you...uh...besmircher! I challenge you to a duel! Of words! But as a Blue Coat, we can simply assume that it went exactly like the Sixth Sacred Trial in my entry did and save us both the trouble.

:pir-tongue:

I was totally going to use something similar to your apple shooting scene in my comic- great redcoat minds must think alike!

True there are a lot of words, but at least it rhymes!

I was totally going to use something similar to your apple shooting scene in my comic- great redcoat minds must think alike!

True there are a lot of words, but at least it rhymes!

Aye, tis true, matey! Great Red Coat minds think alike and you, good sir, certainly have a great mind. :pir-classic:

I fear that my verbosity will no doubt do me in and I don't stand a chance to place in the top six. It's really too much to read for this kind of format. But I really enjoyed writing it.

Best of luck in the tournament, my friend!

I fear that my verbosity will no doubt do me in and I don't stand a chance to place in the top six. It's really too much to read for this kind of format. But I really enjoyed writing it.

Yeah, people do, at times, lose interest in reading... but you had excellent visuals as well, and that could draw them into the text.

I think you have a top six entry here!

I find your entry to be fantastic and an incredibly factual account of the trials of the Coats.

I very much enjoyed reading it. It sounded as nice as it looked.

It pleases me to no end to receive such praise from you, Commodore. Many thanks!

What is this? A Blue Coat besmirching the outrageously witty, clever, and honorable puns of a Red Coat?

I will not stand for such besmirching, you...uh...besmircher! I challenge you to a duel! Of words! But as a Blue Coat, we can simply assume that it went exactly like the Sixth Sacred Trial in my entry did and save us both the trouble.

:pir-tongue:

What's this you can't even come up with a insult!And have you ever even heard of the old jingle?

"sticks and stones may break a redcoat's bones but words will never hurt me!" :pir_laugh2::pir-tongue:

Edited by hawkrider

Great entry, the presentation is awesome. I love all the different scenarios, that well, the bluecoats just couldn't handle.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Really? Well, I think you seem to have gotten your coats wrong! You see, the Bluecoats are the real marksmen, well groomed soldiers, swordsman, etc.

Really? Well, I think you seem to have gotten your coats wrong! You see, the Bluecoats are the real marksmen, well groomed soldiers, swordsman, etc.

Volt, please don't bump old topics, and certainly not with things that don't add a lot to the conversation.

Discussions about Bluecoats and Redcoats can be held here, and even there not too silly comments.

Thank you, and welcome to out forum :pir-classic: