Sign in to follow this  
jansued

P 41 D Li'L Scarlacc

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is my FBTB Contest entry: The Li'l Scarlacc

Inspired from the WWII P 47D I tried to build a really ugly but powerful heavy fighter:

4849400993_2d5ce25843.jpg

4849988936_f292cec891.jpg

Rear Gunner with Double-Dual Blasters

4849992474_4f9e41767e.jpg

Demonstration of the Escape Pod

4849993714_e86c6c3e24.jpg

Escape Pod, sometimes also used for athmospheric shopping...

4849991544_0d1cc83c1c.jpg

Front with open rocket pods

4849370235_430597cf1b.jpg

4849401847_338127a591.jpg

4849998144_de977731c4.jpg

Landing gear down

4850003266_f201d0181c.jpg

The Docking Station for the Freight Pod

4849390383_151770328d.jpg

Li'l Scarlacc is refueld

4850014748_87d966715c_b.jpg

Edited by KimT

:wub: Words fail me with this. What an absolutely breath taking ship.

The details are awesome and the little features makes it great.

I can't say anything else, Well Done :classic:

jansued, this is awesome. I love this. You captured the WW2 fighter feal really well and transposed that nicely to Star Wars. I love the greebling and the details that you've put into this. The decail adds that finishing touch. My favourite MOC I've seen ever. Brilliant. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is a fantastic creation. I really like the heavy clunky look that you created. The nose looks pretty good. Looks like it can take a fair bit of pounding. Well done and thanks for sharing.

This is fantastic! i really like the bulkiness of the ship.

i also like the color scheme of the dark gray and yellow :thumbup:

Looks like a great machine and could very well be found in the Star Wars Universe. Although you said P 41d, I would have thought that fighter seems a bit slender to be your inspiration. I'm getting P 47 Thunderbolt from your design.

Looks like a great machine and could very well be found in the Star Wars Universe. Although you said P 41d, I would have thought that fighter seems a bit slender to be your inspiration. I'm getting P 47 Thunderbolt from your design.

Oh you were right. I meant the P47 ....

Very good. When are you entering it in the contest.

Already done. Waiting for the Admin..

I love it- I like the sort of 'trashed' look to it. I also like the use of the dropship sticker (I wish I had that set)

Beautiful and MEAN :angry: looking! That front/nose with the rockets looks positively deadly! :thumbup:

Just love this model...:sweet:

OMG ! *oh2*

Now that's building a sci-fi vehicle, one of the finest space/SW creations I have ever seen and the detail is beyond AWESOME ! :grin:

When I first saw it this craft came to my mind..........

mrapier15.jpg

A Rapier from Wing Commander the movie.

Anyway excellent work and congrat's on being front paged - I'm a conformist! 'jansued' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Words cannot describe this creation, hands down for this epic ship! It looks fierce and heavy. Armed and dangerous! The decal is awesome as well for the landing platform, the finishing touches. Congratulations with this MOC and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Wow, that's a great-looking ship you got there jansued! default_thumbup.gif I have to disagree that it isn't ugly at all, the amazing amount of details are just awesome. Hope you do well in the contest Sir.

I usually don't really comment on creations in the starwars forum but I must say this creation looks great! It kinda give off a "Weequay pirates" feel if they made a space vessel.

I only hope that with my limited building skill that I can build as fine a creation as this. Wow what an intimidating ship this would be to see. I like the cockpit/escape pod and for some reason the teeth on the nose. The best of luck in the contest, I think you have a pretty good shot!

Ugly!

Awesome ugly! :wink:

The front angle says it all! It looks like it might fly like a pig but strike like a swarm of horribly be-weaponed Lego enthusiasts!! :classic:

I see a bit more of the F 4U Corsair in the design even with the air intake - but what gets me good is the teeth! Now they've got to do something for the war effort...

Love it!

I really like it. Where is the sticker from? Or is it your own made?

Its from the Republic Dropship - a 250 € sticker ;-)

If this was an official lego ship and was in the catalog I would 100000% buy it, depending on the price