WetWired

MOC: Costume Corner - Finished!

UPDATE!, This MOC is now up for voting on CUUSOO!

Modular Costume Store for Collectible Minifgures, Vote now on CUUSOO

Introducing the "Costume Corner" in the modular style of Cafe Corner, Grand Emporium, Green Grocer and Fire Brigade!

For all your costume and disguise needs look no further...unless of course the costumes you're after AREN'T a Collectible Minifigures of the Series 1 variety.

I'm done, it's been about 2 months in the making, I've made a few changes since my original post, mainly to the upstairs interior but also I've remade the tree, raised the bottom floor slightly, improved the rooftop skylights and lots of other minor tweaks, anyway here it is!

Edited by Hinckley
Text over size three violates the SIte Guidelines

Wow. Well done love the interior detail as well as the stairs by the front door!

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Not too bad, i like it, but you should use 1x4 green-white plates, not 1x2 ones, what do you think?

Yeah.... and higher roofs. 3 hihgh is too short i think, isn't it?

You should make the corner decoration with tiles, not with brick. The air conditioner is good idea, I will steal it :vader:

AWESOME 'WetWired' just AWESOME - that front entrance is just beautiful ! :grin:

Also such a beautiful interior - excellent job 'WetWired' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Great, I love this! Both exterior and interior are well-designed and well-executed. I like the masks shelf detail the best. Impressive work WetWired! default_thumbup.gif

Fantastic MOC, you have a huge amount of detail packed into this, yet it never seems busy or with distracting colors. Every time I look into the photos, I can see more elements and details that I've missed the first time around, all of which that fit the bill perfectly. My only real complaint with it all is that it's a little dark, mind you, I've noticed that you use a lot of parts from the Apple Tree House - and on a side note, I just noticed the window shaker air conditioner - sublime. I also adore the way that you use the S1 Minfigs and the Grey Baby dinos as features of decor - it's always interesting to see minifigs, or their requisite parts being used to fill in the world, rather than just being parts of "Living" figs.

This is the sort of MOC that I would absolutely love to purchase as a set from TLG. It could easily fit in with, or be offered as an alternative build to the Grand Emporium, which is pretty striking to say considering that it isn't saturated with big "Hey, look at this, it's awesome!" segments, just a lot of loving detail.

Fantastic job.

Beautiful piece of modular creations and worthy of matching it together with the recent modular sets. I am really impressed with the details on the exterior and even more excited with your superb interior. :wub:

And, this is now blogged in Classic-Town.net.

See it on Classic-Town.net

I really like it. I see no fault in it at all. There is a lot of detail in all the right proportion as others have mentioned, but its well thought out and fits well with the modular street theme. Good job and keep up these excellent MOCs. Air conditioning is a top idea.

This is a great modular building WetWired. The dark-blue roof goes well with all the grays and white in the building and provides a touch of color, as do the awnings. The idea for a statue on the corner is great and you integrated it well. The wide stairs with the dragons are really nice as well.

The interior is really lovely. The relatively 'calm' first floor, the beautifully integrated staircase, and the real 'treasure room' upstairs. I'm surprised at how well the Collectible Figs work as dummies. But that's probably due to a large extent to how you placed them as well. Excellent!

Amazing! Great job! I really like the drab looks on the outside and the fantastic inside! If this was a set I'd buy it :grin:

Lets see more of these! :thumbup:

Well done indeed! a truly beautiful moc with an inspired front design, I love the selection of pieces and detail you used, and the upstairs is simply beautiful! :thumbup:

Wow, very cool, with a bundle of great techniques. However, I would recommend replacing the collectible figure heads with plain yellow heads.

This set, I mean MOC, is so epic. I wish eurobricks could sign a contract saying all extremly awesome MOC's should become sets, because this would be a "must have" set. keep up the good work Brickster!

keep up the good work Brickster!

I share your thoughts CF, but this is the work of WetWired. This wonderful creation is far above my building talent.

It is; however, well deserving of a front-page! :thumbup:

This is lovely work indeed - very impressive and an amazing way to display the Collectible Minifigs!

I can only imagine the store will fill up as more 'costumes' are added to the collection :wink:

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions

Not too bad, i like it, but you should use 1x4 green-white plates, not 1x2 ones, what do you think?

Yeah.... and higher roofs. 3 hihgh is too short i think, isn't it?

You should make the corner decoration with tiles, not with brick. The air conditioner is good idea, I will steal it :vader:

I'm quite limited in how many pieces I have, I have all of the other CC style buildings but I built this one with the pieces left over from other sets, which isn't much in my case as I've only been out of my dark ages for about 2 or so years now.

I don't have enough 1x4s in green so I dunno how it would look longer, the roof though I did make higher but just didn't work visually, the height kind of reduced the impact of the center roof piece with the statue inside.

I do agree with you making the corner decoration on the top floor tiles (the same as the bottom) instead of bricks, but again it came down to my limit pieces.

I truly scraped the bottom of the barrel for pieces building this, in many cases I'd place a piece and look down to find it was the last one, but I no longer needed any more after that :)

I truly scraped the bottom of the barrel for pieces building this, in many cases I'd place a piece and look down to find it was the last one, but I no longer needed any more after that :)

This is a wonderful build, and it doesn't look like you were limited by parts. You've done a great job working with what you had.