Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

Aayla VS. Aayla

290 members have voted

1. 1. Which Aayala Secura minifig is better?

• TLG's Aayla Secura
    • Arealight's Aayla Secura

gallery_101_23_281.gif

4847943801_9ba6822c43_b.jpg

With the thousands in attendance (in this forum)... And the millions around the world watching in television (not really)...

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmm.... LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!

Introducing first, in the Red Corner, standing 41.61mm tall and weighing 4.8 grams, fighting out of Denmark and representing The Lego Company, AAYLA SECUUUURA...

And in the Blue Corner, also standing 41.61mm tall and weighing 4.8 grams, the fighting pride of Taiwan and representing Arealight Custom Work, AAYLA SECUUUURA...

LET’S GE IT ON!!!

4847944619_5e1bf5e55e_b.jpg

4848566542_20667c2036_b.jpg

Some comparison pics (courtesy of Roland :: Nienke via flickr )

4848566680_7cf83ee2bb_b.jpg

4847945501_69b2c77e14_b.jpg

4847943981_02ca68e1f2_b.jpg

Which Aayla will win this fight? Cast your votes now to determine who’s the better Aayla of the two.

ADDED: Reference pic of the Clone Wars Aayla Secura to help you decide.

4847944113_26766e9db4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My own verdict: At first, without the benefit of a comparative analysis, I thought Arealight’s Aayla was the better one mainly because of the unique custom curved torso and cheaper price. But after taking a closer look at both versions I realized that TLG’s Aayla has more accurate details (Lekku shape and print, face details, torso prints, headgear) compared to Arealight’s. I never thought I would say this, but TLG’s Aayla is better in terms of overall design, while Arealight’s Aayla wins in the price battle.

I already have Arealight’s Aayla, and I would also love to have TLG’s Aayla in the near future (if not for that steep price!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Kit Fisto has already made up his mind and went for the 'hotter' chick... :wink:

4847945581_28616dcca2.jpg

Credits: TLG Aayla Secura ref. pics courtesy of pasukaru76 (flickr) - top picture, jansued (EB) - headtail back view, and Roland :: Nienke (flickr) - comparison photos.

Edited by KimT

I dont like the arealight one that much because of the shaped torso, its really red lips and the angry expression. Also the Lego one is a lot more 'kid friendly', if you know what I mean. :tongue:

I own the Arealight version and I (without currently owning the TLG version) pick the TLG one. It's a close decision though. The sleeker head-gear and the backprinting wins the day for me. I'm not sure what face I like better; I do prefer her looking grumpy though.

Even though I admit that TLG's Aayla has better details and accuracy, I had a change of heart and decided to vote for the Arealight version. In fairness to Arealight, he had the best-looking Aayla Secura MF design-wise and quality-wise among all the custom Aayla Securas around. And he released his version (and made available to the public) during a time when LSW fans were clamoring for a Twi-lek fig and it took TLG only this year to release their official version. For the simple fact that Arealight did service to us LSW fans by offering his Aayla (and other Twi'leks as well), he gets my vote from that point of view.

As much as I respect Arealights work, and I wish I owned one of his twileks, I must say I like TLG’s twilek better.

I voted TLG's version, because it has more printing, although the TLG's headgear is made in China because it comes in a separate bag.

Excluding the fact that I don't really like custom pieces in general, I still think the official version is better. The pieces are more compatible (especially the head), and I like the colour of the minifig better (regardless of the character's actual colour).

I do prefer her looking grumpy though.

Always with the sweet talk Sieggo.

It is a tough decision, though I like TLG using the dark brown, and back printing, Arealight probably had to develop his customs from scratch with a lot less in the way of resources available. I own the Arealight version, and would probably like to own the TLC version but the set doesn't warrant buying so far.

To me, the other one is not actually a lego figure. True, its made from a lego figure, but after all the modifications, it just doesnt have the same lego feel to me. I also dislike the curved torso.

TLG wins for me.

:pir_yoda:

Even though I admit that TLG's Aayla has better details and accuracy, I had a change of heart and decided to vote for the Arealight version. In fairness to Arealight, he had the best-looking Aayla Secura MF design-wise and quality-wise among all the custom Aayla Securas around. And he released his version (and made available to the public) during a time when LSW fans were clamoring for a Twi-lek fig and it took TLG only this year to release their official version. For the simple fact that Arealight did service to us LSW fans by offering his Aayla (and other Twi'leks as well), he gets my vote from that point of view.

I don't think voting for TLC's version is saying Arealight's is worthless, or degrading Arealight's service to AFOLs in any way. It's just saying which one you like better.

I for one liked TLC's better from the start. It has better details and more Lego-like in nature. Can't wait to get one of my own!

To me, the other one is not actually a lego figure. True, its made from a lego figure, but after all the modifications, it just doesnt have the same lego feel to me. I also dislike the curved torso.

TLG wins for me.

:pir_yoda:

PS-

They are called lekku! not tentacles!!!! :sceptic:

Please stop saying this people!!! :hmpf_bad:

(Yes, this matters) :laugh:

While I like the colors of the "new" version more, I don't like her facial expression, her lekku (it's somewhat too long and less curvy than what I'd expect) and her "abs" (would fit a male more). I vote for the LEGO version.

Edited by Renthicya

I voted for TLG, though I'm surprised the majority is so large in its favour. I prefer the face printing and the separate lekku headpiece. I'm also not a fan of Arealight's curved torsos, I think they make the hips look very odd, but I will admit that Arealight's stuff is great quality overall.

I prefer TLG version.

The calm expression is more in line with the character, especially as seen in Clone Wars series.

The fact that the head-tails can be separated from the head is another good point, while the fact the 'forehead protector' is part of the same piece is not a great problem according to me.

Arealight's wins hands down for me. Strangely Arealight's version has a more traditional lego minifig face compared to the horrible Clone Wars face on the TLG version. I'll admit the torso priniting and lekku are slightly better on the TLG version, but I really have an issue with the Clone Wars face prints.

I like them both.

My vote goes for TLG as it got a headgear that his far better.

but the TLG headgear is specific to Aayla when the Arealight's one is done to fit to all kind of twi'leks. so hard to juge.

and I agree with "Renegade Clone". Strangely, Aeralight's Aayla has got a more traditionna Lego style...

TLG's clone war line is far from the Lego design especially with eyes. Manga/japanimation style of eyes... :S

Arealight did an amazing work on the twi'leks and this when a lot of people were waiting for it.

I already got a lot of twi'lek from Arealight (the first wave) and i think I will try to have the TLG version f Aayla even if it will be hard to have it for a reasonable price.

Both are nice! :)

Edited by Toth

Aerealight's gets my vote. simply because of the time and effort he put into creating it. The modified torso could be improved I suppose, lengthen the indent upwards a little but I prefer the indented sides to TLG's printed shadow giving the feminine shape. TLG could do something similar and create a specific female torso piece.

I think the face on Aerealight's is more like the character of Aayla Secura. More determined and focused. TLG's seems too benign and passive.

Arealight's is`good, but the eye's have.....the genuine Lego figure with the correct eyes I my opinion is the better of the two.

I'm a conformist! ! :yoda:

I hate to disagree with the mob... but I'm rooting for Arealight. :sweet:

I also new thought I would say this but TLG's is better. The head is a better mold and the face looks good.

Arealights is good but just beaten by TLG's effort.