Sign in to follow this  
Dino_Bot

My Dinosaur ArtWork

Well, A new topic.

I draw dinosaurs ALWAYS, in my spare time, at school (Helps me listen and not fall asleep), and i've been drawing them out of intuitive feelings forever. So, enjoy!

2006-04-03-1556-35.jpg

Dinotyrannus megagracilis, a tyrannosaur with albertosaur affinities

2006-04-03-1601-32.jpg

Heyuannia huangi, a relatively new oviraptorosaur

2006-04-03-1603-08.jpg

Magyarosaurus dacus, the smallest titanosaur, found in various parts in Europe.

2006-04-03-1605-12.jpg

Paralititan stromeri, the 2nd biggest dinosaur, found in Egypt.

2006-04-03-0149-49.jpg

Coelurus fragilis, an enigmatic coelurosaurian from the Morrison formation in the US.

2006-04-03-0138-12.jpg

Andesaurus delgadoi, a giant dinosaur from South America.

2006-04-03-0152-16.jpg

Microvenator celer, a small "caenagnathid" apparent, this one with the toucan beak reconstruction.

2006-04-03-2202-55.jpg

Pyroraptor olympius, a dromaeosaur from Europe. May be synonymus with Variraptor mechinorum.

2006-04-03-2206-06.jpg

Triceratops elatus, one of the variations of Triceratops.

2006-04-03-2208-01.jpg

Fukuisaurus tetoriensis, an iguanodont from Japan

2006-04-03-2211-23.jpg

Amazonsaurus maranhensis, an odd diplodocid from Brazil.

2006-04-03-2213-53.jpg

Eucamerotus foxii, a brachiosaur.

2006-04-12-2244-13.jpg

Gargoyleosaurus parkpini, the oldest ankylosaur, may be synonymus with Mymoorapelta.

2006-04-12-2246-24.jpg

goyocephale lattimorei, a homalocephalian pachycephalosaur.

2006-04-12-2250-22.jpg

Lambeosaurus lambei, a giant hadrosaur with a hatchet like crest.

2006-04-12-2356-24.jpg

Galveosaurus herreroi, from Spain.

2006-04-12-2343-46.jpg

Pelecanimimus polydon, from Spain.

You can sure draw some pretty amazing things. Perhaps you should try your hand at a Spinosaurus, it has always been my favourite. About the Pyroraptor Olympius, why is he named Pyroraptor? Did he breathe fire or did he have an orange color scheme?

You can sure draw some pretty amazing things. Perhaps you should try your hand at a Spinosaurus, it has always been my favourite. About the Pyroraptor Olympius, why is he named Pyroraptor? Did he breathe fire or did he have an orange color scheme?

I drew 3 Spinosaurs, but Im unhappy with each of them. Pyroraptor, I'm not sure what's the story behind it. Variraptor (a possible synonym) was named so because it was found in Var, a place in France. But no, he did not breathe fire or was orange, lol...

Thanks!

Anyways, Im worried that the files are too big...at another forum I was asked to just link them...

|-/

So, is it ok?

Nice stuff! deino.gif

I've been attempting dinosaurs since I was old enough to hold a crayon, but I think my art style is just way too cartoony to do anything of real quality (Here's a scanned example from about 6 years ago that was part of some character work-ups I was doing for something I was authoring)

And if I remember correctly, the formation Pyroraptor olympus was found in was discovered after a fire had cleared the area...hence the name.

Just one question...is Triceratops elatus' skull supposed to be that elongated, or is that just how he's drawn there? deino.gif

Those are pretty good Dinobot, i like the detail on em. Have you done any Velociraptors? Cause they were my favourite when i was younger. I think they work very well as pieces, maybe you should try some light colouring to enhance them.

I have done velociraptors, but tey're overrated...

Dilophosaurus is my favorite dinosaur! I did a sinensis and its pretty crappy, but I will do another one one of these days!

Oviraptor is pretty cool but I can never find a good skeletal gallery to refer myself to, I might just do one w/o a skeletal gallery, but, its a hard dinosaur to make, I try to stay away from those, lol.

2006-04-14-1613-42.jpg

I made this one today, an Aragosaurus ischiaticus, from Spain.

2006-04-14-1622-43.jpg

Tanycolagreus topwilsoni, a big coelurosaur from the Morrison formation in the US.

Last batch for a looong time!

2006-04-16-0131-15.jpg

Qantassaurus intrepidus, a small hypsilophodontid, known for only a dentary...Yes, I reconstructed it out of a couple of teeth and gum. The known material only are able to suggest that it has a deeper face than the rest of th hypsilophodontids...But I take the body to be the same style.

2006-04-16-0134-34.jpg

Nqwebasaurus twazi, a South African Coelurosaur.

2006-04-16-0136-45.jpg

Neimongosaurus yangi, a Therizinosaur, and a small one too!

2006-04-16-0139-25.jpg

Triceratops calicornis, another variation, and im not too happy with this one...

and finally...

2006-04-16-0144-38.jpg

the almighty, and overrated, SPINOSAURUS! this is the best out of 3 I made, and im still not happy with it...It was the biggest carnovorous animal to walk the land...the land of Egypt, and north Africa...

These are the last I will post in a looong time, and they are just a very tiny portion of an archive of more than a 100 dinosaurs. And these are the best, In my opinion, lol. The rest...need fixing, and they aren't perfect...They aren't meant to be, with age, my power grows...lol. I also make sculptures, but they're artsy, and "cute", they just follow generic dinosaur shapes, altough I usually just make them after a dinosaur, and even name them, but they end up being generic. If you know dinosaur, you'll *GASP* know which ones they are! Maybe some day I'll take pictures of them...

Anyways, that's it for this edition, and its 2 in the morning, and I can't type, so...good ngith! and enjoy!

These are rather good! I used to draw dinosaurs in my younger days but I wasn't that good at it. However, some years later I managed to draw one that was about as good as yours. However, due to my lack of ability I couldn't draw a decent background...

I occassionally do backgrounds...but I get bored easily. and I lso do backgrounds when I'm going to color them.

I sent one of my Beipiaosauru drawings to a regional high school art show in Spokane, WA. and im in the porecess of doing a big big background one with some raptors on it....But I haven't begun coloring it.

2006-04-18-2111-39.jpg

so much for not posting a dinosaur for some time, but I felt obliged to post a Carnotaurus. Someone at another forum asked me to put one, and...well, I don't like this Carnotaurus.

2006-04-29-2225-03_edited.jpg

Szechuanosaurus zigongensis, an allosaur. I made it look like a ceratosaur, due to the fact its got 4 digits...And thee reconstruction I used looked a lot like a Ceratosaur, so...

2006-04-29-2227-05.jpg

Rhabdodon priscus, a French Iguanodont.

2006-05-02-1932-52.jpg

Brachytrachelopan mesai, sauropod with the shortest neck, from Argentina.

2006-05-02-1915-38.jpg

Malawisaurus/Janenschia, unclear which one is which, may be the same, but Janenschia is the official name since, if they happen to be the same, was found almost a century earlier, and, Malawisaurus gives us much needed info on Titanosaurs.

As you can see, I LOVE SAUROPODS! they're so awesome, and they're so many...And big, and beautiful.

Malawisaurus/Janenschia, unclear which one is which, may be the same

As far as I'm aware they're still two seperate genus'. M. dixeyi has been pared down into the Lithostrotia Node so far, and J. robusta is still lingering up there in the Titanosauria Stem, so there's still a chance they're the same beast, but it's still kind of up in the air (as always) Deino.jpg

I have to look at the bones in person, what remains do they have? I know that Malawisaurus has a skull in good shape. But what about Janenschia? What have they on it?

Hey Dino Bot, have you heard of that new Tyranosaur. It's supposed to be bigger than Carcardontosaurous. Of course it's very long compared to T-Rex.

Its not a Tyrannosaur, its a Carcharodontosaur!

Mapusaurus rosseae, unfused nasals, short arms, blade like teeth, gregarious habits, and a mean disposition!

I have to look at the bones in person, what remains do they have? I know that Malawisaurus has a skull in good shape. But what about Janenschia? What have they on it?

Some of the limbs for starters, that's as far as I've seen anything remarked on at least. I can't seem to able to scrape up a holotype specimen number to investigate further :-P

3 hind limbs(more than one specimen...), 2 forelimbs, manus, 2 dorasls, and a caudal series... For Janenschia (robusta), As for Malawisaurus, they have some verts, a well preserved hip, a partial scapula, sternal plates, premaxillia, dentaries, and teeth. The skull, its a bit different than that of other titanosaurs, its high and short, different than that of Rapetosaurus, for example, which had a long and low skull, or that of Jiangshanosaurus, which looks like Rapetosaurus'.

http://palaeo-electronica.org/2005_1/gomani27/issue1_05.htm

There's that, a description of Malawisaurus, complete with pictures. Karongasaurus was another sauropod found there, that I have yet to draw!

Also, on a small note, DinoData says that Malawisaurus and Janenschia ARE the same, Jananschia being the official name.

2006-05-04-2330-41.jpg

Shenzhousaurus orientalis, one of my better ornithomimosaur attempts...I hate the shading. Its horrible, I made a mistake and the only way I could cover it was...meh. Damned erasers.

Its not a Tyrannosaur, its a Carcharodontosaur!

Mapusaurus rosseae, unfused nasals, short arms, blade like teeth, gregarious habits, and a mean disposition!

Oh, crud, I really need to catch up dino-wise! *wacko*

Do you draw mammal like reptiles because I would really like to see you draw a Dimetrodon Loomis.