Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

Oxford Princess

Well, thanks to crossmr I have finally been able to get hold of some Oxford set. So here is one, a lovely pink princess!

qbox.jpg

Box is in Korean, so I can't say what it says...

qbag.jpg_thumb.jpgqstruc.jpg_thumb.jpg

The box contained the bag of parts, a single sheet of instructions and some stickers.

qparts.jpg_thumb.jpg qspares.jpg_thumb.jpg

The unusual parts are a nice shade of pink and trans-glitter pink. The hinge is 8 studs long (4 on each arm) and the fence is a different one to the common Lego part. The gem is similar to the crystal ball, it is hollow inside and fits over a 2x2 space with a round base.

sprue.jpg_thumb.jpg

The accessories: A mirror, fan and mop... Why there is a mop I have no idea, it is possibly a standard feature of the sprue.

qbuilt.jpg

The finished set. Princess Pinkerton in her odd room. The figure is all one part, her dress is hollow. 3x2 wide at the base.

qdraggy.jpg

As you can see, it is fully Lego compatible, I don't think Pink is quite Draggy's colour, but he still insisted in checking his reflection. Fun fact: The arms are Lego arms, 100% compatibility in all areas :thumbup:

The plastic is wonderful quality and very bright colours. The parts grip Lego as well as other Lego grips Lego and doesn't look amiss. A fine addition to any collection. Considering Lego's inability to create sets that are marketed at girls, this is a real contender.

Hope you enjoyed the review. :thumbup:

Disclaimer: No Dragonators were harmed in the creation of this review (much)

Great review! :classic: This set looks....okay... The colors seem to to be good and solid, and the compatibility looks good too. But when it comes down to it, I just could never buy a clone brand.

Thanks for the review. :sweet:

-

General Redwater

nice to see this finally~ I think it is kind of nice that Oxford makes accessory sprues. It kind of guarantees on small sets that you're going to get far more than you bargained for. It is also nice to have this kind of feminine style to go with some of the other styles, even the castle ones.

Thanks for the review. This set looks great. Anyone knows if they will be doing more Castle/Fantasy stuff? A siege weapons line would do well, I guess. Something like this. And

Thanks for the review. This set looks great. Anyone knows if they will be doing more Castle/Fantasy stuff? A siege weapons line would do well, I guess. Something like this. And

They've already done it.

GT0720-00.jpg

GT0722-00.jpg I've reviewed this set look for it

Their castle playsets include variations on the same models

http://www.oxfordtoy.co.kr/product/small_srs.asp?category=%BF%C1%BD%BA%C6%F7%B5%E5+%C5%C2%BF%D5+%B1%A4%B0%B3%C5%E4

GT5000.jpg

Not to mention this traditional rocket launcher which I've also reviewed.

I'm just disappointed that the face is so bland. I would pay for a set like that just to get another variety of female face - there are precious few amongst Lego minifigs - but not for that one.

I have two small sets from the same oxford princess theme. They sure have some lovely parts, but the figs are so simple. One colored messy printing and paper dresses... :angry:

Plastic dress. It is the entire figure though, only head and arms are seperate. The figure is hollow inside and has no further grip other than that provided by the 2x3 cross section.

I'll admit, I laughed when I saw the broom was included (even as a sprue piece). Sweeping isn't work fit for a princess! :P

And the pic with.... um... "Draggy" is it? Hee hee

Interesting to see the set anyway.

Edited by TheWarden

Awww, I'm a little princess. :wub:

Err, that is, nice review Peppy, what an interesting little set. That dress seems so strange, not a piece you'd ever see from TLG I don't think! Some interesting pieces in there though, including that extra long hinge plate. It even has a fairly suitable paddle in the form of that mirror (don't tell Hinck :look: ).

Very well presented. :thumbup:

Aw it's cute ! :grin:

A little girls dream....well sort of eh ?

I guess this fills a void Lego doesn't really touch on anymore so some has to take up the slack.

Thanks 'Peppermint_M' for the review and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yup its a year old topic and Im new here thats why i just replied recently.

Generally, it's not considered good form to bump an old topic unless you really have something of value to say. It really was the content of your post that irked me. Even if you hadn't bumped an old topic, your comment was not appropriate.

My warning was not meant for debate.

And watch your punctuation.

Dont you realize this is something imporant of a realization for me since i always thought that sluban princess was their original design and i recently discovered that it was rip off from oxford? Thats peppermint for that. Maybe it was unimporant for you. Its ok i wont debate with that. Im typing on an iphone so sorry for the punctuation errors. You may remove me its your call youre the admin. Thanks anyway.

Dont you realize this is something imporant of a realization for me since i always thought that sluban princess was their original design and i recently discovered that it was rip off from oxford? Thats peppermint for that. Maybe it was unimporant for you. Its ok i wont debate with that.

Hi Callwork, and welcome to Eurobricks.

What you said here is true, but what is important to you might not be so important to the vast majority of members here on EB. The Staff's job is to keep the forums on topic, relevant and readable for everyone. This includes taking the trouble to punctuate your posts correctly. Additionally, we felt your initial comment was unnecessarily offensive. As Cornelius said, this isn't a matter for debate.

Please take this on board. Also, we'd suggest you take the time to introduce yourself here.

Thanks!

I really don't mean to bump an old topic, but I am curious about something. Peppermint, is that fan piece the same as the CMF Kimono Girl figure? I t looks incredibly similar. Are there other pieces that are the same as LEGO, jut different brand?

I really don't mean to bump an old topic, but I am curious about something. Peppermint, is that fan piece the same as the CMF Kimono Girl figure? I t looks incredibly similar. Are there other pieces that are the same as LEGO, jut different brand?

The fan is slightly different, just slightly but enough.

There are a few other brands with similar parts to LEGO but ever so slightly changed to avoid legal problems.

I will try and locate the Oxford fan for a comparison picture :thumbup: