Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Best 2010 SW set?

Best 2010 SW set?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite SW set of 2010?

• 8093 Plo Koon's Starfighter
    • 8095 General Grievous' Starfighter
    • 8098 Clone Turbo Tank
    • 8086 Droid Tri-Fighter
    • 8088 ARC-170 Starfighter
    • 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder
    • 8128 Cad Bane
    • 8085 Freeco Speeder
    • 8087 TIE Defender
    • 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle
    • 8083 Rebel Troopers BP
    • 8084 Snowtrooper BP
    • 8092 Luke's Landspeeder
    • 8129 AT-AT Walker
    • 8099 Midi-Scale Imperial Star Destroyer
    • 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave
    • 8097 Slave 1
    • 10215 UCS Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter
    • 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle

Since I only own three of this year's sets, both battle packs and Luke's speeder, I voted for the speeder. Not owning anything else, I feel that I can't really make too much of an informed opinion, and what I know is based on photo's and speculation, including my rantings about the AT-AT in the rumours thread.

And although I've put the speeder down as my choice for 2010, I'm not that happy with it. The figures are the new designs with the big eyes and evil white pupils. The storm trooper with black pauldron was a nice touch though.

I thought the speeder was the wrong colour. Tan looks good, but it's not sand red like the previous speeder. The rest of the speeder was mostly ok though, with the extra engine detail and the rounded wind shield giving a more authentic look to the vehicle. The use of 7 2x2 round dishes on the underside of the speeder was a bit excessive. Three would have sufficed. If Lego needed to boost the piece count, an extra Stormtrooper or Tatooine denizen would have been better. Maybe another Jawa?

Edited by afosl

I would have voted for Slave 1, but I'm disappointed its not UCS. So for me its a tie between UCS Shuttle and Jedi Starfighter. The former cause its big and awesome and the latter because its a cool model.

Perhaps it would have been more fair to the regular system sets to have left out the UCS sets?

Anyways, I think the UCS Imperial Shuttle is far superior and thus it gets my vote.

Of the regular sets I really like the Clone Turbo Tank.

I have to say, 2010 may be the worst year for LSW, in my opinion. Very few of the sets are attractive to me, and I haven't even gotten a single one of them yet.

Anyways, my favorite SW set this year is 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle. Unlike so many other SW sets, this one, if I recall correctly, has a very fair price-per-parts ratio (60 USD for almost 600 parts is about what you'd get in any other theme), whereas sets like the Wampa Cave and Swamp Speeder are ridiculously priced. Not to mention that it's been a good while since we've gotten a good, non-CW PT set. It looks great, and is definitely a ship I'd like to have to round out my Sith ship collection. The figs are also great, too, with a neat, tattered Anakin/ Vader (I like the change from gray to medium flesh for the skin tone), the rare Sideous, and one of the new clone pilots. I could care less for the action figure-y medical droid, though. All in all, a fantastic set, and one of the few SW sets that I will be aiming to buy this year.

On a side note, I also really like the UCS Imperial Shuttle. Unfortunately, I have to make room in my budget for other things.

My vote goes to the ARC-170 Starfighter, for the simple reason that I love the ship when I first saw it in ROTS. It was also the perfect time for me to finally have one since I missed out on the first version. Great design, relatively acceptable price, plus it has my fave jedi of all, Kit Fisto. What more can I ask for? (Come to think of it, a third ARC pilot would have made the set perfect)

Edited by KielDaMan

My vote goes to the ARC-170 Starfighter, for the simple reason that I love the ship when I first saw it in ROTS. It was also the perfect time for me to finally have one since I missed out on the first version. Great design, relatively acceptable price, plus it has my fave jedi of all, Kit Fisto. What more can I ask for? (Come to think of it, a third ARC pilot would have made the set perfect)

I agree. My favorite part is the great handle on the bottom. That's a really great thing to have in a set (remember; playability is also being able to hold it...) while also being non-obtrusive.