MightySlickPancake

[MOC] Hoth battle

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Before I start I need to say thanks to Brickdoctor for the speeder design and to marshal_banana for the inspiration of the base design. If either of you dont want me to use these designs I apologise, I thought I should give credit first.

(updated)

Hey starwars fans,

After I finished my previous Hoth moc I felt that it looked unfinished so I decided to add a new section.

So here it is.

Now the moc.

01.jpg

I wanted to make a minifig display that looked nice but was small. I also wanted to make it modular(ish) so more sections could be added.

08.jpg

19.jpg

28.jpg

"There is too many of them, send reinforcements"

17.jpg

15.jpg

I tried to make the rebels section WW1 like with trench design and a dugout.

11.jpg

"Go,Go,Go,"..."Remember, no prisoners"!

Now my favourite bit, the glow in the dark ice pond!! :tongue:

I used 7 glow in the dark tiles with clear plates on top to give depth to the ice. Some pieces are on different levels to also improve how it looks.

21.jpg

Normal light.

22.jpg

Dark but with a small amount of light.

20.jpg

Complete darkness.

04.jpg

The scout going in for the kill, Thanks to Brickdoctor for the speeder design.

06.jpg

07.jpg

Lord Vader has arrived. I know the at-st pilots shouldn't be there but i dont have any other appropriate figs.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

"but wait" I hear you cry "that dosnt look like an At-At"! it is supposed to be a badly damaged AT-AT with minimal detail if any.

13.jpg

The flat tiles are where supposed to be compacted snow as the head slid on the floor, I dont think it worked that well.

14.jpg

"Ah S*** cried the the officer as he realised what just happened"

21.jpg

greebling on the bottom.

29.jpg

Its all over

Thanks for looking, I hope you like it. My brickshelf gallery old version and new version, I recomend that you look at both folders to get a better idea of the whole thing. I do intend to make more sections and if i do what should they be? Comments and suggestions welcome.

03.jpg

"Oh MY G" were the last words echo base got from the front.

Thanks, CB

P.S. There were scout troopers on hoth as seen here.

Snow_Scout.jpg

Edited by crabboy329

I must say the first picture grabbed me and then it just kept getting better. I love your attention to details, like the poor Guy curled up in the fetal position on the radio.

Great job!

Not sure about the green neon glow-in-the-dark ice, but the idea is brilliant; a very Hoth-like feel with the trenches.

Great MOC all around!

Thanks guys I am not sure myself why I put the glowing pieces in, but it did look cool. So many nice comments for my first starwars moc :cry_happy::thumbup:.

I forgot to show what I ment when I said it was modular. here are two pics explaining.

30.jpg

31.jpg

Thanks, CB

Excellent battle scene 'crabboy329' :vader: - Hoth is one of my favorite battle scenes out of the whole SW series.

Yeah, those Snowtroopers didn't take prisoners !

Great rebel fire control centre too !

Excellent work 'crabboy329' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I like Most of your details but IMO your trench looks very inaccurate. But other than that it looks great.

Excellent job on this one, I never acquired enough clear plates to add ice into any of my creations. Could I see a picture of your atgar cannon? You didn't make a picture that shows it completely.

@'sok117 Icon' there is one in my brickshelf folder, but I thnk you mean this?

10.jpg

It really isnt my best I just threw it together for the picture and I will make a new one soon. hope this helps.

Thanks, CB

That's awesome! I ahve to agree- Hoth was one of the most epic battles, and IS the best one from OT. That's a really great job. I like the control room.

Great Hoth battle scene crabboy! :thumbup: The details are pretty nice, I like the white version of brickdoctor's speeder. Just curious tough, is the design of the normal brown Endor speederbike exactly the same as this snow speederbike? Correct me if I'm wrong but I see an additional part on the side rear based on your build and the ref. pic.

@'sok117 Icon' there is one in my brickshelf folder, but I thnk you mean this?

10.jpg

It really isnt my best I just threw it together for the picture and I will make a new one soon. hope this helps.

Thanks, CB

Defiantly need to work on that Turret.

hoth is my second favorite battle scene (after Endor) and you have shown it very nicely.

i really like the controls behind the trenches and the glow in the dark.

great job :thumbup:

Nice job! The speeder's not quite a replica of my design, but that's okay. One question: did you base it on the brown version or the white version(on MOCpages)?

Hey starwars fans,

After I finished my previous Hoth moc I felt that it looked unfinished so I decided to add a new section. In this new part I didnt want to have a snowspeeder or some thing like that but I did want an at-at. I immediately realised that there wouldnt be space to put it so I did the next best thing, The burnt head of an at-at after the rebels took it down with the tow cables. I also wanted a place for Lord Vader to go, so he is following the troops into battle.

I have talked for too long so here it is.

01.jpg

The whole thing.

08.jpg

I dont want to focus on the rebels section as only the turret has changed and you can see it Here andHere

04.jpg

The scout going in for the kill, Thanks to Brickdoctor for the speeder design.

Now my favourite bit, the glow in the dark ice pond!! :tongue:

I used 7 glow in the dark tiles with clear plates on top to give depth to the ice. Some pieces are on different levels to also improve how it looks

21.jpg

22.jpg

20.jpg

I still dont know why I put this here but I still love it, so it stays!

The new bit.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

"but wait" I hear you cry "that dosnt look like an At-At"! it is supposed to be a badly damaged AT-AT with minimal detail if any.

13.jpg

The flat tiles are where supposed to be compacted snow as the head slid on the floor, I dont think it worked that well.

14.jpg

"Ah S*** cried the the officer as he realised what just happened"

21.jpg

greebling on the bottom.

Thanks for looking, I hope you like it. My brickshelf gallery old version and new version, I recomend that you look at both folders to get a better idea of the whole thing. Comments and suggestions welcome.

03.jpg

"Oh MY G" were the last words echo base got from the front.

Thanks, CB

Nah.

No need for a new topic on this.

I've merged the topics.

Feel free to update the first post with the new picture though.

Nah.

No need for a new topic on this.

I've merged the topics.

Feel free to update the first post with the new picture though.

Oh yeah sorry about that, thats for merging the two I will try and update them later.

Until next time, CB