Sign in to follow this  
puriri

Black Sea Barracuda

[pid][/pid] 100c

My favorite Pirate set has always been the Black Sea Barracuda and now I bring you my own version:

4836037052_456da969a0_b.jpg

4835431399_e23c7e357e_b.jpg

4836044584_2be8658bcd_b.jpg

4836032694_f71d5a6823_b.jpg

Some futures:

Working capstan:

4836019628_28952980ba_b.jpg

Opening hatches:

4836030464_6ea4ed7c96_b.jpg

Completely floored:

4835414307_04e14a2639_b.jpg

4836026250_644a1091b2_b.jpg

And includes 8 cannons:

4836028390_3fae0f22d1_b.jpg

You'll notice she's flying under Red Coat colors now too.

Thanks for looking, and especially for commenting.

Puriri de Vry

Edited by Captain Blackmoor

Great job! The tiled floors look great, especially the wooden deck :pir-wink:

Great job! The tiled floors look great, especially the wooden deck :pir-wink:

Thanks a lot! I've had the ship built for a while but the decks are relatively new.

When I first saw this, I thought you'd just added hull sections to an otherwise plain BSB. On closer inspection, however, I realized how much you've done with this MOC. Nice work.

When I first saw this, I thought you'd just added hull sections to an otherwise plain BSB. On closer inspection, however, I realized how much you've done with this MOC. Nice work.

Thanks! It does have a lot of extra work done on it. Though it looks pretty much the same on the outside. I would like to make more of the under deck accessible but that's kinda impossible without raising everything, and things like the masts in the deck would all have to be changed. It's hard to see in the photos but all of the masts are actually inlaid into the deck so the ugly basses aren't visible.

I love your mod, this is one of my favorite sets from my childhood and I love what you've done with it.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Expect to see it there soon.

I love your mod, this is one of my favorite sets from my childhood and I love what you've done with it.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Expect to see it there soon.

Thanks a lot!

I really like at the working capstan and the tiled floors, i think at its perfect. Keep it up

Captain Becker

I really like at the working capstan and the tiled floors, i think at its perfect. Keep it up

Captain Becker

Thanks! It took a couple tries to get the ropes right so the anchor would work properly, especially with the deck tiles.

Even though I like the idea of modding the BSB, I think the increased lenght does somewhat spoil the overall appeareance since the ship is -apart from the stern- quite sleek.

Thanks for sharing though.. the dust on it tells me that this is "old" work.

Even though I like the idea of modding the BSB, I think the increased lenght does somewhat spoil the overall appeareance since the ship is -apart from the stern- quite sleek.

Thanks for sharing though.. the dust on it tells me that this is "old" work.

I would agree with you, but personally I think because the stern is so high when the ship is shorter it makes the ship very squat, where when it's longer it makes the curve up to the poop deck much more sleek rather than an abrupt angle.

And yes it is old. The original lengthening is pretty much from when the second run of these finished. The tiling and some of the details and rigging are more recent. It actually was changed to be an airship at one point, but when that fell through (literally because the "balloon was too heavy) I redid everything.