Captain Cavinano

HUGE LDD Second Rate ship of line

(Updates added: Help needed! please scroll to the bottom)

Long time no see guys! Here comes my recent project. :pir_laugh2:

Progress so far:

The line just below the black bricks is the water line

39352_416249734718_637284718_4342140_2929589_n.jpg

39352_416249739718_637284718_4342141_42163_n.jpg

39352_416249744718_637284718_4342142_2141891_n.jpg

39352_416249749718_637284718_4342143_542902_n.jpg

39352_416249754718_637284718_4342144_1161953_n.jpg

39352_416249759718_637284718_4342145_62721_n.jpg

Feel free to give your comments!

Edited by Captain Cavinano

That looks impressive! Seems like you've put an awful lot of work in it :pir-classic:

Are you planning to make this in real? Then how are you going to make it so that you can look inside the ship?

The shape is looking good so far, and I can't wait to see some more real details on it like pumps, small chambers and grates.

Anyway, nice job :thumbup:

Looking good so far. Make sure to make the interior hollow so your computer doesn't crash. I had a bad experience with this :pir_bawling:

It looks like an excellent start. I'd imagine it's pretty close to accurate minifig scale (am I right?). I wish that I had the money to buy enough bricks so that I could build your LDD rendering for real.

A beauty of a ship so far mate, you've gotten the shape of the hull about perfect, and the black on the bow looks very promising indeed. Well done! :thumbup:

Holy Cow! Thats one nice start. Big respect for the shape of the hull. very smooth lines. Im looking forward to see it evolve. judging form its current status shell be a beauty :)

Holy pirate ships, Batman! This is amazing. The back is great with all those windows, and I love all those cannons :pir-vader:

looks absolutly beutifull from the side and the bow is awesome too. but ou should beefen up her rear a bit. the sterngalery is beautifull.

It looks very good, but usually the stern is almost as wide as the widest part of the ship, so I would make it wider.

I would make it a bit more like this:

plan.jpg

..well, not exactly but you get the idea :pir-classic:

But it's looking very good already, keep it up! :thumbup:

Croissant is right, the shape of the hull is totally too narrow of the back of the ship, so change the shape and you are doing great

Captain Becker

You're more then welcome to ask this sort of technical question over at the LDD forum here at Eurobricks, where there is a whole bunch of other LDD nerds ready to help out :pir_laugh2:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showforum=128

However, I propose you keep the main discussion (about the ship building process etc) here at the Pirates forum, where you can get better support about ship layout etc.

Also, if you ever plan to build this ship, you might want to use LDD Manager, in where you can analyze if bricks have been produced in the colors you have used, order bricks from BrickLink etc.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41993

i am currently making the stern wider and ive done a mock up of the sides. have you also considered an interior below the gundecks? is the ship minifig scale?

hey mate. look, i cant fix the hull without rebuilding the entire thing and that would mean that you would have to start again, savvy? :pir_laugh2: no, seriously, towards the bow the ship is perfect, but the stern should only be about 6 to 8 studs narrower than the mid-section. so, what i think you should do is cut it in half, delete the stern apart from the keel and the rudder, and just make it wider.

hope this helps :pir_laugh2:

or you could just keep going with what you've got