Francis Dampierre

ESPG has disappeared!

I play Evil Stevie's Pirate Game on a fairly regular basis with some of my friends, but I tried accessing the ESPG site and got the dreaded 404 error. :pir_bawling: It looks like the server's been taken down, or the ESPG pages were removed. I have my own printout copy of the combat rules (with minor modifications) that I can use, but I now have no access to the Part 2 rules (the campaign game). Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the campaign rules, seperate from the main server?

If anyone knows how to get a copy of these rules, please let me know.

I had been meaning to download them for years, but never did. I would need the regular rules and the campaign rules.

Argh!

Ahab out....................

Edited by AhabDarab

I have two things:

- A print of the rules

- Permission from Steve Jackson to improve upon them

I can make a new ESPG site if needed.

I have two things:

- A print of the rules

I can make a new ESPG site if needed.

Excellent! With the original site gone, it would be much appreciated by many (including myself) if the rules were online again. :pir-classic: At the very least, would you be willing to send the rules to some of us upon request?

Edited by Francis LeBaron

By Jobe we'll hunt down this Evil Stevie (aka Steve Jackson) and get permission to host the rules on Classic-Pirates.com

Does anybody happen to know him?

I have two things:

- A print of the rules

Do you know how to contact him or a representative?

By Jobe we'll hunt down this Evil Stevie (aka Steve Jackson) and get permission to host the rules on Classic-Pirates.com

Does anybody happen to know him?

Do you know how to contact him or a representative?

Maybe you could try through his company?

Maybe you could try through his company?

Not a bad idea, but I remember that the site explicitly stated that ESPG was not licensed under Steve Jackson Games. It was published privately. A way to contact Steve Jackson himself would probably yield more results.

Immediately after my reply to this thread I sent an e-mail to Steve Jackson Games asking for any assistance they could give me. I have yet to hear from them.

Is there anyone out there who downloaded the rule in the past who would be so kind to send them to me? If so please send me a PM or post in this thread.

Thanks you in advance for your trouble.

Ahab out..................

Is there anyone out there who downloaded the rule in the past who would be so kind to send them to me? If so please send me a PM or post in this thread.

I have a copy of the combat rules in a Word Document that I made some slight modifications to. The cannon fire rules are a bit flawed, as Steve Jackson has said himself, so I made some changes. If you give me some time to revert them back to the originals, I can send them to you.

P.S. This is the same user as Francis LeBaron, I ditched my old account because of some weird discrepancies on my old computer :pir-hmpf_bad:

P.S. This is the same user as Francis LeBaron, I ditched my old account because of some weird discrepancies on my old computer :pir-hmpf_bad:

Discrepencies with your computer should have no affect over Eurobricks account.

The Eurobricks Staff prefer users not to create multiple accounts so please contact one of the Root Administrators and they'll assist you. Since Bonaparte is absent, Siegfried would be best choice because he frequents the Pirate forum more than the remaining Room Admins.

Discrepencies with your computer should have no affect over Eurobricks account.

Sorry, it wasn't my computer at all. I haven't done an active login in a while (just used the "remember me" checkbox) and I was entering the wrong password. I'll contact Siegfried and get the other one removed.

Good news. On a total fluke I was able to get Steve Jackson's direct e-mail address. He wrote back to me very quickly. Needless to say, all is now well. ESPG isn't going anywhere. All links now work again except the one on BrickWiki, which simply needs to be changed. So set sail at your leisure and plunder to your hearts content.

Steve Jackson rocks!

Ahab out....................

Fantastic, AhabDarab! That was one spectacular fluke! :pir-tongue: I will be sure to download these rules onto a word document to avoid a similar situation in the future. Thank you!

Sorry,

I suppose I could have saved you time had I not been on vacation the last couple weeks, I had his direct email a friend had given me. I am glad the site is back up! Although, I always felt the game needed tweaked a bit.