Just made a small Technic Mod in LDD

It is an police bike inspired by the 8045 b-model.

8045_2nd_police_bike.jpg

Here is the LDD-file

I would like to build it for real, so i've got to get me the parts at BL but i can get SuperKalle's LDD manager to work for me on this one.

Anybody?

(Just PM me!)

Edited by JunkstyleGio

I like it! The currently-available Lego Technic 8045 Set (Mini Telehandler) "B-Model" is a "Trike" motorcycle with 117 parts, so I'm guessing that your 8045 Mod will have extra parts if you decide to make a yellow-and-black version. I like the white-and-black color scheme of your motorcycle. :thumbup: Although I like LDD Manager to create parts lists, if any of the parts have an "Import Error" then one may have to use 8045's Peeron Parts Inventory to know what parts you need to buy from Bricklink.

8045-1.1268228404.jpg

Edited by dluders

I would like to build it for real, so i've got to get me the parts at BL but i can get SuperKalle's LDD manager to work for me on this one.

Anybody?

(Just PM me!)

Let's take it here in the thread. Maybe it can help some other poor soul if we find a solution :tongue:

So, my dear JunkstyleGio, what can I do for you? Explaning your problem :classic:

The major problem is that i cant seem to create a XML file from the LDD-file.

(And being new at BL i don't get how that works, but with a working XML-file i will get it working.)

ok... so I've been disassembling all my original technic models for the last 6 months.. and sorting tubs of parts... and decided it was time I build something again..

your little bike looked like a challenge for this evening... building it from just one photo.... How'd I go?

IMG_6363.JPG?authkey=Gv1sRgCOiFqu-o1Lao-QE#5497840289694576594

IMG_6364.JPG

IMG_6367.JPG

IMG_6368.JPG

Of course I didn't have enough white to do it in correct colours...

and I decided to put some oldschool Police 1x2 tiles on the back.. the only 2-hole beams I have are in yellow, so it wouldn't have looked too good.

Interestingly.. the 4-hole liftarms, that make up the front forks.. where you've got that 1-round trans-orange 'light'... the liftarm hole has absolutely no clutch power.

It's loose.. and I couldn't even get the pieces to sit in there for the photo! so I stuck them to the next hole down.

I might play with the front - headlights.. as they look a bit silly sticking out so much!

also might re-make it in colours I have more of... red, yellow, or blue

<edit: Fixed the images.... and also.. it's stood up to the playtime of my 2.5 year old nephew!>

RB

Edited by RohanBeckett

The major problem is that i cant seem to create a XML file from the LDD-file.

(And being new at BL i don't get how that works, but with a working XML-file i will get it working.)

What part of the steps to produce an XML-file does not work? To help you, this is the process:

1) Use or create a BrickLink WantedList number.

Note that for you to be able to see the wanted list options in BL, you must first add at least ONE element to the wanted list. For example open http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3005 and then click on Add to wanted list. When this is done, you can then run the Step1 in LDD Manager

2) Once you have a wanted list nubmer (like 45934), you can go to Step2 in LDD Manager. Here you have to

a) select a model or model group

b) enter how many models (typicaly 1)

c) enter the wanted list number from above

@ RohanBecket

Thanks for rebuilding my LDD Police Bike "in the Flesh"

You're right concerning your remarks.

The frontfork should have a 4L axle instead of an 3L.

And you've placed the TransOrange Lights in the lpace i've wanted them to be.

But with the LDD you always have to get around the "impossible" buildingtechniques....

Keep me posted about the headlights...

This Bike is so much fun! And it is great to re-MOD it over and over again.

I've made 2 models myself...

8045_bikes_on_display.jpg

@SuperKalle:

I'll will try it tomorrow!

Edited by JunkstyleGio

@superkalle:

Nevermind. Many of the parts are not available in the wanted colours.

But...

I'll keep on "MOD"ding with this fun model!